Utilizing DME to MCO but staying out of WDW the last night

Bingo!

We are a community here, so it would be great if someone would step up to help out the OP. If the OP posts the date they want to ride the DME, and the resort they want to ride from, then a DISer who recognizes that they can help can contact the OP privately via DM, and make the the appropriate arrangements, similar to what the OP's friend experienced.
The discussion board rules do not allow for planning to circumvent disney rules or regulations. We don't know why the PP was permitted to ride when they did not have a reservation, but the policy is no reservation (on arrival and departure day) no ride.

The discussion board rules do not allow for planning to circumvent disney rules or regulations. We don't know why the PP was permitted to ride when they did not have a reservation, but the policy is no reservation (on arrival and departure day) no ride.

If the OP discovers that a friend has a reservation ending on the day that they want to ride the DME, and the OP's friend adds the OP to their reservation, and the OP joins their friend the night before and stays at the friend's resort, then the OP and their friend are allowed to ride the DME. That is within policy.

If the OP discovers that a friend has a reservation ending on the day that they want to ride the DME, and the OP's friend adds the OP to their reservation, and the OP joins their friend the night before and stays at the friend's resort, then the OP and their friend are allowed to ride the DME. That is within policy.

That is true but in most situations on this board it is going to cost more to add someone to their reservation just for the sake of them riding DME. At that point it would be better to just let the other party take a cab. Sorry yes we are a community but no way would most people feel comfortable putting a random stranger on their resort reservation that they then become liable for the next 24 hours.

That is true but in most situations on this board it is going to cost more to add someone to their reservation just for the sake of them riding DME. At that point it would be better to just let the other party take a cab. Sorry yes we are a community but no way would most people feel comfortable putting a random stranger on their resort reservation that they then become liable for the next 24 hours.

Well, it would not cost more if the room rate were double occupancy, and the friend were traveling solo. And while you are likely correct about random strangers, I don't believe that would be an issue with an actual friend.

Well, it would not cost more if the room rate were double occupancy, and the friend were traveling solo. And while you are likely correct about random strangers, I don't believe that would be an issue with an actual friend.

That's true I just assumed based on your previous post that friend meant someone here on the boards not an actual friend.

You can check your luggage. The luggage collection company is actually paid by the airlines and could care less if you stayed on site. (I asked when I was staying at the Swan once. I walked over to BW and asked, wound up deciding not to do it, but.... it's an option. )

You cannot take the bus. When you call for your reservation, they won't give you a ride on a day after check out.

You can check your luggage. The luggage collection company is actually paid by the airlines and could care less if you stayed on site. (I asked when I was staying at the Swan once. I walked over to BW and asked, wound up deciding not to do it, but.... it's an option. )

You cannot take the bus. When you call for your reservation, they won't give you a ride on a day after check out.
Really? I've been told that your RAC benefits are benefits of staying at that particular resort! I have to tell you...I won't be amused if I'm behind a bunch of people who aren't staying at my resort, but are trying to check their bags and get boarding passes at RAC!

If you want to use the perks of staying on-site, then stay on-site. Does anyone think it's okay to think they can use EMHs the day after they check out? But, they were just staying there, so it should be okay, right? No! If you don't get up, that morning, in a WDW owned resort, don't expect to be able to use DME back to MCO or to check your bags with RAC. That's it in a nutshell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter