Vacation Home near Universal

donnab2005

Mouseketeer
We are planning on a vacation the end of June. We are looking for a vacation home to rent. I am kind of lost and have no idea where to start since we usually stay on Disney Property. But this time we are not going to Disney. Can anyone give me any info or recommendations. It is alot of decisions. We are traveling with another family and I am thinking about two seperate units close together if possible. So what is new Universal. Pros and Cons of renting a private home.

Thanks everyone
:cool1:

We love renting vacation homes for the privacy, extra space, more for your money, our own pool (pool home), kitchen, washer/dryer etc. You won't find vacation home rentals near Universal because it's in Orange County and short term home rentals are not allowed. Here is a map of the subdivisions and where they are.
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa-map.php
To see what's available try vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner). This is the Kissimmee listing site: http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando/kissimmee
We usually rent directly from the owners because you can get a better deal.
Other sites: homeaway.com , fabvillas.com , cyberrentals.com and many more.
Go to the Kissimmee area which is in Osceola County and allows short term rentals.

We share a home and make sure there are bedrooms for every one. There is no sleeping on pull out couches here. That way there is a place to go if you need down time. Also the more rest rooms the better. Nothing is better when all have to leave at the same time. For us it is built in playmates and sitters when needed. Also if choosing to cook while on vacation it is great having all those hands to help. A nice plus if you should choose a home is a grill if you are choosing to cook at all. JMHO

We have stayed at a few different vacation homes over the years. On the 27 there are some nice ones. Calabay Parc, Hampton Lakes, Solano and a few others are nice. We have just come back from Trafalgar Villages off Poinciana Boulevard which i would highly reccomend. Terra Verde is down this road also which i believe is nice

As already mentioned Kissimmee is probably the best place to find a rental home. For 2 units together you may be best looking for a couple of townhomes - perhaps try Coral Cay, Terre Verde or Bellavida which are all quite new resorts with townhomes, off highway 192.

If dealing direct with an owner of a single home there is a good chance they will be able to organise a second unit close by for you with another owner :goodvibes

We just rented a condo in Orange County in November. It was in the Vista Cay developement. It's being built by the same developer that built Windsor Hills. It is right on Universal Blvd and less than 10 minutes to Universal. I rented directly off of the owner through VRBO. We rented a 3 bedroom / 3 1/2 bath, absolutely beautiful for $600 a week. If you would like specifics let me know.

We just rented a condo in Orange County in November. It was in the Vista Cay developement. It's being built by the same developer that built Windsor Hills. It is right on Universal Blvd and less than 10 minutes to Universal. I rented directly off of the owner through VRBO. We rented a 3 bedroom / 3 1/2 bath, absolutely beautiful for $600 a week. If you would like specifics let me know.

Yes I would love the specifics. This is our first time renting a private home from a private owner. $600 is a wonderful rate.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter