US Restrooms v UK WCs

***SandieUK***

Florida Fan
I have just returned from our local shopping centre and once again I cannot believe how awful our 'conveniences' are compared to those in the US. Cramped, dirty, smelly, missing seats etc! Maybe it's just because Orlando is the tourist capital of America but I just couldn't get over how clean and tidy their Restrooms were, especially in Disney and the shopping malls. Also, Ladies, don't you like those handy disposable seat covers you get - much more hygienic!

What a horrible subject!

I don't know - at least you don't have the embarrassement of people being able to see you as you pee - it's those gaps down the sides of the doors. Can't they find a door that fits!!

I think trying to compare your average loo to Disney's is like comparing steak to a frozen burger. Generally the ones in our supermarkets, malls and large shops are pretty good.

And why do even the ladies loos there have gaps at the front of the seat? I think they are really uncomfortable.

It may be an unpleasant subject but it is one that is close to all our b... erm hearts

:D

I think we have mixed quality in loos, some are excellent and some are pretty poor - probably the same as in the States.

Have to say that in Pizza Hut last night, I took Katie to the loo and we could barely close the door the cubicle was so tiny! it was clean though.

I'm not a fan of those gaps in the Disney loos!

Bev

The worst public toilet I have ever used was in Washington DC. not too far from the monument. It was filthy and the floor was flooded and stinking, if I hadn't been so desperate I would have just walked out!

So I guess you're right that they have mixed quality too.

PS is it just me or has anyone else found that Pizza Hut always has it's loos in the basement?

and then there are the French "leus"

....don'tcha just love getting your feet washed at the same time!! :D

Yep - gross subject!

My 2 DDs hated those automatic flushing loos, and made me go with them every time they needed to use one (so that I stood there with my hand over the infra red light!)

Whenever we go to the US one of the first things my DD says is "back to the land of clean toilets"!! I am sure they are variable, but we have never had a bad experience. The gaps on the doors didnt really bother me, I'm not doing anything anyone elso isnt(?) so I don't care if people want to watch. Anyway, if you look when you are outside you don't really see anything recognisable anyway!
I think the auto flushes are fun, if a bit scary the first time! :confused:

The worst toilet I ever visited was at the Clearwater Mall, Clearwater Fl in 2000.

It was absolutely disgusting and such a shock compared to every other US restroom.

I think the mall has since closed down!!

Nothing can compare to the scene in Trainspotting - the worst toilet in Scotland! ;)

I've seen my fair share of disgusting bathrooms in the US. We went to Sea World a few weeks ago and they were HORRIBLE!!! I'm so used to Disney keeping them clean. We did like Sea World, regarless of the restroom conditions.

In less than a week I'll be using UK toilets again! Woo-hoo!!!!! Ok, I'm not really excited about the toilet thing as much as I am about visiting my family!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter