Using DVC or annual pass discounts

yahoo13

Earning My Ears
Can I use DVC or annual pass discounts on rooms/tickets for my parents to go to Disney at the same time we do?

Can I use DVC or annual pass discounts on rooms/tickets for my parents to go to Disney at the same time we do?
You can only get them the discount on DVC annual passes if they are at the same address as you. You could get them the member discount on a DVC room (25%). I don't know about the annual pass discount if they do not have an annual pass in their names and you are not booking an AP discount room.

So what your saying is that I can get 25% off a regular room rate at a DVC room with my membership for a family member or myself if I need to?

So what your saying is that I can get 25% off a regular room rate at a DVC room with my membership for a family member or myself if I need to?
I'd like clarification on this point as well. Does the resort/room have to be a DVC villa? Or does the discount apply to other resorts/rooms?

I'd like clarification on this point as well. Does the resort/room have to be a DVC villa? Or does the discount apply to other resorts/rooms?
The DVC Member discount is only at DVC resorts. Technically the member has to stay in the room but from what I've heard they do not enforce it, especially if you are checking in at the same time. A DVC discount room has the same housekeeping rules as a points room. Also check for rooms through Disney, I got a BWV studio for 35% annual pass discount a couple of years ago.

I've never heard of this policy, and I have been a DVC Member since 2007. There is nothing in the members perks section of the website about this, or in the members discounts that we are able to obtain by being a DVC Member. Is there a DVC Member discount for rooms, and an Annual Passholder discount for rooms? I would like to see this policy, in writing somewhere.

There is a 25% discount on DVC rooms for members subject to availability. You have to call on the phone and Mae the reservation through Member Services. It is considered a DVC booking.

Annual passholder discounts, when available, can be viewed on the AP site. That is not related to DVC in any way.

OK, but where is the policy written for the 25% discount on rooms for members? I have never heard of this and have never seen it written anywhere, so is this actually a policy? How may people have been able to book rooms using this discount? Right now, AP Holders can book rooms at a 25% discount but this is a limited time offer, good on stays through June 2015.

I don't believe it's ever been written down anywhere. It just is. As stated, it's not always available. Just accept that it's true. If it makes you feel better, call it a "nicety" vs. a policy. I would not call it a policy. I think it's been available for the entire time we've been members (7 years).

As for the AP discount, it also is not always available and amounts vary. We just had a 30% AP discount at WL in January.

I couldn't find anything on the member website about room discounts but I found what was in my paperwork when I bought in 1999. I have not bought since so I don't have anything more recent.

Member Rental Discount at DVC Resorts. Members may receive a discount off of the published rack rate at any DVC resort, subject to the following conditions:

1) All cash reservations must be requested through Member Services
2) Member Rental Discounts may be requested by a Member or an Associate. However, a Member must personally occupy the rental Vacation Home for all nights reserved on a cash basis in order to receive the Member Rental Discount. A DVC Member Card or photo ID may be required by the DVC Resort to verify eligibility for the Member Rental Discount.
3) Members and their Guests staying through the Member Rental Discount are eligible for the optional Member Benefit programs that may be available at that DVC Resort.
4) DVD may adjust or restrict the Member Rental Discount at some or all DVC Resorts based on demand, seasonality, or other factors. The Member Rental Discount at all DVC Resorts is subject to availability and blockout periods.
5) DVD may offer Members a Member Rental Discount at their Home Resort (subject to availability and blackout periods). Member Rental Discounts at DVC Resorts other than the Member's Home Resort may be offered from time to time at the discretion of DVD.
6) Housekeeping services for members staying on the Member Rental Discount is the same as for Members on a stay reserved with Vacation Points.
7) Cancellation of reservations made using the Member Rental Discount must be received at least five (5) days in advance of the arrival date. In the even that such a reservation is not canceled at least five (5) days in advance of the arrival date, the Member and/or Guests will be assessed a charge equal to the value of the first night's accommodations for such reservation.

Wow, Good job digging that up. For all I know it's in my contract too, but I never looked.

Thank you for finding this. I will have to refer to my contract to see if this is a clause in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter