Upgrading a Child to Adult for QSDP??

cindermomma

DIS Veteran
Can I upgrade my DS9 to adult for DP purposes? :confused3 Anyone ever do this? If so, would I find how much that would be by plugging in 3 adults on the website to get a price? (it is me, DH and DS going). Thanks!!:goodvibes

I have read on dis about people doing that kind of thing. I don't know what the outcome would be for that though.

Yes you would find out the difference by putting it in the website with 3 adult and subtracting the other.

Check out the menu prices though. There is atleast a $20 price difference per day for him + the ticket price difference. Remember that at buffets and many AYCE he will access to the same foods as you anyway. CS restaurants that don't have a kids menu, he can order the same foods as you.

I know many that have talked about changing are eating mostly at non buffet type restaurants with a child who likes 'adult' food. Add to just the ease of not worrying about having to limit his choices may make it worth upgrading him.

I think it can be done as I've heard of people doing this......but just keep in mind that if you upgrade him for the DDP, you also have to pay the adult price for his park tickets. As the pp said, you would just plug in 3 adults when pricing it out to get the total cost :).

I have heard what the PP stated, that you have to upgrade the park ticket too so it might be cheaper to buy then a side of something extra rather than upgrading the plan for them.

Keep in mind that if you're taking advantage of the kids stay and eat free Disney Visa deal then that child will no longer be free. Lots of people do this with the free dining deal because it only costs the difference between and child and adult ticket. Be honest with the CM at CRO because they do allow it and in some cases might even suggest it themselves; it's not breaking any kind of Disney rules.

Can I upgrade my DS9 to adult for DP purposes? :confused3 Anyone ever do this? If so, would I find how much that would be by plugging in 3 adults on the website to get a price? (it is me, DH and DS going). Thanks!!:goodvibes
WE have upgraded DS to a 10 yr old BUT there is no way I would do it unless there was free dining
the cost was $39 for his ticket,
we had booked and got the free quick dining pin so we upped ds to a 10 year old again and upped all of us to reg dining so the cost for the 14 day trip was about $180 to do it this time

Thank you so much for the replies! :goodvibesWe are going on the free dining pin. I think we have decided to just leave it alone. Thanks again!!:wizard:

Yes, we've done this two times for our two DD's, now 12 and 10. Both times were for free dining upgrades, and we just paid the difference between a kids park ticket and the adult park ticket.

This was the subject of a very long, very contentious, and eventually closed thread. Suffice to say it was done with the full knowledge of the Disney CM's who booked us both times, nothing "under the table," and it worked out just fine! For us, it was well worth the upgrades so the kids could order whatever they wanted without being restricted to the kids menus.

What about when you have an AP? We specifically bought the AP when DD was 9 so that she could use the rest of it while 10. She would be 10 on the room ressie. But even for child AP's that aren't near the cutoff age, can the dining plan be upgraded to adult? For DD I told her I would trade her the kids meal if she ever became bored, which she did. She still jokes about grapes, applesauce, carrot sticks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter