Using pool at resort

BSDolk

Earning My Ears
We will be staying offsite for our Disney trip this March. However, I would like to stay on site the next time we go and would like to try out one or two of the pool areas at the resorts to help us decide where to stay next time.

Are you allowed to use the pool facilities if you're not staying at the resort? We'll have a rental car, so should we just drive to the resort and walk right in to the pool area? Or can we buy a pass or something to the pool area for the day?

Which would be the "coolest" pool areas to try for 5 and 6 year old boys? I was think maybe the Caribbean Beach Resort?

You can only use the pool if you are staying at that resort. :)

You cannot use the pools unless you are a guest staying at that particular resort. However, you should feel free to visit the resorts for lunch or dinner and check out the pool, lobby and theming while you're there.

If you decide it is worth your time to look around at various pools, I would suggest that you look at the main pool at Wilderness Lodge (my son's favorite), AKL, CSR, and Beach Club.

I have pictures of the pool area at CBR up on my web site. As others have mentioned you can't use the pool at any resort until you are staying there.

I can't imagine any hotel allowing people in "just to use the pool for the day" even for a fee. I have never heard of such a thing. I would definetly be opposed to someone staying somewhere else and then coming over to use the pool (that we payed mega-bucks to be at) for a while. Don't mean to sound hateful, but what would be the difference of someone who lives near the hotel you are staying wanting to just come and swim for a bit and see how the pool is?

If you are interested in staying sometime, absolutely make time to tour the resorts. Just inform the security guard at the gate that you would like to look around and I think they will give you some kind of short-term parking pass. Every resort at Disney has wonderful pools, with the exception of the campground, they are just average. Our favorite is @ the GF where we are staying this Dec. We have worked and saved for a long time to do this, as most people who stay there have. It is expensive, but I think everyone should try and do it at least once.

Have a great trip:wave:

You can not use the pools at any Disney Resort, if you are not a guest at the particular resort. They do sometimes "card" people, and if you don't have a resort ID, you would be asked to leave. It would be embarassing, and again, it's not allowed. You are more than welcome to look around at the pools and see if you would like to stay there though.

Actually some of the nice resorts at the Wisconsin Dells do let day guests come and use their facilities for a fee. Just wasn't sure if any of the Disney resorts do that. Thanks for your answers.

Originally posted by BSDolk
Actually some of the nice resorts at the Wisconsin Dells do let day guests come and use their facilities for a fee. Just wasn't sure if any of the Disney resorts do that. Thanks for your answers.

The Grand Wailea on Maui also will let guests at the neighboring Four Seasons use the pools for a fee...I think it was $30/person?? the last time we were at the GW.

Alas no such program at WDW but as previously suggested, you could have a meal at a resort and walk around and decide if a particular pool would suit your family. Or just have a look around if the meal doesn't work.

Welcome to the DIS!

You can't swim but you can certainly tour all the resorts. You can tour the monorial resorts and the boardwalk resorts without even driving and worrying about parking passes. Have a nice meal or just brouse around, shop and maybe have a drink in the lounge.

If the resort isn't busy you can often have a peek at a room in a resort you are interested in. Dh had to leave a cc'd but we got a room key, checked out the room and returned the key. We did book that resort the following trip (Polynesian).

Also ..... some of the resorts in our area with indoor pools offer a day pass during our school vacations. Its a nice way to get a group together and swim on a snowy day and we always end up spending some additonal money on meals, snacks and drinks. Win, win for all !!

TJ

I am another who resents day guests at the resort I'm staying at. If I wanted to be crowded at the pool or restaurants I would have chosen Atlantis. I wrote a letter to the management of Our Lucaya after our stay this summer when cruise ships were allowed by the resort to send people for the day. We have only experienced this once before, at a hotel in Hawaii where Norwegian passengers desended on the pool area by taxi and eventually were subdued and shown out. I have to say that it seems to happen more in moderate hotel destinations as we've never seen it at Four Seasons, Penninsula etc.. I have nothing against cruisers but do wish the resort would tell you about the day trippers so that your expectations can be properly adjusted and in our case, we would have had the opportunity to choose another hotel. Threehearts

We stayed at the Polynesian last Thanksgiving, and toured a lot of the other resorts while we were there. The first day, waiting for our room to be ready, we walked over to the Grand Floridian and walked all through there.

Thanksgiving Day, we toured the Contemporary and we walked through the Boardwalk & YC/BC. As we walked through the Beach Club, looking for Beaches & Cream, we wandered into the pool area and the CM came right over to us asking us for our ID, we told him we were looking for B&C and he pointed us in the right direction. So they are aware of people coming and going.

If you want to check out the pool areas, you really should ask the manager on duty if it's ok. Sometimes they will allow you to look, but don't even think about swimming there, resorts are very touchy about this. Looking is a little different. You'll understand once you stay there. You are paying for your resort, you wouldn't like it if people "from the outside"come in to set up camp and use a pool they are not paying for!!

Originally posted by Jeanny
If you want to check out the pool areas, you really should ask the manager on duty if it's ok. Sometimes they will allow you to look, but don't even think about swimming there, resorts are very touchy about this. Looking is a little different. You'll understand once you stay there. You are paying for your resort, you wouldn't like it if people "from the outside"come in to set up camp and use a pool they are not paying for!!

Well said. I'm sure that the author of this thread meant no harm, but the idea of it didn't go over very well here. I'm constantly surprised by what some people will think to try.:eek:

I wasn't really thinking to try anything - just wondering if you can buy a visitor's pass to use the resort facilities for a day or two. We've been to the Wisconsin Dells a few times and that is very common there. It's a nice way to try a place and see if you'd like to come for a future stay. Since we plan to stay on site at Disney next time I wanted to see if that option was available.

The book I bought on Disney lists other things off site guests can use - such as Disney transportation and Priority Seating reservations, but makes no mention one way or another about purchasing day passes at resorts. Just thought someone here would know the answer.

Originally posted by BSDolk
I wasn't really thinking to try anything - just wondering if you can buy a visitor's pass to use the resort facilities for a day or two. We've been to the Wisconsin Dells a few times and that is very common there. It's a nice way to try a place and see if you'd like to come for a future stay. Since we plan to stay on site at Disney next time I wanted to see if that option was available.

The book I bought on Disney lists other things off site guests can use - such as Disney transportation and Priority Seating reservations, but makes no mention one way or another about purchasing day passes at resorts. Just thought someone here would know the answer.

Oh no BSDolk, no harm intended or taken, we just wanted to point out that if you ask to look at the pool area, you'll probably be allowed to, but if you just walk in, the CM on duty probably will not let you in even if you say you're just looking. If the search feature is working, you can do a search and you'll see some very heavy debates on pool use. I know it's an innocent question, but after reading previous posts, you'll understand why some people are so touchy about it. Most of the pool areas, you can see from afar, but if you actually want to go into the area, you should ask a manager on duty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter