UY Points--Have I figured this out right?

MickeyReeds

Mouseketeer
We are about to sign our first contract (resale) to purchase 160 BLT points with a UY of December. We will get all 18 and 19 points, assuming it all goes through.

We want to take a 1 week trip in June, 2020 using those points. Will need about 350 points. We are thinking that we can bank 18's points (160), use 19's points (160) and borrow from 20's points when we make the reservation in July of 2019 (for June, 2020).

If this will not work, I think we need to rescind our offer and find something that will work.

Thanks for all of your help! I have learned so much reading through all of these forums!

We are about to sign our first contract (resale) to purchase 160 BLT points with a UY of December. We will get all 18 and 19 points, assuming it all goes through.

We want to take a 1 week trip in June, 2020 using those points. Will need about 350 points. We are thinking that we can bank 18's points (160), use 19's points (160) and borrow from 20's points when we make the reservation in July of 2019 (for June, 2020).

If this will not work, I think we need to rescind our offer and find something that will work.

Thanks for all of your help! I have learned so much reading through all of these forums!
Your plan is solid. You would only need to borrow 30 points from 2020 points.

With a UY of Dec, your Dec 2018 points will be good from Dec 1, 2018 through Nov 30, 2019. Your Dec 2019 points will be good from Dec 1, 2019 through Nov 30, 2010. So your plan works like a gem. You need to bank your Dec 2018 points no later than July 31, 2019 to use them in your Dec 2019 UY.

As i understand it, in general, you want a UY the month of or slightly before the month that you most often will be using the points. That way, if you need to cancel, you still have plenty of time to reschedule or bank the points without losing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!