US/IOA I need to know what you know

PartyofSix

TripMomma + 4
about the rides. My DH is ...well a big person. He does not do rides with me because he is afraid he's not going to fit well. While we were at IOA he decided to do Popeyes river raft thing. The CM was very nice and told my husband to use the seating with the red belts. My husband very much enjoyed the ride and he was no longer afraid to get on that ride. We rode that thing 5 times! That was the first ride we have ever rode together in our 12 years of traveling to parks with the kids. My question is can any of you share what you know about the rides? Most of the rides at US are inside and we did'nt dare do any of them the first two days. One evening we walked in the US park and I asked the CM's what was inside and how did the ride move and what kind of space was available (seating). Well, we did T-2 (very cool), Dh was comfy in the seating there, did BTF which we both hated being jerked around and slung so roughly. As far as fitting it was very tight though with the seats kind of fitted for small crowds and enclosed in that car was not my idea of fun. We also did MIB the bar was okay across he lap and except for the spinning he was fine.LOL He did twister, and E.T. with our 10yo girl. I just wondered if you all that go so much and the rides your familar with you might could tell me what rides might work for us. My DH wants to go with me on "some things" like no spinning type things. I'm not a roll a coster nut and I don't like to be jerked about or enclosed in tight spaces esp. in the dark. I did enjoy River Adventer at JP and Rip a Saw falls and the Flying Unicorn (i know i'm a whimp) and the rides i mentioned above exp for BTF. Can you all help me. Point us in the right direction towards things we could do that would cause my DH fear of not fitting on the ride. Do the lap bars lock down on rides? Would he be okay? I know this is silly to ask you all these questions but we are planning on going back and I want my sweet husband to get more fun from the trip and know what we could ride together without feeling ashamed to ask the CM's. Can anyone tell me what Spiderman does? Is it a ride or walk thru, is it dark? Does it Spin you? Is there a Lap belt? Can big people fit? That's kind of what I would like you to help me with if you would. Thanks everybody.

For a great description of what Spidey is like, CLICK HERE.

It doesn't mention it but there is a pull down lap bar, no belts on the scoop. I don't think he'll have a problem fitting in.

Thanks for the info Robin. Can you tell me or describe what a scoop is? How many people rides with you? Is it comparable to the cart thingy a MIB?

The scoop is the car you ride in. It's not the same as MIB. MIB has lap belts. The scoop has a bar that comes down. It only comes down as far as the biggest person. Your husband shouldn't have trouble in it. The ride is FANTASTIC! Definitely give it a try.

MIB spins, but it's not a "Continual" spining type ride.

ET-no problem for you guys at all.

Cat-Lap bar yes. Fits six people, you should be fine, minimal spinning.

Jaws-see it, no lap bars, just right.

Earthquake-see Jaws above...:)

Kong, Lap bar yes, but it's not really restrictive.

Twister-show, not ride, will be wonderful for you two.

Hanna-Stationary seats in the front, minus lap bars, will be cool for you.

Ripsaw Falls-good ride, it's a step in, and being a big person myself-might I recommend the back seat. You will still get splashed, but-you're more comfy in the back.

Jurassic Park River Adventure-Lap Bars, talk to the attendants, they will help you.

Take care and have fun.

Notatourist: How kind of you. Thank you so much that was the kind of stuff I needed to know! It's just so uncomfortable to have to ask the CM's these questions. I appreiciate follow US/IOA lovers like you to help us out like this. To claify since that was our first trip can you tell me:

Cat: where is that at? Is that Cat in the Hat or something?

JaWs: which park is that? is that a movie then? Earthquake is a movie too? I know Earthquake is in US right in the back?

Kong? which park is that a ride?

Twister: got that one

Hanna: what is that? a ride show? which park?

Thanks for all your wonder help.

Well, Tammy, they call me notatourist, cause I work there...:)

To answer your many questions...

Cat is Cat in the Hat. Location-Islands of Adventure.

Jaws-Location-Universal Studios Florida

Kong-Kongfrontation-yes it is a ride and it's also at Universal Studios Florida

Hanna-Hanna Barbera-Yes it's a ride and it is at Universal Studios Florida.

Like I said, HAVE FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter