Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

Catching Up with Jen and Joe!
I'll try to remember everything that I wanted to comment on. ;)

I look forward to hearing more about the Herrington Inn and Atwater's restaurant. There is a nice river walk area there. It just needs to get a little warmer. :)

You would be the second Dis family from Illinois that I know that is seriously considering moving to Florida and the third family we know that already moved there. Are you considering the St Pete area?

Like you, we have taken or will take more Disney trips than usual since WDW reopened. The economic stimulus checks along with cheap airfare and discounted resort rooms played a big role in making these trips possible. And WDW feels safe with all the Covid restrictions.

I hope you are able to get tickets to the White Sox games. I can see why the Sox are only selling a few weeks at a time. You never know when Pritzker and Lightfoot are going to reverse the reopening plans and make the businesses shut down again. :( But eventually their reign will end.

Can’t imagine anything better than meeting up with great friends at MK
That's been the best part of all these trips.

Bummer that dinner wasn't good. It happens to the best of restaurants. And sometimes I wonder why they would even put a table in a spot like that?
I know, right. It was my fault. I should have requested to move. They totally would have switched our table, so my bad.

I hope you are able to get tickets to the White Sox games. I can see why the Sox are only selling a few weeks at a time. You never know when Pritzker and Lightfoot are going to reverse the reopening plans and make the businesses shut down again. :( But eventually their reign will end.
Me too. I cannot wait to get Pritzker sucks signs for my front yard!!!!!!

We aren't fans of Kona. We've had too many bad experiences there, the latest this past September. But, I HIGHLY recommend GFC and those nachos at Capt Cooks are sooooo delicious!
I had wanted to try Tonga Toast for YEARS...I was glad to finally get to try it, but it's nothing I have to hurry back for. We are probably once and done for Kona Cafe unless we stay at the Poly sometime ;)

I had wanted to try Tonga Toast for YEARS...I was glad to finally get to try it, but it's nothing I have to hurry back for. We are probably once and done for Kona Cafe unless we stay at the Poly sometime ;)
Just not a fan of Kona. We have just had too many bad experiences there. Sad to say but our meal there last September was most likely our last.

That’s a bummer about the service and table. For a signature there really shouldn’t be a BAD table. Each table should at least be decent.😁

At least the food was amazing !!
I just don't think it's asking a lot for good food and service and for me, I'm unwilling to compromise, especially at Disney prices. 😁

Hi Jen! I was just catching up on your vlogs and watched your AK day - looked like so much fun!!! I'll be there next week and a morning Bloody Mary sounds amazing, but it doesn't appear to be on the Dawa Bar menu in MDE. Do you know if they have it anyway or is that something they've maybe taken off the menu since?

Hi Jen! I was just catching up on your vlogs and watched your AK day - looked like so much fun!!! I'll be there next week and a morning Bloody Mary sounds amazing, but it doesn't appear to be on the Dawa Bar menu in MDE. Do you know if they have it anyway or is that something they've maybe taken off the menu since?
Hi! We just had it in February (over Valentine's weekend). I can't imagine that they would remove it as it's a huge seller. A lot of times the Disney menus don't carry all their offerings because they haven't been updated. I've also learned that certain restaurants can make you other items from different restaurants if they share a kitchen.

This was such a fun day and we spent most of it at AK with Ariane and Steve. I believe we rode the Safari first and then had Bloody Mary's at Dawa Bar or it could be the reverse. Either way, the safari was amazing and the drinks just perfect. We then walked over to my least favorite ride, Expedition Everest. If you know me, you know this is one of my least favorite rides at all 4 parks. It scares the crap out of me and I just don't like it. That being said, I will ride it if I'm with friends. And, since Ariane is not only a good friend, but this being her 50th Birthday trip, well, that left me with no choice. I had to ride. I hated it just the same, but was more than happy to do this one thing for the bestie, as I knew she would do the same for me (and has)... 😁

We were getting hungry at this point and decided to try our luck at Yak and Yeti. Even being Landry members, we still waited a good 30 minutes for a table. We amused ourselves by watching an array of water cavalcades.

We were seated upstairs and ran into our friends, Bob and Kelly formerly from the DIS but most recently from the YouTube community. It was great to chat with them for a few.

We all enjoyed our drinks and meals. I will enclose pics. I remember I had the honey shrimp with Jasmin rice. I honestly can't remember what everyone else had, lol.

After lunch, we did some shopping, rode the safari again, and did more shopping. It was such a great day. Thank goodness this wouldn't be the end of our day. We would be seeing our dear friends for dinner along with Melinda and R. We had Ariane's big birthday dinner at a new to me and Joe restaurant, which turned out to be our favorite Italian restaurant on all WDW property...

I may have had a little too much to drink and I just didn't want to get up right away, thus the reason we were nearly 40 minutes late to our breakfast reservation.
The morning after is always a good indication of how great the night really was!!!

We ordered coffee (for Joe) and tea (for me) and were given those delicious biscuits with citrus butter, one of my most favorite things to eat in all of Disney.
Yum. I don't think I've heard of those before. Will definitely have to give them a whirl. Jason loves GFC pancakes so its a must on most trips.

For our meals, Joe had the avocado toast and I had the fruit plate. Both of us enjoyed our meals immensely.
You hangover eat very, very different than me my sister wife. Bring on the greasy eggs and carbs!

We got the pulled pork nachos which were everything Ariane said they would be. If you have not tried these and love the pineapple/pulled pork duo, then I highly recommend them
Oh these are so good. Definitely one of the best quick service options in the world.

Happy Easter weekend everyone!!! I hope this holiday finds everyone happy, healthy, and with family and friends. It's been a looooong year and I'm hoping enough of you have been vaccinated to allow you to see loved ones and have an amazing day!!!
Happy belated easter to you. Our "oldies" (as casey affectionately calls my Dad, Aunt, and Uncle) are all vaxed up so we had our first real holiday in over a year. So nice to finally be with everyone.

The food is always amazing but the service is always hit or miss.
We love CG but are right there with you on the service. It's either stellar or bad, never anything in the middle.

Joe and I walked over to the MK. It was the first time being in a park at night in almost a year. I'm not going to lie, it made my heart flutter.
I can't wait to finally set foot in any Disney park but I'm with ya on night time giving me all the feels. Everything just looks so much more magical when its lit up

Ah the things you do for friends. So brave.

Hi Jen! I believe I've commented once on your TR before, but I'm fully committing to replying now! Here goes nothing!

The morning after is always a good indication of how great the night really was!!!
This is the truth. I was hanging a bit. It took a while to get moving this morning (but I wasn't the only one, lol).

Oh these are so good. Definitely one of the best quick service options in the world.
OMG!!!! I'm hoping to get over here in June.

Hi Jen! I believe I've commented once on your TR before, but I'm fully committing to replying now! Here goes nothing!
Thanks for stopping by. I honestly appreciate the support.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter