Using your phone in DLP

Sentimensonges

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. So finally PLANNED my trip to DLP (as part of a 10 day Parisian and Monégasque vacation) and I just have one question I can't find a firm answer on, so I was wondering if anyone here had actually done it.

I have an iPhone 8 with Verizon. I know I can use my plan in France for $10 a day, but for half the price and about 10 times the minutes and service I can buy an Orange (large French wireless network) sim card. I just don't know if I pop it in my phone if it will actually work. Has anyone done it? I have confirmed with Verizon that as far as my phone being locked or unlocked, it is unlocked and a dual band GSM/CDMA model.

Merci à tous et à toutes

what you are doing is the opposite of what Im doing in June when I go to California :) Im getting an AT&T sim card for my Irish phone. On the AT&T website they have an online phone compatibility checker. You put in your phones IMEI number and it says whether you phone is compatible with their network. TMobile USA also have the same online checker. My phone is not compatible with TMobile network but it is with AT&T. I also did an online chat with AT&T , they again confirmed compatibility and advised me on the best prepaid plan for my vacation.

This is the phone compatibility checker for Orange France https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/orange-france

This is the online chat assistance for Orange France https://assistance.orange.fr/

Hello everyone. So finally PLANNED my trip to DLP (as part of a 10 day Parisian and Monégasque vacation) and I just have one question I can't find a firm answer on, so I was wondering if anyone here had actually done it.

I have an iPhone 8 with Verizon. I know I can use my plan in France for $10 a day, but for half the price and about 10 times the minutes and service I can buy an Orange (large French wireless network) sim card. I just don't know if I pop it in my phone if it will actually work. Has anyone done it? I have confirmed with Verizon that as far as my phone being locked or unlocked, it is unlocked and a dual band GSM/CDMA model.

Merci à tous et à toutes

We do exactly this when we got to France. Never had a problem using the Orange SIM card. We tend to go for longer periods and need our phones for work and this is what we rely on. Easy to top up to if you need to.

I don't know about actual compatibility regarding GSM bands, but if your phone is compatible, I would recommend buying the Orange SIM card option. This is the network that has the best coverage in the parks.

(In Paris, all networks have pretty much similar coverages.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter