Confirmed - Vacation Village at Parkway is building a lazy river!

Mrs. Ciz

DIS Veteran
I've stayed at both Vacation Village at Parkway and Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I thought both resort condos were lovely and similar in cleanliness, decor, room layout and distance the the parks non the less. WBC is actually inside the Disney gates while VV@P is not, but VV@P is super close to the parks. The biggest difference between the two resorts was the "resort feel". VV@P has several nice pools but no lazy river like WBC (and no restaurant/bar either although I've never gone to the restaurant/bar when I've stayed at WBC).

I will be staying at VV@P again in April, so I was checking out Tripadvisor. One recent reviewer said VV@P is in the process of building a lazy river!!!! Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know the projected completion date? If true, the addition of the lazy river is closing the "resort feel" gap between WBC and VV@P for me. Plus, I trade into these properties through RCI, and VV@P is easier to get and costs waaaay fewer points/TPUs than WBC.

Nothing in late August of 2016. Have you tried the Vistana? It has a resort feel, but is a 1 in 4.

Nothing in late August of 2016. Have you tried the Vistana? It has a resort feel, but is a 1 in 4.
I would love to try Vistana, but it wasn't available for our dates through RCI. Our dates are firm because we are going for DD's high school softball trip. She will be staying with the team at Pop Century - lucky girl! The team does fundraising for 2 years and gets the WDW package price +bus transportation down to $400 per player. Parents have to pay full price.

Just got back from our offsite WDW trip last night. I was able to confirm that Vacation Village at Parkway does have plans to build a lazy river. Construction has not yet been started, so I am not sure what the completion date is supposed to be.

We were assigned to building 18 at VV@P in an A side 1 bedroom condo . The building was super clean and updated with a flat screen tv, granite countertops and great looking, stylish furniture. We had our own pool and huge jacuzzi behind the building. We had requested a fireworks view condo. Building 18 is right along I-4, so you can definitely see fireworks if you are on the I-4 side, which we were. But, they gave us a 1st floor condo. We could only see the landscaping trees and shrubs from our balcony! For a fireworks view you need to be on an upper floor. We brought along a sound machine for white noise, so the highway noise didn't bother us at all. Other than no fireworks view, everything was perfect.

Last edited:

Vacation Village at Parkway is our resort of choice in the Disney World area. We actually own at a sister resort in Virginia. We always request the 8th floor in building 18 or 19 on the I-4 side. While the Magic Kingdom is several miles away, the fireworks are still beautiful. With Illuminations and Happily Ever After now going at the same time, the display is really great. We find the traffic noise is not a problem. We will be there in September and again in November this year. I plan on checking on the new construction while there. We did see a lot of work going on in the former Arabian Nights dinner theater site when we were there in June. We were told then that they were building three more buildings. Perhaps the lazy river will be part of an expanded pool area. It does sound like a very welcome addition. Not sure if a restaurant on property would help especially with the number of excellent restaurants and of course fast food places in the immediate area.

Sounds great !!!! I stayed there back in 2007 for our first trip to Disney and Florida. We went to Disney everyday and missed out on using a lot of the resort amenities. We had a 2 bedroom with an an A side and B side. At the time my son was 14 and we let him have the entire B side to himself. He LOVED feeling so grown up and on his own. :rolleyes: We were in building 12 which was a newer building at the time. So to hear they have a building "18" now is nice!!! I didn't think they had the room to expand that far. But it sounds like the future is bright for them. They may be easy to get on a RCI rental right now, but when that lazy river goes in, I am sure their units will be in greater demand. The only thing I didn't care for is the number of tall buildings so close together blocked alot of sun. So some days the pools (especially kiddie pools) would be quite chilly and cold. It was surprising because we went in July and the average temps that year were above 90. The pool at building 12 stayed shaded all the time and the pool area was chilly. But that was our only complaint. The resort, the grounds, the rooms, the staff were all fantastic.

Vacation Village at Parkway is our resort of choice in the Disney World area. We actually own at a sister resort in Virginia. We always request the 8th floor in building 18 or 19 on the I-4 side. While the Magic Kingdom is several miles away, the fireworks are still beautiful. With Illuminations and Happily Ever After now going at the same time, the display is really great. We find the traffic noise is not a problem. We will be there in September and again in November this year. I plan on checking on the new construction while there. We did see a lot of work going on in the former Arabian Nights dinner theater site when we were there in June. We were told then that they were building three more buildings. Perhaps the lazy river will be part of an expanded pool area. It does sound like a very welcome addition. Not sure if a restaurant on property would help especially with the number of excellent restaurants and of course fast food places in the immediate area.
We really like VV@P because it is an inexpensive, easy to get trade through RCI. It is clean, spacious, well decorated and super close to the parks. We always turn right out of the resort and enter WDW on World Drive. We have never hit any traffic or had issues with resort parking during July or Easter Week stays.

I'm not sure how much value a full fledged restaurant would give VV@P, but a few pool bars would really amp up the resort feel! I hope you get more definitive info about the lazy river location and projected completion date!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter