USA has surpassed China in Covid 19 cases

This getting really scary! Hoping and praying this ends soon, and we find a vaccine soon. Listening to Drs Fauci and Birx it looks promising!

we also passed Italy. We are the number one country in the world for having the most cases. Sorry it won’t end soon I’m afraid. Hopefully I’m wrong.
I said this a few times here why China is on the decline is when chinas government talk you shut up you listen and you do what your told or your heading to jail.
too many people in the USA think this virus is a joke.

This getting really scary! Hoping and praying this ends soon, and we find a vaccine soon. Listening to Drs Fauci and Birx it looks promising!
Amen!! A vaccine is really our only path forward. Until one is found we can't hope to relax social distancing since we are practically all expected to contract this virus if nature takes its course.

There was a joke going around that if hockey was cancelled, desperate fans would develop a vaccine before scientists did. I still chuckle when I think of that one. :laughing:

We always knew numbers would skyrocket when testing became more widespread. Many have mild symptoms and recover at home. Some need a few days of hospitalization and others more intensive treatment. Sadly, our current death rate is 1.5%. Hopefully, we will soon be able to test for antibodies. We will then have a better idea of who has had COVID and were asymptomatic....never "sick" at all.

we also passed Italy. We are the number one country in the world for having the most cases. Sorry it won’t end soon I’m afraid. Hopefully I’m wrong.
I said this a few times here why China is on the decline is when chinas government talk you shut up you listen and you do what your told or your heading to jail.

We should pass Italy...we have nearly 6x the population.

Indeed!!! My son is living in Beijing. Lockdown there meant you had NOWHERE to go!! The grocery store and that was about it. People did not freely walk around, bike, rollerblade etc. There are "guards" outside my sons apartment. They asked where you were going and asked where you had been when returning. The first picture I saw of the empty streets of Wuhan, I thought to myself " we ( Americans) will not be able to do that".
I do not condone their government, but it is true, They speak and the people obey.

We’re going to become A LOT worse.
Any kind of loosening of restrictions by some arbitrary Easter date is just ignoring the problem again regardless of how the economy is.

Doesn’t matter whether you believe in China’s numbers except for competing to see who’s the worst. As BuckeyBama said, we just need to take care of our problem first. (If there’s any country to suspect the numbers, it would be India, Iran and Russia).

By early next week, I predict we’ll be at 1,000+ deaths per day. My past predictions have been blown away, so maybe even sooner.

Indeed!!! My son is living in Beijing. Lockdown there meant you had NOWHERE to go!! The grocery store and that was about it. People did not freely walk around, bike, rollerblade etc. There are "guards" outside my sons apartment. They asked where you were going and asked where you had been when returning. The first picture I saw of the empty streets of Wuhan, I thought to myself " we ( Americans) will not be able to do that".
I do not condone their government, but it is true, They speak and the people obey.
I can walk for miles and not encounter anyone. Social Distancing in my area is pretty easy. I don't like seeing some bring the entire family on a shopping trip, especially the kids because they TOUCH EVERYTHING! I sanitize my cart and in some places wear gloves. (We need to use extra precautions) I am NOT sick and wash my hands PROPERLY and FREQUENTLY.... don't touch my face either. I stay away from sick people and pretty much stay at home. Where I live...different from Beijing AND New York We shouldn't need the extreme restrictions at this time.

Last edited:
We're doomed.

I think, it's more likely that we'll have treatment options in the near future than a vaccine. That's still a good 12+ months out.

Time to binge watch some b&w Doctor Who.

We’re going to become A LOT worse.
Any kind of loosening of restrictions by some arbitrary Easter date is just ignoring the problem again regardless of how the economy is.

Doesn’t matter whether you believe in China’s numbers except for competing to see who’s the worst. As BuckeyBama said, we just need to take care of our problem first. (If there’s any country to suspect the numbers, it would be India, Iran and Russia).

By early next week, I predict we’ll be at 1,000+ deaths per day. My past predictions have been blown away, so maybe even sooner.
NYC was really let down. IMO New Yorkers were told by Health Commisioner Dr. Oxiris Barbot. “At this time, the actual risk to New Yorkers is low, but our level of preparedness is high, and we are monitoring the situation daily to determine if our plans to protect New Yorkers need to be adjusted accordingly.” And then encouraged to go on with their lives and get out on the town despite Coronavirus in early March. UNBELIEVABLE !!!

Last edited:
Here in one of the counties in the San Francisco region, drive up testing for the general public began a couple days ago at a few locations with each having a testing capacity of about 200-300 samples per day (and results in 1-2 days). From the first day of testing on Tuesday, it was reported that each of the test sites averaged about 25% infection. Without any travel restrictions in the US, watch out neighbors.

We’re seeing first responders, including firefighters and police, having been infected. Obviously, we don’t know where they’ve acquired it, whether it was at home or on the job.

Last edited:
But, but, but... did you forget about the flu, Ebola, car accidents, cancer, etc? There's nothing to see here. :rolleyes: Many in our country have been totally mislead by their news source of choice & the powers that be that they listen to.

Fortunately, the local government in my city has put forth limits to protect us. If they're ever superseded by our governor or the federal government, we'll be in trouble.

Last edited:
But, but, but... did you forget about the flu, Ebola, car accidents, cancer, etc? There's nothing to see here. :rolleyes: Many in our country have been totally mislead by their news source of choice & the powers that be that they listen to.

Fortunately, the local government in my city has put forth limits to protect us. If they're ever supersedes by out governor or the federal government, we'll be in trouble.
It stinks that too many do not get flu shots. Although to be fair, they didn't work too well this year. It would've helped with the caseload of COVID patients...

It is what it is...and needs to be handled to the best of our ability. Wish the noise would stop so we could move forward in a reasonable manner instead of total fear.

Last edited:
We're doomed.

I think, it's more likely that we'll have treatment options in the near future than a vaccine. That's still a good 12+ months out.

Time to binge watch some b&w Doctor Who.
I'm hoping for better treatment options by Oct. Would be especially helpful for if a possible Wave 2 hits next flu season.

Can never have enough Dr Who! I've laid off watching the past year, sounds like a great time to start again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter