Upgrading old non-expiring park hopper question.....

amee

Mouseketeer
We have 3 park hoppers from 2005 that were non expiring......can we put those toward the purchase of Gold AP's.....we are DVC members...? If its possible, how is the valuable determined?

Thank you!

We have 3 park hoppers from 2005 that were non expiring......can we put those toward the purchase of Gold AP's.....we are DVC members...? If its possible, how is the valuable determined?

Are these never-used tickets?

How many "days" are on these tickets?

They were originally 10 day hoppers........that didn't expire. We currently have 3 days on each leftover.

You can use them, as-is.
No upgrades are possible.

They were originally 10 day hoppers........that didn't expire. We currently have 3 days on each leftover.

Well, that simplifies things.

You cannot upgrade a partially-used ticket more than 14 days after its first use.

I have been told twice so far that even totally unused non-expiring tickets can't be upgraded. I want to add the park hopping feature to 4 unused 10 day non-expiring water park and more tickets. Both times the cm said those tickets are no longer in disneys system and must be used "as is".

I have been told twice so far that even totally unused non-expiring tickets can't be upgraded. I want to add the park hopping feature to 4 unused 10 day non-expiring water park and more tickets. Both times the cm said those tickets are no longer in disneys system and must be used "as is".

I'm leaning in that direction, too.

But, it has been posted in the past year, or so, that Hopping was added to new NE tickets.

So... I can't be certain, one way or the other.

Interesting - we were about to ask a similar question about a Very Old ticket purchased 20+ years ago when apparently all tickets were non expiring. Relative says they were purchased soon after the original ABCDF tickets stopped being sold. So this ticket can be used as a one day park hopper, but not upgraded I assume.

I'm leaning in that direction, too.

But, it has been posted in the past year, or so, that Hopping was added to new NE tickets.

So... I can't be certain, one way or the other.

I was able to add PH to a 6 day NE ticket but it was shortly after they stopped selling them. I did this back in 2015.

Interesting - we were about to ask a similar question about a Very Old ticket purchased 20+ years ago when apparently all tickets were non expiring. Relative says they were purchased soon after the original ABCDF tickets stopped being sold. So this ticket can be used as a one day park hopper, but not upgraded I assume.

Correct.

I was able to add PH to a 6 day NE ticket but it was shortly after they stopped selling them. I did this back in 2015.
I think there was a period of time where they did allow changes to them, even though they stopped selling them. Sometime later things changed. Probably related to the old tickets rotating out of their systems

By "non-expiring", does this case refer to the pre-2014 tickets that had the non-expiring option?
(We had, in another thread, worked out a term for pre-2017 tickets that were non-expiring if unused, if only I could remember what we decided to call them.)
It's hard to imagine why the pre-2017 couldn't be upgraded, as they still exist, just with a tiny change in terms, so I'm guessing your tickets are the older ones.

By "non-expiring", does this case refer to the pre-2014 tickets that had the non-expiring option?
(We had, in another thread, worked out a term for pre-2017 tickets that were non-expiring if unused, if only I could remember what we decided to call them.)
It's hard to imagine why the pre-2017 couldn't be upgraded, as they still exist, just with a tiny change in terms, so I'm guessing your tickets are the older ones.
Nevermind, different person. 2 different NE tickets being discussed here

Nevermind, different person. 2 different NE tickets being discussed here
Wow, you were editing at the very moment I was clarifying.
But sad that you didn't trust me to know the issues with partially-used tickets! We're both DISboards old-timers!

Wow, you were editing at the very moment I was clarifying.
But sad that you didn't trust me to know the issues with partially-used tickets! We're both DISboards old-timers!
LOL.. I did trust your answer totally. It's spot on. I thought you had missed a post about usage when it was in fact me that missed a post and that 2 different users asked about NE tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter