Using a Wise account in Disneyland Paris

JKCDA

Earning My Ears
So I've never travelled outside of North America (I'm in Canada), and my daughter and I are taking a trip to Paris in August, with a sidetrip to Disneyland Paris (of course!). I have a set budget, and CDN$ to Euros is ridiculously expensive when using your credit card, so I signed up for a Wise account. I've done the required move of just 20 Euros to set up the account, and received my card yesterday.

What I'm wondering is does it make sense for me to transfer my Canadian dollars I'm holding in a travel savings account into the Wise Euro account? Will I be able to use it as I would a Canadian debit card, to like pay for dinner in Paris, or for souvenirs in Disney.

I just don't know how it actually works, and I don't want to move a few hundred dollars into the Wise account and find out I can't use it how I'm hoping to.

Not sure about a WISE account, but the no fee no FX Home Trust Visa Credit Card, the FX "payback" Amazon Mastercard or the premium no FX Scotiabank Visa Passport might be more traditional alternatives

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter