US STOPPING ALL FLIGHTS INTO THE UNITED STATES FROM EUROPE FOR 30 DAYS.

Nope.

Italy: 12,462 cases
France: 2,281
Spain: 2,277
Germany: 1,966
US: 1,336

That's a total of EU: 18,986, US: 1,336. The US has ~10% the amount of cases as the EU.

Source
Send me the number of tests actually given in the US vs Europe too please. Looking at the death rates in the US is also a red flag. Germany has drive-by testing; half of their positives have zero systmes. The majortiy of Amercian tested were tested as they had severe symtoms.

The US just now agreed about Co-pays for this test.

Any logic based on global travel patterns will support my assumption. granted an assumption,that the number of cases in the US are the same.

Send me the number of tests actually given in the US vs Europe too please. Looking at the death rates in the US is also a red flag. Germany has drive-by testing; half of their positives have zero systmes. The majortiy of Amercian tested were tested as they had severe symtoms.

Any logic based on global travel patterns will support my assumption. granted an assumption,that the number of cases in the US are the same.
I go by the numbers available.

But are they (scanning)?
As of last week, no, at least not all passengers.
They also have a severe problem with supplies, personnel, and hospital beds.
For the life of me I can't think of a health reason why the UK was excluded from the ban.

I realize this is only dated Monday - so no longer quite accurate, but it gives a good idea about why the numbers are different.

In my personal opinion it also gives us an example of things that are working vs. not working and that we could maybe learn from countries that are a week or two ahead of us on the curve.

But are they (scanning)?

I imagine they will start if they haven't already, but I was just answering about possibly why UK wasn't placed in ban list.

I work for the NHS and hospitals are coping as majority are being tested at home and are well enough to stay there. Supplies don't appear to be an issue for the healthcare side, only people going mad buying pasta, hand sanitiser to try & sell at a premium. Shops have been warned they are not allowed to hike prices and if found to be they will be punished.

Can people just fly to Canada first and then come?
The ban is actually against foreigners who have been within the EU passport free zone (which is most of mainland Europe) within the last 14 days. So travelling via Canada won't help unless you spend 14 days in Canada.

The ban is actually against foreigners who have been within the EU passport free zone (which is most of mainland Europe) within the last 14 days. So travelling via Canada won't help unless you spend 14 days in Canada.
Thanks for the clarification

If this is really a cargo ban I feel it will hurt more in the long run if pharmacys can't get medicine to people. Not having anything to do with CORVID-19. Many have said they can't get wipes or peroxide due to people freaking out now folks who need it right now due to surgery and things are going to be in danger.

Sure it's spreading but to freak this much where it puts folks who are negative but need things is crazy to me.

If this is really a cargo ban I feel it will hurt more in the long run if pharmacys can't get medicine to people. Not having anything to do with CORVID-19. Many have said they can't get wipes or peroxide due to people freaking out now folks who need it right now due to surgery and things are going to be in danger.

Sure it's spreading but to freak this much where it puts folks who are negative but need things is crazy to me.

Apparently it's not really a cargo ban? I have no idea what is going on and neither does our government, but hey, we can't discuss it here.

Not gonna lie...

I wouldn’t be mad if we closed the southern border. I know if my city gets an active case, it could come from anywhere, but a lot of traffic comes from below the 49th.

Here's a shocking statistic: The CDC is now reporting how many tests were done each day at the CDC and at US health labs around the country. While I know the private labs are starting to test, and they're not currently being tracked by the CDC, want to guess how many tests were done at the CDC and the US health labs yesterday (3/10)? EIGHT!!! Eight whole tests during a global pandemic. We're really knocking it out of the park, huh?

Yep, I saw that happen when NYC got their first 3 suspected cases. Then the next day 2 more cases were added. The test itself only takes 4 hours. We have 8.5 million people here, in which the cases could have multiplied like crazy while we waited FOUR DAYS for all 5 tests to come back negative. :sad2:

What I don't understand is, the CDC is responsible for doing one thing, researching & testing diseases, controlling them to keep us safe. They've had DECADES to come up with protocols to put in place in case of a pandemic like this happens. Yet, the don't seem to have ANY procedures thought up ahead of time. :idea: :confused3 Go with Plan A! Go with Plan B! B didn't work. Go with Plan C!

Sci-fi movies had many, many, many stories about pandemics, zombies, etc., taking over and decimating humanity. But the CDC, like what happened with 9/11, the organizations that were supposed to keep us safe, "had a failure of imagination" to think up scenarios ahead of time, and what to institute. In this case how to test and eradicate a fast growing disease and keep all of us safe. :sad2:

Last edited:
Apparently it's not really a cargo ban? I have no idea what is going on and neither does our government, but hey, we can't discuss it here.

This thread seems to be a safe zone, unless all the people saying the T name are getting points. I’d try, but I got a vacation last time I even hinted at the name.

The UK is an island and has borders unlike mainland europe which allows cross border travel without checkpoints due to the Schengen agreement. UK can screen people coming into the country,others can't due to no checkpoints

I'm sure that's it.

Cargo will still be moving.

What I find odd is that Pence and Trump were seen together only a few days ago. My company since last week has split teams, Management and executive boards into teams. Ex. CEO and CFO are on two different teams. These teams cannot physically interact…

Once would think the the Pres and VP would need be be separated at this point along with other leaders,, both sides…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter