Using multiple eGift Cards at once?

Staceycs

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
I've been searching for answers to a very specific eGift Card question, but can't seem to find it... hopefully someone on the boards has had experience with this.
I've been buying eGift Cards for a few months now to lock in the exchange rate (we are Australian) for our big trip, later this year.
I know that eGift Cards can be used in conjunction with other methods of payment in restaurants and stores, but I just want to confirm whether I can use multiple eGift Card voucher numbers in a single purchase transaction? Has anyone had experience with this? It's a pity they can't be combined like the physical cards can be, but at least it's helping us to gradually lock in spending money.
Thanks!

I don't know the answer, but I suspect there would be a limit to how many you could use in a single transaction. What kind of cards are you getting? Some can be added to accounts if you have one set up (starbucks, for instance, and some stores). I usually get egift cards that allow me to add them to an account or buy a Disney gift card (Target cards will generally let you buy Disney gift cards but only in-store). Maybe you could let us know what ecards you have and so we could give more specific advice.

Applogies- to be more specific, it’s just the Disney eGift Card I’m talking about. Thanks

I'm so sorry, but I'm not having any luck figuring out the answer to your question! I went to the Disney gift card site, and when I looked for 'egift card' it took me to a page called 'Shop Disney' here https://www.shopdisney.com/guest-services/gift-cards
All I could find about using egift cards was the information below, and it only mentions that you can't use more than one egift card for a ShopDisney order online (I put that in red). Maybe you could call the phone number for checking your balance (I put that in green) and ask them?
How do I redeem my Disney Gift Card eGift?
The Disney Gift Card eGift can be used online at shopDisney.com, as well as select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort and Disney Cruise Line®. At shopDisney.com, simply enter the Disney Gift Card eGift number found in your recipient email into the Gift Card Information box on the payment page along with a credit card number (required for Gift Card purchases at shopDisney.com). If the total of your purchase exceeds the amount on your Disney Gift Card eGift, the balance will be charged to your credit card. Please note: you may only use one Gift Card per order.
What if I don't have a credit card?
A credit card is required when placing an order using an Disney Gift Card eGift.
What if my purchase total is less than the amount of my Disney Gift Card eGift?
Any unused portion will remain on your Disney Gift Card eGift and can be used toward a future purchase.
What if my purchase total is more than the amount of my Disney Gift Card eGift?
The amount over the total on your Disney Gift Card eGift will be charged to the credit card number you provide.
Can I redeem my Disney Gift Card eGift for cash instead of merchandise?
No, Disney Gift Card eGifts are not returnable or redeemable for cash unless where required by law.
How do I know the balance on my Disney Gift Card eGift?
You may check the unused balance on a Disney Gift Card eGift by calling 1-877-650-4327. You will need to provide your Gift Card number.
What if I lose my Disney Gift Card eGift?
Lost, stolen or corrupted Disney Gift Card eGifts will not be canceled or replaced without the required proof of purchase. Certain restrictions apply. Please contact us at disneygiftcard.com/ContactUs for details. Please retain your email containing your Disney Gift Card eGift for your records as proof of purchase.
Can I add money to my current Disney Gift Card eGift?
No, you cannot add money to your current Disney Gift Card eGift.
If I return an item purchased with a Disney Gift Card eGift, how will I be refunded?
All returns and exchanges are subject to our standard Return/Exchange policy. Please contact the location where the purchase was made. They will explain their return policy, which will differ by location.
Does my Disney Gift Card eGift have an expiration date?
No, Disney Gift Card eGifts have no expiration date.

Hi DizMe,
Thanks for the reply and for looking into it. Unfortunately I’ve been turning up the same information for a while now and just can’t seem to get that exact answer about using multiple eGift vouchers while on Disney property.
I even emailed the Disney Parks Mom’s Panel and while they responded, it didn’t answer the specific question I asked and referred me to the Disney Gift Card site too- I appreciate their help, but I’m still at a loss.
I think my best bet is to call them (as you suggested)...I was hoping to avoid the international call, but it will probably be the easier way to get a response.
I’d just hate to start the trip and find out I can only use one per transaction.
Thanks again!

I read what you mentioned about not being able to combine them, but I just can't find anything about whether or not you can use more than one per transaction! There is an older message on a different board from another Australian who was asking about Disney eGift cards for a trip a few years ago; maybe you could PM that person and see what they found out.

ETA: here is the link to that conversation https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...h-the-disney-gift-card-egift-version.3617807/

Thanks DizMe- but that was a thread that I started
I’ll get to the bottom of this somehow!

Oh yeah!!! LOL!! If you like, I can call the number tomorrow morning and see what they say. Right now it's midnight here :D

Oh yeah!!! LOL!! If you like, I can call the number tomorrow morning and see what they say. Right now it's midnight here :D

Thanks very much for the offer but that’s ok- I’ll do it :flower1:.
I appreciate your help though!

Can you use your egift cards to buy regular Disney gift cards from ShopDisney.com? If you can, that's the route I would take because once you have the regular gift cards, you CAN combine those. If you are able to add/combine an egift card to a regular gift card, you could probably get away with buying just one regular gift card and then adding all of your e-gift cards to that one, but I suspect that cannot be done.

Hi kristenrice,
Great minds must think alike!
I did try to do this, but at checkout the ability to use an e-gift card to pay for the physical gift card disappeared from the options, so back to square one.
Thanks

So you can't combine egift cards bought on the Disney site? That is definitely strange. I have bought Disney egift cards on Target.com and am able to combine them on to my physical Disney gift card I got at the store.

Have you tried to transfer the balance onto a physical gift card in your disneygiftcard.com account?

To your question about using multiple gift cards in one transaction. I have used more than one physical gift card at a restaurant to pay for our meals, I don't see why it can't be done with the egift cards. Now I haven't used more than one in any of the stores, so I'm not sure about that.

So you can't combine egift cards bought on the Disney site? That is definitely strange. I have bought Disney egift cards on Target.com and am able to combine them on to my physical Disney gift card I got at the store.

Have you tried to transfer the balance onto a physical gift card in your disneygiftcard.com account?

To your question about using multiple gift cards in one transaction. I have used more than one physical gift card at a restaurant to pay for our meals, I don't see why it can't be done with the egift cards. Now I haven't used more than one in any of the stores, so I'm not sure about that.
That's a good point! Maybe you can't combine the ecards, but can transfer the balance on them to a physical card! I never thought of it that way. Hope that works for you, Staceycs!

I have no idea how I got it in my head head that I couldn’t combine them, and so I just went back on and you are absolutely correct- of course I could combine them. This solves everything- thank you!

I have no idea how I got it in my head head that I couldn’t combine them, and so I just went back on and you are absolutely correct- of course I could combine them. This solves everything- thank you!
Stacey, it did say on the wesite in several places that you couldn't combine egift cards. What I didn't think of, though, was that you could add them to a non-egift card! Now I'm curious: were you able to combine the egift cards without a registered physical gift card? Anyway, congrats on getting it to work!!!

Stacey, it did say on the wesite in several places that you couldn't combine egift cards. What I didn't think of, though, was that you could add them to a non-egift card! Now I'm curious: were you able to combine the egift cards without a registered physical gift card? Anyway, congrats on getting it to work!!!

Well it turns out we were actually ALL right....
So far I had bought 10 cards, dating back to July last year. The first 5 I bought (around July/Aug) can’t be combined, but as there has been a product update since then, I’ve been able to combine the 5 most recent eGift Cards into one. The difference is that a Security Code (called the EAN on the eGift Card) has been added and so you can treat the eGift Cards like normal physical Cards now in the ‘My Cards’ section of the website.
This means that I just need to carry the one barcode/voucher number with me and as I buy more before our trip, I can keep transferring balances to this one card- so much easier!
I still
I still might ring to see if the 5 older cards can be added in some way, but if they can’t, it won’t be a big problem as I’ll just spend them seperately.
Well, we got there in the end...thanks everyone :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter