URGENT -Windsor Hills - Have you rented from this owner?

auger

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!!
I really could use some help from the folks on the boards.
I know everybody raves about WH rentals, and we have found a 3b/2b condo on vrbo that I really like.
I am looking for verification of the owners from anyone who can help me.

Has anyone ever rented from Aleah and Derek Hong (Iowa)?

We have never rented through vrbo before, and I am really petrified of being scammed.
I can't imagine getting to Florida and finding that the place I rented doesn't exist, or that the person I rented from doesn't own it!!

If you have rented from these owners, please let me know right away.
I hate to be suspicious of people who haven't given me reason to be, but in this world, you have to cover your bases!

Any other advice on how to verify things for this first time rental would be appreciated as well.

THANKS!!!!:flower3:

What I did, was ask what rental company the owner uses to service the unit, then I looked up contact info for the rental company and contacted them to ask about the property. They almost always had the property listed on their website with the owners contact information and it matched what I already had. There are different payment methods, such as PayPal, that can protect you if you are still apprehensive. On VRBO, read reviews. The owners have no way of altering reviews, or opting out of reviews to prevent negatives. Then there's the Google route, Google the listing name + the owner name, or owner name + the address. If it's a scam, someone will have made a complaint SOMEWHERE on the internet and that will bring it to light. Good Luck!

I just checked the property tax listings and there is at least one property in Windsor Hills listed with Derek Hong as the owner. Janet is the other name with it, though.

Thanks guys!
Very helpful.
The 2d name on Derek Wong's is fine/they said he and his wife own it. Aleah is his daughter.
I will call the mgmt company and verify info w/ them as well.
Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter