>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ and Questions (New) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Lynne M, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You won't be permitted into the pool area if you are not a guest of the BC or YC. The lifeguards will be checking magic bands. Yours won't match the BC/YC magic bands. You could add their child to your room reservation and the four of you could swim at your pool or any of the pools at Pop Century (not to include Art of Animation).

huntland likes this.
  2. huntland

huntland huntland

Thanks for the reply. After reading up on it I see they are pretty strict on this and I understand why. We are going to use our pool at POP then come over, eat, and hang out at BC in the evening. Thanks again.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. geminierin

geminierin DVC Member, calling the Poly "Home"!

I haven't seen anyone address this: I have no interest in using another resort's pool, however I would like to spend some time on the beach at either the Poly or crescent lake in front of the BC. Will I have access to the beaches without using my magic band? (And no, NOT to swim in...lol)

5. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

Officially, the Poly beach is for resort guests only. Enforcement varies.

[​IMG]

6. geminierin

geminierin DVC Member, calling the Poly "Home"!

Well that's that then:) Thanks...We'll be eating at Kona's for breakfast, when we're done we'll stroll out to the beach and assess:)

7. DisDaveIL

DisDaveIL Earning My Ears

DVC member pool hopping question. Are you allowed to drive and park at another pool hopping permitted resort just to pool hop or do we need to take transportation?

8. EasternShoreGal

EasternShoreGal Mouseketeer

It depends on parking enforcement at the resort. For example, wouldn't work at the monorail resorts where parking is pretty strictly enforced but if you were hopping to SSR where parking is plentiful it wouldn't be an issue. Just make sure you are following the pool hopping rules, which do vary by season.

9. DisDaveIL

DisDaveIL Earning My Ears

Thanks kinda what I figured.

10. pigby

pigby <font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more

I didn't know that AoA pools were gated and needed a magic band to enter. We are staying at POP and knew we wouldn't be able to swim but I naively thought we would be able to go and have a good look around the pool areas and sit on a lounger for a while.

11. KnittingMom

KnittingMom Mouseketeer

Is the "no pool hopping" rule for all pools, or just for main pools? The quiet pools at POR are pretty quiet and empty, and when my nieces were at the Poly, they were allowed to hop over and swim with us at POR. We just asked nicely.

12. KnittingMom

KnittingMom Mouseketeer

AOA has two pools. Are both gated, or just the main pool?

13. Deb & Bill

It's all pools. All the pools have a sign at the pool stating it is for the use of the guests of that resort. Not guests of the guests.

Shanti and Denise W like this.
  14. Deb & Bill

Since the drownings, I think all the value pools are gated. And more pools are being gated as a result.

Shanti and KnittingMom like this.
  15. KnittingMom

KnittingMom Mouseketeer

Better safe than sorry

Shanti likes this.
  16. cosmicmommy

cosmicmommy Out of This World Mom

What about AoA's playground and splash pad? Are those outside the Nemo pool? My kids would be most interested in the splash pad area.

17. tjmw2727

tjmw2727 DIS Veteran

The splash pad is part of the Nemo pool and inside the pool gates so you can't access unless your an AOA guest. There is a playground by the lion king area but I am not sure it would be worth the trip from POP.

18. cosmicmommy

cosmicmommy Out of This World Mom

We're heading over there to look around anyway, so we may check it out.

19. kreckl

kreckl DIS Veteran

Does anybody know if the pools at AKL are gated?

20. daisyduck123

daisyduck123 <font color=green>I just love those parmesan mashe

Kidani Village is...and thankfully so. There, I've witnessed CM going around and checking to ensure guests are staying at AKL or AKV.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    stepdisney, kreckl and Shanti like this.
  21. briandoc

briandoc Earning My Ears

I just was at Disney in May '16 and when riding the boat from Contemporary to FW on our way to Trail's End, the boat captain was talking to another passenger. The captain literally wouldn't stop talking about how the guests at FW could use the Poly or Contemporary pools because the FW pools were basically lame compared to the rest of the resorts. The passenger asked him repeatedly if that was really true that they could use the other 2 pools as well and the captain kept saying absolutely. But now that we ourselves have booked the FW Cabins, I can't find that to be true anywhere on paper or even in chat with Dis cast members. I'm sure in his experience he thought this was the official story but it sure doesn't look that way.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016