Vacation Strategy

AmyC2010

Earning My Ears
they took my monies and did not hold up to their end of the deal. I contacted BBB they have many complaints.

How about you back up your pretty severe claim with some details. Their track record with many on this board would dispute your claim.

Would you care to enlighten us with the details of your problem?

Details please?

I see where you decided to change your plans on November 1st does this have anything to do with your issue?

OP-
If you have information, people would like to know. Based on your post history, it appears your trip is still a few weeks away. Did you have to cancel? VS's policy is clear that you do not get a refund if paid in full, but you can reschedule your trip without penalty.

I was quite satisfied with my stay in Oct. I will admit to being a bit nervous as there was very little communication, but in the end we were upgraded to a 1bedroom Presidential unit. We loved it and will likely struggle as to whether we should simply go through VS in the future. I would be interested in details about your problem, but as others have said simply saying "its a scam" doesn't provide any really useful information for other members to use to protect themselves. Please come back and give us the details. :confused3

We booked with Vacation Strategy for 6 nights over Thanksgiving week and had a wonderful stay in a 2 bedroom presidential for an unbeatable price. No scam whatsoever. Everything went smoothly. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

How about you back up your pretty severe claim with some details. Their track record with many on this board would dispute your claim.

Would you care to enlighten us with the details of your problem?

OP, please enlighten us. Just yesterday I booked a one bedroom for ten days in May.:scared1::eek: I'd hate to think I wasted my money. This is my first time staying at Bonnet Creek, so I was already a little nervous. I got their name from the Bonnet Creek thread here on the DIS and used them because some other DISers recommended them.

Fundytrail, thanks for checking the BBB.

Anyone else ever have a bad experience with them? Maybe someone should let them know about the OP post and let them come on here and give their side of the story?

I'm here now, used Vacation Strategy and everything was smooth as glass. Smoother than with VBRO.

3 complaints in 3 years, in a place like Disney, where people's expectations can sometimes be higher than usual? That does not say "scam" to me...you simply cannot please all the people all of the time, particularly when your customer may be dead set on "perfection".

they took my monies and did not hold up to their end of the deal. I contacted BBB they have many complaints.

The company has an A- rating with BBB and hasn't had any complaints in the past 3 years. That's zero complaints.

I don't know if you got the name of the company wrong when you contacted BBB or if you're making stuff up.

Cancellation policy when you rent a timeshare through a company like VS or with ebay as compared with booking a hotel

First I would like to say just because a company has an A- doesnt mean that they are a bad/good company you have to read on how they rate the complaints. I did not cancel my reservation, however, if I did I woud never have expected my monies back. They contact me with an email stating that they had a 2 bedroom villa. They took my monies and now they are not honoring my reservation after all the money has been paid. I called the company after I received the email from them just to make sure their were no issues. I have read on other boards there has been issues as of lately. The emails that are sent out for reservation requests are not looked into they are generated how this works I have no idea what that is what the gentleman told me on the phone. So really their never was a villa to be rented out. They are asking people to pay deposits that are not true to the reservation. Its very confusing and when I asked even more questions I was hung up on and still my money is not back in my account. To me this is a scam. I am not saying this has happened to everyone but here we are two weeks out thinking we have a reservation and there is no reservation even with a receipt. Not happy scam to me..........no I am not making it up. Really honestly how do you know the people that are saying this company is great are not friends/business associates ect. I should have known better when you look under there testimonials there is nothing posted since the beginning of the year.....

They are asking people to pay deposits that are not true to the reservation. Its very confusing and when I asked even more questions I was hung up on and still my money is not back in my account. To me this is a scam. I am not saying this has happened to everyone but here we are two weeks out thinking we have a reservation and there is no reservation even with a receipt. Not happy scam to me..........no I am not making it up. Really honestly how do you know the people that are saying this company is great are not friends/business associates ect. I should have known better when you look under there testimonials there is nothing posted since the beginning of the year.....

I have no dog in this fight, but I am still not sure that I understand the nature of your complaint. When you said that you checked the reservation, was that with VS or Bonnet Creek ? I got a confirmation from another company and was told that WBS would only recognize my reservation closer to the travel date, this is not afterall a hotel. I suspect that if I called WBS today they would not have my reservation in the system yet.

If the following is what transpired

1) you made a reservation for a two room
2) they asked for a deposit which you paid
3) the two room was and/or became unavailable
4) they refuse to return the deposit

then i think you do have a legitimate beef, but I'm hoping that it was due to a failure in communication.

their is no failure to communicate. I thought I have had a reservation now we are leaving on the 12th of Dec. we have no reservation anywhere and I missed out on all the parks deals. I am still just amazed...........our first trip to disney for two weeks now I am trying to find a place to stay... it really has but a damper on this vacation.

boy so sorry this happened to you.

have never heard this about this company.

can you call back and ask to speak to the owner of the company.

you would think they would explain what happened.

boy so sorry this happened to you.

have never heard this about this company.

can you call back and ask to speak to the owner of the company.

you would think they would explain what happened.

I was worried after I read on another board about VS and since its two weeks since we were leaving I checked on my reservation and found out there was no reservation....Even though i have a receipt. Like I said no comments have been posted to VS website since the first of the year. I should have known better my own fault. Very sad. Times are really tuff right now for companies who knows what happened. I lost money i know that.

their is no failure to communicate. I thought I have had a reservation now we are leaving on the 12th of Dec. we have no reservation anywhere and I missed out on all the parks deals. I am still just amazed...........our first trip to disney for two weeks now I am trying to find a place to stay... it really has but a damper on this vacation.
I can't speak for anyone else,but I won't be dealing with them now-was considering it,but I'll take my chances with the ol' sit 3 hours thru a timeshare presentation,get a discount rate,and a couple of free tickets to boot!I read a lot of posts on this board"praising"this company,but I have been sceptical about them from GO! Thanks for the heads up-Sorry you got taken.If I were you,I would put someone on their backs to get the money back.If you paid with credit card,have the charges disputed!! Push come to shove-cancel the trip and reschedule if you can.Sorry again.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter