Upgrading kid to adult when meal plan is included in trip package?

Goonie78

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We recently booked a package trip online through disney for Jan 5th -14th that includes Quick Service Meals for the family. We booked at single room at a value resort for two adults and one kid under 9. Can we upgrade her to adult and pay for adult park tickets (only $19 more for entire 10-day ticket) so that she can get adult meals? Or is does the package deal calculate her being a kid into the price already? Thanks in advance!

I did this on our last trip... just called back and made up a lame excuse about how I got the paperwork and realized I had given the wrong birth year for our daughter. They changed it and told me the new price of my package - about $20 more. No questions...

Hi,
Thanks for the info! I noticed that you stayed in the same hotel as us (All Star Music) in the same month as us last year--small world! We are staying at the Pop Century this January. Really love going to Disney at this time of year, the crowds are so much smaller than the one year we went in April and the room rates are great!

Best,
Curt

We did, as well, last trip. No problem at all - apparently it is done quite often. Shouldn't be an issue at all.

We are doing this for our SPD trip coming up in January. I just told them my 7 year old wanted to eat adult meals on the trip and they had no problem putting his age down as 10. For the few extra dollars it's costing me I find it really worth it. He is so excited to be eating off the adult menu this next trip.

We are staying for 14 nights in January and booked the SPD discount. When I changed my daughter from 9 to 10 it increased the price by $300+ so I figured it wasn't worth it for us.

Several posts on this thread were deleted, in response to the Restaurant board's policy of deleting conversations regarding violation of Disney's written policies on the dining plans.

I've upgraded my daughter to adult dining before and I told them what I wanted to do when I booked. So they knew she was only 8 or 9 at the time but I asked if I could book her as a 10 year old. It was not a problem. I don't think you have to pretend anything to change it, unless there is a new policy about upgrading kids (?)

I called tonight and changed my 2 kids to disney adults. The CM didn't hesitate to change them...said it happens all the time.

Question: Sometimes my daughter may want to share with me or may opt for a kids meal. Can we pay out of pocket for a kids meal for her? This would allow us to stretch our dining points a little more.

Thanks for any advice/feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!