US Air changed my flights and only have 30 minutes in Charlotte?

jtjcwise

Mouseketeer
My flights were changed due to US Air cut some flights, now we only have 30 minute layover. Not sure if this is enough time to get from one flight to another. Anybody ever had to do this in Charlotte?:confused:

If it were me, I would only attempt it if my only luggage was carryon. You might make the plane but I wouldn't bet on your checked luggage making it, too.

Wow, that means that they would probably be boarding by the time you get there.Most airlines board 30-45 minutes prior to departure.That would only work if your gates were right next to each other.30 minutes used to be the legal time between domestic connections,but,I personally wouldn't be comfortable with that amount of time.Why don't you call Usair ?? .:confused:

Are there other flights or connecting flights that you would find acceptable? If so, ask for a change. They ought to give this change to you free.

If there is a foreseeable solution to a missed connection problem that the airline refuses to use, the airline leaves itself open to being more responsible than the usual rules (Rule 240, etc.) may dictate.

Disney hints:
http://members.aoll.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I don't think that is enough time unless the flights are on the same concourse. I have done the dash through Charlotte, and even though I made my connection, for some reason it didn't register me as making that connection and all my return flight reservations were cancelled. What a pain. I would ask for a different flight.

I would not worry too much about the luggage. My luggage has made several flights in Atlanta that I have missed! Luggage actually takes a much more direct route than you do! That is fairly quick considering USAirways boarding rules. I would call them and discuss it with them.

if your connection is tight. I would look at the schedule and see what your other options are before leaving home. if the next available connection isn't until several hours later I would try and make the tight connection. Charlotte is not that big of an airport. They will probably be boarding when you arrive but that is Okay. If you are worried have one person in your party run ahead to the gate and let them know you are coming. If you pm me your specifics I can help you research your alternatives.

I contacted US Air, and we received a later flight that is about 2 hrs later. Dinsey will just have to wait a couple hours for us to get there.:earseek:

Yikes. I think I'd take my chances with a 30-minute connection than wait 2.5 hours for my next flight. If I missed the early connection, they would put me on the later one anyway.

Peggy

My DW did not want to chance the short layover. We are also traveling with 2 DSs, 6 & 3. The layover will be around lunch time, and we will use our time doing that and watching planes come & go. Will be our sons first time to fly.

Thanks for all the comments!!!

You can book a comfortable connection time and try to stand by for an earlier would-be-tight connection if you get there earlier enough and it doesn't cost more.

Better than missing the connection and finding the next flight full.

This works best with no checked luggage or a rental car since otherwise one person would have to drive back to the airport to get the luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter