Upscale but not Nouveau Cusine

Lexx1214

Mouseketeer
my DH and I are going Are planning our delayed honeymoon to WDW for our 2nd anniversary (we put things on hold due to a family crisis). It's a second marriage for both of us and our kids are all old enough to stay home. We've read all the articles on disneymooning and the suggestions are usually for signature dinning as a romantic option. When reading menus for the signature dinning I just can't see DH enjoying it. He's a laid back kind of guy and doesn't like nouveau cuisine or fusion cuisine, etc. Any suggestions on an upscale dinner that serves food he would recognize?

my DH and I are going Are planning our delayed honeymoon to WDW for our 2nd anniversary (we put things on hold due to a family crisis). It's a second marriage for both of us and our kids are all old enough to stay home. We've read all the articles on disneymooning and the suggestions are usually for signature dinning as a romantic option. When reading menus for the signature dinning I just can't see DH enjoying it. He's a laid back kind of guy and doesn't like nouveau cuisine or fusion cuisine, etc. Any suggestions on an upscale dinner that serves food he would recognize?
The Yachtsman Steakhouse is a signature at the Yacht Club Resort that has excellent food and service. It's totally recognizable food, but of very high quality. My SO, who is well-traveled but not a Disneyphile, even admitted that his steak there was the best he ever had. The atmosphere is peaceful. I recommend it.

Last edited:
The Yachtsman Steakhouse is a signature at the Yacht Club Ressort that has excellent food and service. It's totally recognizable food, but of very high quality. My SO, who is well-traveled but not a Disneyfile, even admitted that his steak there was the best he ever had. The atmosphere is peaceful. I recommend it.
DH does love steak. I'll definitely check it out. I must have missed this one. All my previous trips have been kidcentric so looking for more adult orientated but still relaxed is a different kind of challenge. Thanks for the suggestion

What food does your DH like?
Steak, ribs, home cooking, Italian, basically said the stuff we can easily get at home (I'm the more adventurous diner). He loves fish and seafood too but I have a severe allergy to both so they aren't an option.

I had a similar problem with our honeymoon a couple months ago. My DH does not like "fancy food" at all. (He will happily eat plain noodles for dinner.) We ended up going to Hoop de Do.

I had a similar problem with our honeymoon a couple months ago. My DH does not like "fancy food" at all. (He will happily eat plain noodles for dinner.) We ended up going to Hoop de Do.
Hoop de Doo might be a good option. Thank you

If your DH is looking for the best Italian on Disney property then I recommend Tutto Italia.

My steak recommendation would be Shula's at Swan & Dolphin.

Narcoossee's seems like an old-fashion, upscale restaurant.

I liked Narcoosee's and Yachtsman's Steakhouse. And something to keep in mind, Disney is reportedly good about leaving off sauces or serving them on the side. My (very good) waitress at YS actually suggested getting the sauce for the filet mignon on the side and had no problem swapping sides for me (I wanted the twice-baked potato that came with a different steak instead of the mashed that came with the filet).

I would happily go back to either. I think Narcoossee's is a bit more relaxed and YS is a bit more quiet/romantic.

I will second the Yachtman's Steakhouse for an upscale dinner you'll both enjoy and the Hoop de Doo for a fun time. Unlimited beer make the corny jokes even funnier.

As for in the parks... Not upscale but the '50s Prime Time Cafe has great classic dishes.

Another vote for Yachtsman. Other votes Narcoosees, Le Cellier, and I have heard Il Mulino (at the Swan) has really good Italian.

I'm also on the Yachtsman bandwagon. Boathouse and Paddlefish in Disney Springs are also good choices.

Just an aside, no matter where you end up, make sure to put your allergy on your reservations! My mother has a severe allergy to seafood as well and there were somethings that we did not expect to unsafe that were. The chefs and wait staff are wonderful about dealing with the allergies! (so long as they know about them)

For me, the best atmosphere with dinner if you want sort of traditional, is Narcoosee's; 2nd choice would be Artists Point (although food not up to the same level at Narcoosee's IMO). Again for sort of traditional at a park, I would have to go with the Hollywood Brown Derby in HS. Have fun trying out some new flavors to enhance your romantic getaway--congratulations on finally getting to the honeymoon!!

Turf Club! It's a 1 TS credit/more affordable option than the signature restaurants. It's a more upscale/non-signature restaurant at the Saratoga Springs hotel. It's a quick walk/boat ride to DS for after dinner drinks!

Raglan Road at Dis Springs is another option. Good steak, lamb, etc plus live bands and Irish dancing. Loud but a different, fun dinner out. Perhaps check out some itune videos and updated menus. If you go, ask to be seated in the main dining room to actually see the entertainment. If it's full, just wait a few minutes for a table to open up. There are usually small tables for 2 near the side bar in the main room.

For italian, Mama Melrose at DHS or Via Napoli at Epcot. I think via Napoli is a pretty restaurant but it is pizza and delicious so would highly recommend. Tutti Italia, also Epcot is good, a more traditional Italian and might suit your needs. Mama Melrose has some great dishes, one your husband may like is the steak...

Coral Reef- they have a few non seafood options and this is actually a more "romantic spot"

Home cooking...hmmm...that is harder...maybe Garden Grill? You have your own spot in the revolving restaurant and the meal is very meat and potatoes

For a great steak- you have to go signature. But I think Disney signature are still accessible- not too frou frou...There is much debate but I love Le Cellier. It is also dark and cozy though the table next to you is probably closer than you would like. Yachtsman steakhouse is a great option and could make a nice break from the parks.

My final date night recommendation- which you may think the hubby would balk it but one night won't kill him and you are more adventurous...Cali Grill for the fireworks. The food is amazing. The view is spectacular. I took picky and cheap eaters there and they still found something they liked. Plus, less kids than you will find elsewhere. There will still be some but it definitely makes for a more adult experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter