US Air

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
Need to purchase tickets soon for December flight. Does anyone really believe that this airline will lower fares for early December???..............thinking I really need to buy NOW....
Pittsburgh to MCO.....

Thanks in advance!!!!

I doubt it. I just checked prices for a possible long weekend trip February 6 to 9 and it came up $250, more than I expected. There are going to be schedule changes coming out soon. PIT-MCO is reducing from 6 to 5 daily flights, MCO-PIT from 6 to 4. They are going to be routing more people through Charlotte, which is going to be their North-South hub. Pittsburgh will be the East-West hub.

http://www.usairways.com/about/press/nw_02_0830.htm

I'd buy now for December.

Debbie, I checked the PIT-LAX and LAX-PIT routes, and we only have 3 flights each way! When they say they are making PIT the East-West hub, does that mean that they are reducing a lot of coast-to-coast service? Haven't checked any other west coast cities to see what the frequency will be.

I know they reduced PIT-Las Vegas from 3 to 2 each way. I did read somewhere that they are concentrating on the East Coast now. I know in planning trips to Las Vegas, we always paid a higher fare in order to get that non-stop, especially for daytime flights (did the red-eye once, never again :rolleyes: ). Getting a connection on other airlines would have been much cheaper, but we didn't want a longer trip than it already was. I know my cousin always takes Northwest out to Las Vegas or Los Angeles, connecting in Minneapolis or Detroit (or sometimes both :rolleyes: ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter