USA Women's Bathing Suits-Oh My!

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else surprised how fast the evolution of Women's Bathing Suits in the USA has gone from 100% coverage of the posterior(don't know if more descriptive terms are allowed!lol) to now when 50% coverage and 25% coverage suits are VERY common.(Complete Thong Suits still do seem to be "fairly" rare.)

I can remember not too many years ago when USA Guests going to WDW in July would be aghast when seeing The 15s with their "low coverage" Suits(some were Thongs,but many,many would just be the 25% or 50 %) and now the USA has fully embraced the Suits The 15s were wearing back then.

I am making no comment as to if it is a good or bad trend,just the SPEED in which it happened.

No because for some reason women find it empowering to let it all hang out. But don’t dare look at them, or if you are a man don’t dare feel any sexual feelings toward them. They aren’t doing it for your attention they really are doing it for themselves. Really they are, they swear.

No because for some reason women find it empowering to let it all hang out. But don’t dare look at them, or if you are a man don’t dare feel any sexual feelings toward them. They aren’t doing it for your attention they really are doing it for themselves. Really they are, they swear.

I think they are showing they are breaking free from our misogynistic culture. That is a good thing.

Is anyone else surprised how fast the evolution of Women's Bathing Suits in the USA has gone from 100% coverage of the posterior(don't know if more descriptive terms are allowed!lol) to now when 50% coverage and 25% coverage suits are VERY common.(Complete Thong Suits still do seem to be "fairly" rare.)

I can remember not too many years ago when USA Guests going to WDW in July would be aghast when seeing The 15s with their "low coverage" Suits(some were Thongs,but many,many would just be the 25% or 50 %) and now the USA has fully embraced the Suits The 15s were wearing back then.

I am making no comment as to if it is a good or bad trend,just the SPEED in which it happened.
Who are "The 15s"?

You really think men don't have sexual feelings toward women in more full coverage bathing suits? Or regular clothes? You can have all the feelings you want, just keep your comments about those feelings (and your hands) to yourself! (The general you, not you in particular)

You really think men don't have sexual feelings toward women in more full coverage bathing suits? Or regular clothes? You can have all the feelings you want, just keep your comments about those feelings (and your hands) to yourself! (The general you, not you in particular)

You aren’t wrong here but it seems you really missed the point of what I said.

Why wouldn't they admit it? How else to you expect them to bring in millions in endorsements unless they were noticed?

Maybe it’s just the ones not lucky enough to get any endorsements. Got to save their pride by claiming how empowered they are being almost naked.
Don’t know though, my days of wearing a bikini are over, endorsements weren’t around back then, we just did it so the boys noticed us 😉

Don't wink at me. It wasn't that long ago that women were said to be 'asking for it' if sexually assaulted, based on what they were wearing.

If you only see the world in such extremes maybe you should avoid conversations with people. I am discussing women who dress for attention. It seems you can’t separate that from someone thinking they are asking for sexual assault. Like I said to you before- you definitely missed the point 😉

It’s nothing new. My daughter has worn skimpy swimsuit bottoms for quite a long time. At least 7 years since she was a teenager. She was a competitive swimmer and the practice suits of most of the girls were skimpy in back.

That’s really sad that you feel that way. My 3 adult daughters take very good care of themselves, eat right and exercise, and really the only people they seem to want to impress are their girlfriends (one has had a boyfriend for 6 years, another for 3, they’re in good shape too and have no issues with the bikinis. I’m sorry you never had that confidence to look good for yourself.

That’s really sad that you feel that way. My 3 adult daughters take very good care of themselves, eat right and exercise, and really the only people they seem to want to impress are their girlfriends (one has had a boyfriend for 6 years, another for 3, they’re in good shape too and have no issues with the bikinis. I’m sorry you never had that confidence to look good for yourself.

I don’t have an issue with confidence, I looked fantastic when I was a young adult, definitely had some years after 3 kids where I wouldn’t even put on a bathing suit, and now in my late 40’s after a few years of eating right and working out daily I’m back to looking and feeling great!
I also don’t hide behind some feminist BS about how empowering it is to dress sexy, or even being half naked. I have no problem saying that that looking good and getting attention for it makes you feel good. That’s what those women mean when they say “empoered”,
We all know it, it’s just some if you have problems being honest with yourself. Embrace the fact that you want to look good and dress a certain way to be noticed. Stop lying to yourself, everyone knows the truth even if they don’t admit it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter