Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

Finally caught back up! :) It's so fun to read both your and Ariane's reports in tandem to get each of your perspectives. You all did SO much together and had so much fun with so many great looking meals. But I agree, not all of my dining reports have been glowing and especially Cali lately. It just needs to be top notch for that price. I will never eat there again (after another recent experience at a crappy table) without at least asking for a window seat.

I've got a ton of places reserved for my trip coming up that are the same as the ones you tried so am glad to see honest, but generally good reviews.

Finally caught back up! :) It's so fun to read both your and Ariane's reports in tandem to get each of your perspectives. You all did SO much together and had so much fun with so many great looking meals. But I agree, not all of my dining reports have been glowing and especially Cali lately. It just needs to be top notch for that price. I will never eat there again (after another recent experience at a crappy table) without at least asking for a window seat.

I've got a ton of places reserved for my trip coming up that are the same as the ones you tried so am glad to see honest, but generally good reviews.
Disney needs to open up some more dining. I’m bored of most of the choices currently and am running out of places to try, lol.

Hi everyone and I’m so sorry for the long absence. We just got back from 5 nights in St Pete and I’m thinking now is a good time to pick up where I left off...Life has been crazy busy and unfortunately, the DIS has had to take a backseat. Anyway, on with this long-overdue TR...I will try to do a better job at keeping up and wrapping up this extraordinary trip.

Dinner tonight would be at a new to us restaurant. We would be celebrating Ariane’s 50th
birthday at IL MULINO. It’s located in the Swan Resort. This turned out to be one of our favorite meals of the trip.

Melinda and R also joined us. The 6 of us were seated outside in what felt like a very secluded spot complete with planters and fairy lights. The courtyard was very pretty and the perfect spot to celebrate such a special occasion.

Our servers were fantastic and the food was delicious. There were plenty of drinks flowing too.

If you have not had the pleasure of dining here, I highly recommend it.

Next up lunch at Homecomin'...

F0C98D2D-3C33-444C-BE53-99B0B36D24B4.jpeg53168D90-3551-42DC-BA1E-FB77E36BFC99.jpeg30BCDE5E-DE06-413B-9D43-CB3D5103483F.jpegFE6F309F-3741-4A66-93E9-93033FE86983.jpegEB665A98-0EE4-4443-B52E-79A5BD8BD56A.jpeg

Last edited:

This morning we slept in. It's a lot of work eating, drinking, and closing down a restaurant, lol! Honestly, we were the last to leave. I think I can speak for everyone in saying I don't think any of us wanted the evening to end. We were all having such a great time celebrating Ariane and her milestone birthday.

We didn't have a park booked today. Instead, we opted for some shopping in Disney Springs and brunch at Homecomin'. Joe and I shared the Cuban, which was so delicious. I can't remember what Joe had to drink but I think I had a plain, old iced tea.

Next up, a VERY special dinner at the best restaurant in Orlando...

It was amazing!!! We all thought it was the best Italian food on property.
Ariane has recommended Il Mulino before. It must be very good. :)
Joe and I shared the Cuban, which was so delicious.
They really loaded on the pickles. We had a Cuban sandwich at the YC, but it didn't look as good as your sandwich does. I love the way they cut the sandwich. :)

The Disney nuiMo toys are really cute. Disney is smart to sell them with entire wardrobes so kids can dress them up. It will be a big money maker for them. :)

I love the music you used when showing the Il Mulino restaurant and the lobby of Grand Destiny Tower. You must spend a lot of time finding music to go with the themes. :)
Both the restaurant and the resort look like great places to go. :)

Looks like you all had an abfab time for Ariane's b-day. We've only eaten at Il Mulino once but I recall it was very good. Not sure why we haven't been back. Other than I just forget about all the stuff in the Swan and Dolphin.

So here's a question for you. Brunch at WBG or Brunch at Homecoming? I've got WBG booked for next month (the day before my sister wife arrives :love:) but was wondering which you prefer.

Ariane has recommended Il Mulino before. It must be very good. :)
I think it's the best Italian restaurant on property. It was very good.

Il Mulino looks amazing and Homecomin looks pretty tasty too. Glad you all helped Ariane celebrate in style 🥰
Both excellent choices for a meal.

Both the restaurant and the resort look like great places to go. :)
We love Destino Tower and Il Mulino was fantastic!

So here's a question for you. Brunch at WBG or Brunch at Homecoming? I've got WBG booked for next month (the day before my sister wife arrives :love:) but was wondering which you prefer.
I'd say WBG hands down. The burrata alone is worth stopping in for. We actually booked it again for our last day in June. :)
I cannot wait to see you!!!!!

Your dinner at Il Mulino looks good! And I was just talking about the Homecomin' brunch to Mike, I think we're going to try going in October :thumbsup2
Kelly, how are you???? I understand we will be missing you by a day in December...
Homecomin' brunch was delicious.

This was our last meal with the besties and the last time we would be seeing them until the 50th. They were spending the next night at SSR and Joe and I were driving over to St Augustine for my dad's memorial service. But, we would be back at Disney for 2 more nights! Yay!

We were dining at Bull and Bear tonight at the Waldorf Astoria. Joe and I have dined here before but it would be a first for Ariane and Steve. I'm soooooo happy we were able to have another birthday celebration for my friend at the best restaurant on Disney property IMO. The service, food, and company were top notch and I'd love to be able to go back again sometime this year...We ate a lot of food, had a lot of drinks and just had such a nice night with our friends.

If you want to splurge, this is definitely the place to do it. It's comparable to Victoria and Alberts with quality and price tag...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!