Upgraded to Concierge Room 12004 on Dream

We're in 12004 on the Fantasy this coming February! Would love to hear all about your experiences.

kgionet said:
We're in 12004 on the Fantasy this coming February! Would love to hear all about your experiences.

I will try to post pics of the room after we return only exception is we are in this room on the Dream.

FLbadders5 said:
Wondering the same thing... We are leaving in less than two weeks and are in a 4D... when i looked a couple days ago, half of the next level up ( concierge) are still open. :scratchin

Our cruise left on a Sunday and we found out the Thursday before leaving. Since we booked with a travel agent, Disney called her to let her know.

This is the first post I've seen mentioning a lithograph. Do all concierge rooms receive one?Is it of the ship or characters?

Our lithograph (from just a couple weeks ago) was of the ship with an upclose Minnie Mouse sitting on an anchor. It is BEAUTIFUL!! it is also quite large! i was very surprised. we will be having ours framed. Thankfully we drove this year so i didnt have to worry about flying with it. there's no way that is going in a suitcase. The concierge told us that it was made by some famous Disney artist named Ducky .... (i forgot his last name). He made it specifically for concierge guests on DCL. it is a limited edition deal with the info card included. Very very cool!!! I do believe that ALL concierge rooms get one. we were in a normal concierge room (not a 1 bedroom or suite) and we got one. it is a wonderful keepsake from the cruise!

cruised more than 20 times and never given an upgrade. paid once at port for an upgrade after they told me one was available. i didn't ask for one, they offered it to me for $. Congrats to you. Enjoy it!

Our lithograph (from just a couple weeks ago) was of the ship with an upclose Minnie Mouse sitting on an anchor. It is BEAUTIFUL!! it is also quite large! i was very surprised. we will be having ours framed. Thankfully we drove this year so i didnt have to worry about flying with it. there's no way that is going in a suitcase. The concierge told us that it was made by some famous Disney artist named Ducky .... (i forgot his last name). He made it specifically for concierge guests on DCL. it is a limited edition deal with the info card included. Very very cool!!! I do believe that ALL concierge rooms get one. we were in a normal concierge room (not a 1 bedroom or suite) and we got one. it is a wonderful keepsake from the cruise!

The artist you're referring to is Don "Ducky" Williams. He is a legend within Disney. My DH had a temp secretary years ago who was friends with him. He knew of our Disney "obsession" and we have several pieces of his work that she got for us! Some are personalized to me--how special!:cheer2:

There used to be special cruises that he would be on and/or events that he would attend. Not sure as of late what his status is!

Google him and you'll see a lot about him!

Congrats! We too were magically upgraded from a 4C to Concierge V back in August. You will need to purchase the 100 minute internet package for $40 and then the Cruise will refund it before you leave the ship.

Here are some of the other concierge perks we experienced on the Dream:

o has their own check in line and waiting area at Port Canaveral
o Ability to be the first group to board the ship
o rooms ready earlier. Ours was ready at 12:45
o luggage in room earlier. Ours was in the room around 1:15.
o Bathrobes and slippers for the adults
o Arcade Cards for the kids
o Bowl of fruit in our room on first day
o Refrigerator filled with H2O, coke, diet coke and sprite. We could get more up in the Lounge.
o Happy hour before each dinner seating.
o snacks throughout the day
o access to a concierge lounge on deck 12
o access to a private concierge deck on deck 13
o 16x20 lithograph.
o Private meet and greet with a Disney character on the "At Sea" day. This takes place on the concierge deck. The hosts don't know who it will be until the character shows up. Ours was Goofy.
o They have breakfast up in the lounge on disembarkation day till 8:45. We did this instead of showing up at Animator's Palette at 6:45am which was our assigned time.
o once you board you are taken up to the concierge lounge. The hosts present you with your itinerary, review it and are able to help book/change shore excursions. Reps for Palo/Remy, kids club and the Spa are there to assist you with new reservations/changes. This is better than having to go to 3 different areas of the ships.
o access to the cabanas. Even though on-line showed the cabanas were sold out, we were offered a Cabana for both days at Castaway Cay.
o Free 100 minutes of wi-fi (you need to purchase the $40 package and it will be refunded)
o Complimentary iPad rentals

Where you booked directly with Disney or a TA? Just curious.

We booked directly with Disney. and we always book it while on a cruise, taking advantage of the discount and OBC. I'm not sure if there is a "method to their magic" :rotfl: but we sure felt lucky to be "the chosen ones". :banana:

AWESOME!

Did any one who got the upgrade have a specific room number assignment yet or were you GTY?

jjones144 said:
Where you booked directly with Disney or a TA? Just curious.

My friend is a travel agent so I booked it through her. Needless to say she was shocked when she got the call. We were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with our 2 children. I wonder if that is why we were upgraded.

AWESOME!

Did any one who got the upgrade have a specific room number assignment yet or were you GTY?

When we booked on our prior cruise the year before, we picked the exact room that we wanted. I always thought that this would unfortunately prevent a free upgrade, but we didnt want to risk being at the way front or way rear of the boat, so we always choose an exact room midship. Surprisingly they gave us the upgrade anyway. i was quite shocked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter