Vacation deals for Feb 2020

steveo99

Earning My Ears
Ill try to make it short and sweet. Looking to do a vacation to Universal in Feb 2020. Only done day trips there prior (more of a WDW family). When is a good time to start looking for vacation promos/deals for that time of year? The current deals do not go that far out and anything for that time of year seems to be the rack rate. Can anyone give an idea of what they may offer during that time of year. For us up in the Northeast its a busy time where alot of people like to flock down south for school vacation so I have no idea if they deals are not as good then. Also, is there any place to look at what the history of deals are with universal (I know mousesavers.com does that for WDW). Thanks

We are going in February. They do have Stay More, Save More on the hotels right now, so you could book the hotel and lock in the rates now and then change if things get cheaper. Annual Passholder rates come out closer to the timeframe. With the relative value of annual passes, it can be cheaper sometimes for one person to get the annual pass to get the hotel discounts (in February, there will be some blockout dates on lower level passes for certain days at USF). This sticky has some information about that
https://www.disboards.com/threads/aph-rates-are-currently-available-updated-07-27-18.3301532/

I'm going to be at Universal the last weekend in February (we are going for the Disney Princess races, but are staying at Universal) and the prices right now are killing me. I can't find anything on-site that is do-able. My current plan is to book something off-site that won't completely break the bank and keep my fingers crossed that the annual pass rates (when they are released) will help me enough to move on-site.

If you don't have/get an AP (be careful with the Seasonal Pass as you will be blocked out for the Mardi Gras concerts), the Stay More, Save More is usually the way to go. Occasionally, Universal will offer some additional deals, but I wouldn't count on it.

Looking at our trip this year, I wouldn't expect any ticket deal until September, but the current one is bookable until July 31, so you won't see anything before that certainly.
For Portofino Bay, we saved about 25% on our room rate with APH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter