Vacation of 1sts Even Though It's our 5th Time!CBR10/12-10/20 UPDATE 1/26Final Night

We all went back to the resort after DTD and I tried to get Clarie to lay down for a nap. She managed to doze off on a pillow covered with towels so she wouldn't get her pixie dust all over the bedding.

Around 3 we headed out the door and caught our bus to MK.
Disney2011126.jpg

I had purchased our MNSSHP tickets in advance so all I had to do is go to the Will Call window and pick up my tickets. The problem is I left both my KTTWC and my ID back at the resort. It was no problem though. They were able to look up our tickets by our home address. That was great because lines were forming to get in for the party and we had dinner ressies at 5:20PM I didn't want to be late for.

We walked through the gates, got our wrist bands and candy bags, and headed onto Main Street. I was a bit sad because we had planned for so long to wear our costumes and only my oldest and youngest had costumes. Darn Postal Service!

Disney2011129.jpg

Disney2011130.jpg

Disney2011134.jpg

We made our way down Main Street to Cinderella's Castle. We had about 30 minutes before our dinner ressie.
Disney2011135.jpg

We got to the castle about a half hour before our ressie. They wouldn't check us in until 10 minutes before. I had read here on the Dis that there is a place inside of the BBB inside the castle you can take pictures. And sure enough there was! There was also a Photopass lady there and she took some pics too!
Disney2011140.jpg

Disney2011138-1.jpg

Finally it was time! This was our first dinner at CRT. We have been to the actual MK 7 times itself but this was the first time I have ever been able to secure ressies at CRT. First my DD took her picture with Cinderella and Cindy gave my DD a big kiss on the forehead.
Disney2011146.jpg

They then called our name and we headed up the staircase to the top of the castle.

We made our way up to the restaurant and were seated fairly close to the windows.
Disney2011149.jpg

Our bread was brought out with our drinks.
Disney2011151.jpg

We started out with our appetizers. Both the DH and I had the shrimp cocktail.
Disney2011152.jpg

DD had the salad with pumpkin seeds and crasins. I didn't snap a picture of that.
They had the introduction of the Princesses and we were pleased to find out we were the first table stop. Because we were so close to the windows I was having a lighting issue in my photos. Snow White barely shows up. I cannot find the one of Sleeping Beauty.
Disney2011159.jpg

Disney2011161.jpg

Disney2011154.jpg

Entrees began coming out. I ordererd the stuffed chicken breast:
Disney2011157.jpg

DD had the beef:
Disney2011156.jpg

and DD had the seafood pasta:
Disney2011155.jpg

Next up the "Wishing Ceremony" and dessert.

Did your box ever turn up?
Nope our box wasn't delivered to the resort until the day after we checked out on the 17th. I had mailed out both our boxes on the same day. One to the resort and one to the ship. The one to the ship made it. That had our FE gifts in it. The one delivered to the resort had our sun lotion and Halloween costumes. It was lost in PA.

I got some help from the Conceirge and they were able to deliver the box to the Hyatt post cruise for us.

I played with your snowwhite picture and tried to lighten it up a bit. Not great, but a bit lighter

Disney2011154edit.jpg

We were waiting for our desserts to come out and they had a ceremony with the wands and swords they gave each child along with a wishing star each child was given.
Here is the video: just click the picture.

Disney2011172.jpg

Claire was brought out a cupcake that she could design for her birthday.
Disney2011167.jpg

along with a build your own sundae:
Disney2011166.jpg

I had the dessert trio:
Disney2011163.jpg

My DH had the sugar free sorbet:
Disney2011165.jpg

Cassie had a cheesecake which she didn't even touch!
Disney2011164.jpg

My husband thinks this was the best food of the WDW portion of our trip. I thought so too but I also loved Cape May. Next stop is the Haunted Mansion.

We came out of Cinderella's Castle to stop by our favorite fountain and plot what rides we wanted to ride. My DD is still very small for her age and we had to decide what she could do and what she couldn't. I didn't realize the teacups were still open because there is this big wooden structure up there. We also didn't ride Dumbo:mad:
Disney2011177.jpg

We headed off to the Haunted Mansion. Both of my kids have been on this ride several times but it's been two years. Claire was optimistic but didn't remember how the ride went. And they also added the new gravestones and other fun things in the line to wait. There wasn't a bad line but we walked the way that took us to see all the new stuff.
Disney2011182.jpg

I rode with Cassie and my DH rode with Claire so I didn't know what her reaction was.
Disney2011186.jpg

She was absolutely balling when I met her after the ride. She had cried off all her Princess make up but was fine. Turns out she had her eyes closed most of the ride!

We walked over to the Saloon near Big Thunder Mountain and ran into a few friends.

Disney2011187.jpg

Disney2011189.jpg

There was a dance party and our first candy stop. We ran and rode Peter Pan and Small World, stopped for a Dole Whip, and then were off to POTC.

Next more MNSSHP.

After our stop for Dole Whip we stopped at a place that during the MVMCP had hot chocolate and cocoa. But it had now been transformed into Pixie Hollow. I am a tradtionalist and prefer the old Tink post pants. I watched the first Tink movie but couldn't get into the other ones. Claire still loved visting with Tink and her friend.
Disney2011198.jpg

Disney2011204.jpg

We didn't get a schedule when we walked in but knew the first parade was around 8 ish and we looked at the Villans castle show and that wasn't starting for a long time either so we headed down Main Street and into the pavillion where Mickey Mouse is. The Winnie the Pooh Gang was outside but the line was a mile long.
I had seen the pictures of the talking Mickey but we had the Halloween Mickey and Minnie. There was only one family in front of us so we were able to walk right in.

Disney2011209.jpg

Mickey was talking a lot with his hands so it made it difficult to take a good picture.
Disney2011210.jpg

We exited and came back in to get in line for the Princesses. The wait was about 20 minutes. While we were in line we heard the fireworks going off. :mad: What could we do? I didn't want to get out of line and come back.
I really wish I would have taken video of her interaction with the Princesses. Claire is really talkative and she was talking for about 5 minutes to Rapunzel and Flynn. Flynn even offered to let Claire use his horse to help reach the monkey bars. She had them cracking up as well as the people patiently waiting for their turn.
Disney2011218.jpg

Disney2011214.jpg

Disney2011216.jpg

Next we decided to park it and find a spot on Mainstreet. All these years we have found a seat in pretty much the same area. Just when it looks like there are no seats left there is always one left by the garbage cans!

Soon we were asked to tuck in our legs and the Headless Horseman made his way down Main Street
http://youtu.be/tMhWl0KKbzk

It wasn't long before the parade started. I still say my favorite parade is the MVMCP parade. This one was good but very short.
http://youtu.be/Lwlyw8IUv-E

After a very long day we headed to the resort for some much needed rest.

It was a busy day and when you are paying extra money to be at a party you should try to stay as long as you can. That's why I highly recommend taking a nap during the day for both the parents and kids:rotfl: Even though we had been planning this trip for two years I felt like we weren't following a specific game plan. It made for a less stressful trip on one hand but we did know there were absolutes we had to do.

When I had planned this trip I had originally planned a day at HS, the party day, and a day at AK. However, life happened and we had to cut a day back. I chose to cut AK. We hadn't been to HS in the longest because quite honestly it's my least favorite of the parks. We aren't big thrill ride people so I've never been on TOT or Rockin Rollercoaster. But I also have never been on other rides like Star Tours that I really have wanted to go on for years but have always had too young of children. I knew this would be my chance! This day we also had to return to DTD to test market some merchandise I can't discuss back at BBB and had to be there by 3 so that cut our day by a few hours.

We were a little late getting up and had breakfast at the resort. I had my hubby go get a breakfast combo from the food court. He's diabetic and needs to load up on food before we start doing a lot of walking. The kids and I had oatmeal and poptarts I purchased from Garden Grocer.

We didn't get to the park until after 9. I love that it's a short trip from CBR. My lovely Florida friend and fellow Diser Katy made Claire a beautiful tu tu and dressed Claire in it this day.
003.jpg

005.jpg

We were then off to something we have never ridden before, The Great Movie Ride.

020.jpg

019.jpg

Next we were debating what to do and Clarie was complaining of a stomach ache. We went to the bathrooms right by the Little Mermaid. I love that attraction. Claire didn't remember it because she was three last time she went.

We walked through the Muppets area and wanted to go on Toy Story but the return time was after 4 and I knew we would not make it back. We stlll have never been on this attraction. I took a picture of Claire in front of the fountain.

025.jpg

026.jpg

I don't know what it is but Clarie is still petrified of 3 D rides so we skipped Muppets and turned the corner to find Phinneas and Ferb.
God Bless these actors in the costumes. It was in the 90's. There was a chacter change over. I was expecting to wait but new ones came out.
030.jpg

It was down the streets of San Fransisco where they were beginning to hang the Osbourne lights. Still something I have never seen lit.
023.jpg

Next up: Star Tours, Beauty and the Beast, and Lunch at Sci Fi!

On our walk we also found Mader and Lightening McQueen. Claire was really afraid to go by them and as she put her hand on the car it reved scaring her silly lol
031.jpg

Next stop was another ride I have never rode, Star Tours. I was determined to get the whole family on board. All of us made it through the line.
039.jpg

http://youtu.be/YTfJeRTalLI

We got all the way into the shuttle and Claire said she wasn't feeling well so my husband took her off. I am glad he did because the ride was really rocky and bumpy. I loved it! My DH had never ridden it either. As we exited I told him to go get back in line and I would take the girls to Beauty and the Beast. We made it just in time. The show started 5 minutes after we got there. It brought back memories for me because I remember when my oldest came and saw the show when she was 5, she was absolutley mesmorized. Claire was too!It seems like they cut down the show but it was still good!
http://youtu.be/WZkLkIPUbfc

Next it was off to lunch for the first time at Sci-Fi. I thought the atmosphere was cute. We had our own car with hitchhikers in the back seat. The food pictures came out really dark. I had a steak, DD had the kids meal with mac and cheese, hubby had a hamburger, and I think we all had a shake. I enjoyed watching the B movie trailers.

060.jpg

The food pics are really bad because it was so dark:
063.jpg

066.jpg

065.jpg

064.jpg

Next stop back to DTD

After lunch we had to head back to DTD. We had an appointment to test a new top secret product for Disney. I can't say what it is but it's something every Princess is going to want. While we were waiting Claire made another friend.
069.jpg

068.jpg

By the time we got done at BBB we had to leave for our ressie at Cape May. It was our first time there. The Beach Club Resort is beautiful! But I still liked our CBR better:) While we were waiting in the lobby a DVC rep gave Claire a few stickers.
071.jpg

We have never been to Cape May before and were a bit confused as what to do and where to go. There really isn't directional signage anywhere. I didn't realize they have buckets to put your seafood in until someone pointed it out to me.

072.jpg

We were on DP so I thought we got more than our moneys worth! I can't imagine having to pay out of pocket for some of these buffets:scared1:

Dessert was awesome! They make these Oreo truffles exclusive to the Beach club. Yum!
073.jpg

After we squeezed ourselves out of our booth we headed for the dock to grab a boat back to HS. I took some pictures of the other resorts along the way.

074.jpg

075.jpg

By the time we got back into the park it was time to get our seats for Fantasmic. Next time more about Fantasmic.

That food looks so good. I keep wanting to go to Cape may for dinner...and I never seem to have enough time to squeeze it in...Maybe next time I'll make a better effort!

By the time we got back to HS it was time to head to Fantasmic. I have never seen it. I am always the one to go back to the hotel with the children. My DD was only 1 1/2 last time we went. And I think my Mom was with us that trip so my DH and I had a melt down. This was my lucky night! And it was Claire's first Fantasmic too!

The theater was all ready half full and we found some seats in the middle.

We got a chance to do the wave:
http://youtu.be/gr6qJG1lYH4

And then it was time to start Fantasmic:
http://youtu.be/zrqhNK6pjpQ
http://youtu.be/FE7VCdZWSew
085.jpg

077.jpg

We made our way out of the park and I tried my best to snap some pics while walking lol
086.jpg

087.jpg

I thought it was pretty cool! Then it was back to the resort for some much needed sleep! Next day more DTD and our resort day:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter