>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ and Questions (New) <<

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
What if you do not want to swim in the pool, just sit and watch the grandbaby swim? Do you think they would allow that at Poly, particularly if we are dressed in street clothes, not bathing attire? (We are staying at POFQ). I understand the rationale of the restrictions, but wonder if this is step 1 of "no, you cannot eat at this resort's restaurant, drink at this bar, etc.". I love the pina coladas at Poly, and would hate to be told "NO DRINK FOR YOU!". :rotfl2:
One more thing. If your son/daughter is a DVC member staying on their points at the Polynesian and pool hopping isn't blacked out, they could swim at your pool with the grandkids.

Lumpy1106

DIS Veteran
Just about to close our first DVC contract and planning our Welcome Home trip for next summer.

It seems like every time we go, we end up in EPCOT in the middle of the day, wilting. In the past we have either sucked it up, found some AC and kept going, or planned a trip back to the resort to use the pool there. The second option has always gone best, but it takes hours out of your day to get on the bus, head back to the resort, get changed, swim, and head back.

But with DVC we can pool hop (YEA!)

Questions;
1) Is it just the main pool @ BCV that you cannot hop to or all of them?
2) We can't be the only DVC who do this. How crowded do the BWV pools get? Is it even worth heading over there?
3) Will you be able to pool-hop to DRR? With the gondolas that seems like a really good option.
4) Assuming you cannot pool-hop DRR, how far is it to walk to the CBR pool from the gondola?

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
Just about to close our first DVC contract and planning our Welcome Home trip for next summer.

It seems like every time we go, we end up in EPCOT in the middle of the day, wilting. In the past we have either sucked it up, found some AC and kept going, or planned a trip back to the resort to use the pool there. The second option has always gone best, but it takes hours out of your day to get on the bus, head back to the resort, get changed, swim, and head back.

But with DVC we can pool hop (YEA!)

Questions;
1) Is it just the main pool @ BCV that you cannot hop to or all of them?
2) We can't be the only DVC who do this. How crowded do the BWV pools get? Is it even worth heading over there?
3) Will you be able to pool-hop to DRR? With the gondolas that seems like a really good option.
4) Assuming you cannot pool-hop DRR, how far is it to walk to the CBR pool from the gondola?
You cannot hop to any pools at BCV including SAB. When we stayed at CBR, the themed pool was packed. It was barely big enough for the guests at that resort. DRR will probably not be permitted. You also can't hop to AoA. Luna Park pool also gets crowded.

I would expect DVC to eliminate pool hopping in the near future.

Last edited:

Lynne M

@debandbill covered it very well, but I’ll just add that the most up to date information on pool hopping can be found on the DVC member site.

UrbnCwgrl

Earning My Ears
As a former lifeguard, please be kind to them...no matter their anything (age...etc) They're following their instructions to keep everyone safe...not inconvenience anyone nor single-out anyone. This is great information! :thanks:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS