Using add on points

Dis87ney

Earning My Ears
Hi 👋

This may be a horribly newbie question, but if I were to add on 100 points direct with Disney at AKL (same UY as existing contract 200 pts at SSR), can I combine my 300 pts and book at AKL or SSR at the 11 month mark? Or am I stuck making 2 different reservations of 200 and 100 respectively at each home resort in hopes that I can combine at 7 months?

Still waiting for my 4/26 contract to go through ROFR, but already talking about add-ons.... :confused3

The 11-7 month window is only for the particular resort you own at so you would have 200 points to use at SSR and 100 to use at AKL. At the 7 month mark you could use them all together for all the DVC resorts except RIV is you are grandfathered in there or buy direct.

You must also have both contracts titled the same way (same people on the deed) to make sure they are on the same membership if you want to combine points (at the 7-month mark) easily 👍

Hi 👋

This may be a horribly newbie question, but if I were to add on 100 points direct with Disney at AKL (same UY as existing contract 200 pts at SSR), can I combine my 300 pts and book at AKL or SSR at the 11 month mark? Or am I stuck making 2 different reservations of 200 and 100 respectively at each home resort in hopes that I can combine at 7 months?

Still waiting for my 4/26 contract to go through ROFR, but already talking about add-ons.... :confused3
Nope. Not at 11 months. The home resort booking window applies to the contract, not the membership. You will have 2 contracts (SSR and AKV). At 7 months (assuming the contracts are under the same membership) you can combine the points to book at any L14 resort or the 100 direct points could be used at RIV and the new resort in California.

As others have said, if you want to book AKV at 11 months out, you need AKV points. You can use banked AKV points, current AKV points, borrowed AKV points or AKV points transferred in from another AKV owner. But points from any other resorts will stay on the sidelines until the 7 month window opens.

And the same is true for all DVC resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter