Valentine’s Dinner - Jiko or Yachtsman?

Jiko or Yachtsman on Valentine’s Day?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alyssacuse

Experiment 626
My husband and I are deciding between Jiko and Yachtsman for dinner on Valentine’s Day, we’re taking a trip on the long weekend.

Which would you recommend? From what I see online, both have Valentine’s menus.

We both are adventurous eaters and enjoy a fine dining atmosphere, adults only trip. Appreciate your opinions!

I have never had a bad experience at either - was last at Yachtsman in August, was last at Jiko in 2017. I have read a few poor reviews of Jiko here recently, which is sad because we have loved it there, but it has been almost 1.5 years since we were last there. I do love the Yachtsman - maybe that's a safer choice these days.

That is a tough call; both Jiko and Yachtsman are excellent choices. For a valentine's dinner they are both fairly quiet, more adult atmosphere, good service and very good food as well. I lean (and voted) a bit more toward Jiko since it's menu is a bit more adventurous and just to spend a little time in Animal Kingdom Lodge is a pleasant adventure in itself as well.

Agreeing with pps that both are good venues.

The more adventurous of the two is Jiko's with Yachtsman being a traditional steakhouse decorated in a manner seen up and down the coast of New England.

Transportation time is not a big factor based on where you are staying: Yachtsman is an easy walk over the bridge to the Dolphin or a simple ferry ride. AKL bus transport is about 20-30 minutes via the AK bus to the AKL bus. Or just Uber/Minnie Van.
Enjoy your celebration wherever you chose:).

That’s a tough call - 2 of our favorites. For a romantic evening, I’d give Jiko the edge. The atmosphere at AKL is really immersive and unique and Jiko overall is quieter and more interesting than Yachtsman. The food is definitely more adventurous and creative at Jiko. (Jiko is actually our #1 choice meal in all of Disney, but Yachtsman is our #1 for steak - the porterhouse for 2 is incredible!). Either are great choices, enjoy!

I enjoy both, but from looking at their Valentines menus I'd totally go with Jiko. I think it also has a more romantic atmosphere.

Agree with prior posters that both are good, but I too would pick Jiko. I feel like it’s easier to make a whole evening out of it - see the animals, explore resort, pre or post (or both) drinks in Victoria Falls lounge. Dinner itself at Jiko is outstanding and the wine selection is amazing. As others have said quieter atmosphere. All in all, just think it makes for a more exotic, special, there’s nothing like this at home, kind of night. If you go, I highly recommend the wild boar tenderloin appetizer! Have fun!

We really love both, but for a Valentine’s date I would go with Jiko for the atmosphere.

Great question - one with no wrong answer!!!

We did Jiko for Valentines Day last year and really enjoyed it. Beautiful restaurant even though some of the flavors may not be to my liking. Recently (within the last 2 weeks) did YSH and had a wonderful meal too. I'd rate Jiko a bit higher on overall ambiance.

Both are very good.
I would vote for Jiko as its a more unique experience and seems a better fit for Valentines day.
YSH is a very good Steakhouse with good food. But we have many of those around us and nothing like Jiko.

Like most folks, I'd say Jiko. Dark and mysterious. Some of the best food on property. The service can be really slow, which might be a plus on a romantic dinner date. And, you can have a romantic walk to see the animals when you're done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!