using brads...what to do from the back?

rsjj

DIS Veteran
ok...a question for the experts!! so i use a cute brad...fold over those 2 prong things on the back...what do you do with it? just leave it, and don't look in the back? use a sheet to cover it up? any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated!! thank you in advance! :flower:

hey, yup you fold the prongs out in the back and since usually when I'm using brads, they are either going through a topper, journalling box, tag which I am then putting on the page, you don't see the back anyhow. (and then the back of my page I don't see anyhow cause it's in a book). Of course, I use top loading albums so that might also make a difference, I don't have to worry about it (the back of the brad) coming onto the opposite page. (did that make sense?) maggie

Maggie's right, if you are using a top loading album, it won't matter because there will be another page in there, facing the two backs together.

If you are using a strap hinge or spiral album, you could attach the brad to whatever you are doing (journaling box, embellishment, etc.) and then attach the object to your page with glue.

You can also cut off the prongs from the back and use a glue dot to attach. Kind of defeats the practical side of a brad but it works!

Glad to hear how easy they are to use.. I placed an order last night with an online site and there were some cute brads, so I got them and hoping to have an easy time with them.. The eyelets Ive seen are so cute, but it sounds like so much work.. Not sure if Im ready for that yet..

I love eyelets because of the ability to put fiber or ribbon through in addition to the shapes, but I'll admit that there are times I'll put off that page or element because of the extra involved.

With the brads, though, they're so quick & easy! ;) If I'm putting them on something that's matted, like tags or a poem or even a frame, I put it through all but the last layer. That way there is something covering the back. I know it doesn't 'show' but it just feels more 'finished' to me....and yes, I'm a bit obsessive about things. ;)

I've also just covered the back with a small square of cardstock - but that was when I put the brad into paper & it seemed flimsy to me. I know it shouldn't have mattered once I stuck the whole thing down to the page, but it was the moving it around that bothered me. :rolleyes: (Well, maybe a LOT obsessive. ;))

thanx everyone!! but what about when you are making cards, and you use the brad...but when you open the card, you'd see the back w/the prong, right? anyone w/that problem? any solutions? again, thank you!! :flower:

I don't make cards, but I'd probably cover it - for the look only. Either a small square with a sticker or some other flat thing to decorate....or a diecut that matches the card somehow. e.g. If you make a card with the Sizzix sunflowers on the front, cut another - just the flower itself - to cover the back of the brad inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter