>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ and Questions (New) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Lynne M, Aug 3, 2015.

1. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, that boat captain was giving out some very bad information.

Bus drivers and boat captains are as bad as phone CMs when it comes to incorrect information.

2. DVCKelsie

DVCKelsie Earning My Ears

Very useful information thank you!

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. heaven2dc

heaven2dc DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting this thread! I have never thought to even ask to use another resort pools especially when signs are posted for resort guests only. My thoughts are that the guests are paying for the exclusive right to swim at their resort's pool(s). I do understand inquiring if your pool is closed during your stay as we were able to use SAB at Beach Club a few years ago when the BWV pool was closed for refurbishment.

5. Regan117

Regan117 DIS Veteran

Strangest thing...we had a CL stay booked for the GF, and with it, we had reserved a few days of pool cabanas. Then we switched resorts, to Poly CL. When they sent our family itinerary over, it still had the pool cabana reservations on there for the GF as still being confirmed. When I asked them about it, since pool cabanas are supposed to be for guests of those resorts only, they told me they checked with the recreation dept and we could keep the cabana reservations if we choose to do so. Huh? We are guests at the Poly. How can we reserve and use pool cabanas at the GF if we aren't staying there? So weird. I told them to go ahead and cancel them, because we just use the pool at our own resort, but I thought it was odd.

Shanti likes this.
  6. conandrob240

conandrob240 DIS Veteran

My nephew has just found out a teen he met on cruise last year will be coming over for the day while we are at BC to see him. They will probably go to a park (walk into Epcot) but may want to use the pool. I can't add the friend to our reservation because we already have 5 people. Is it possible she can join him at SAB? I don't want him to be embarrassed if he asks and the answer will almost definitely be no. I know it isn't the best thing to do but hypothetically, if I were to give this friend one of my MBs, would she be able to access SAB that way? TIA for not judging the question too harshly! (This is a teen who has had a very tough year emotionally so this meet up is a huge big deal for him and I want him to have a day that's stress-free!)

7. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If they track the magic bands like they do at the theme parks, an extra band would already show up as being used. You might be able to use the Dunes Cove pool without much of a problem.

But, ultimately, you already know the rules at SAB.

Shanti likes this.
  8. conandrob240

conandrob240 DIS Veteran

? I would give up my spot at the pool for her and give her my band. Anyway, yes they can always use the quiet pools for sure.

9. bethannie203

bethannie203 Earning My Ears

Do the Art of Animation Resort pools fall under the "All-Star Resorts" category? We are staying at the All-Star Sports resort in September and had talked about going to the Art of Animation pool area one evening if it is allowed. My DH and I stayed at AoA on our last trip and loved it! My husband's parents are coming with us and have never seen that resort so we wanted to check it out with them.

10. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

No

11. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

No, only the pools at the All-Star resorts are shared among All-Star resort guests. The Art of Animation pools may only be used by guests of the Art of Animation. The main pool is gated, and a magic band coded to AoA guests must be used to open the gate.

12. Angelica Rozon

Angelica Rozon Earning My Ears

This is so good to know! love having all this info at my finger tips as a newbie :)

heaven2dc likes this.
  13. Corbinator

Corbinator Mouseketeer

At AoA do they check every family member's band? Or just the person who opens the gate? Even kids?

14. Deb & Bill

Yes. Any pool that requires you have an ID for that resort requires everyone aged three and older to have one.

15. minijeanie

minijeanie <

we are staying at BC this trip.. We normally stay at the boardwalk. Any chance we can swim a Boardwalk. love this pool

16. Lynne M

Sorry, no.

17. Deb & Bill

If you are a DVC member staying on a points reservation, you can swim at the BW pool. But if you are not a DVC member staying on points at BCV or BC, you cannot swim at BW pool.

18. gusgus76

gusgus76 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info, we never have time to swim when we go. But it is nice to know the ruls.

19. minijeanie

minijeanie <

I am renting points the 2nd half of the trip at WLV - so does that mean I can use Poly pool?

20. Lynne M

Sorry, no. Member benefits don't transfer to renters....they're only available to the person(s) named on the contract.

21. Deb & Bill

And, even if you are a DVC member and "renting" a reservation from another member, you are not considered staying on your points for that trip. So no hopping.

Plus there is no hopping to the Polynesian pools for anyone.