• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using PTS in a Contract before We close. Good or Bad Idea?

Used TBS and they seem to be clueless/unmotivated on a lot of this. I will call the title company again Monday. Bonnie the agent quit/fired midway sometime in January so it didn't get sent to ROFR until 1/25

Overall the dollars are the same for the points. Seller was to pay 300 bonus and TBS paid 100 if documents were signed and returned in 24 hours which we did way back on 1/9 They forgot to include the amendment on closing papers they sent. They have been slow as there was a death and feuding father/husband and attorney involved all of which I found out after I wired $$
Thanks
If those items were not on the contract, you could have issues, if they were you'd be fine.

If those items were not on the contract, you could have issues, if they were you'd be fine.
At this point would it be better to have the amendment kept separate and just have them send me a check for the difference and leave the contract identical to the one sent to ROFR then? I didn't get to see what they sent, we signed contract and then an amendment was added about the money. I wasn't sure on the 24 hour bonus as they forgot to send a page of the forms to fill out for disney whether we had. Title company rep has been saying the contract as it was now is fine and not to worry about it. But they all at times seem overwhelmed or understaffed as it takes days to get an answer from them. Won't use either in future transactions.

At this point would it be better to have the amendment kept separate and just have them send me a check for the difference and leave the contract identical to the one sent to ROFR then? I didn't get to see what they sent, we signed contract and then an amendment was added about the money. I wasn't sure on the 24 hour bonus as they forgot to send a page of the forms to fill out for disney whether we had. Title company rep has been saying the contract as it was now is fine and not to worry about it. But they all at times seem overwhelmed or understaffed as it takes days to get an answer from them. Won't use either in future transactions.
What they would have sent would be your actual contract and that's what DVD made the ROFR decision on. You should have a copy of that. Legally they can't make them separate transactions as I understand it. Sometimes for minor issues it seems they can work with DVD directly to work things out.

I guess I will have to have faith in the title company agent as she assured me last week that the contract is fine as it is.

In reality I don't have faith in the broker and title companies abilities because of the ongoing mistakes and lack of communication. Not much I can do now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter