Upgrade - YEAH - I think

wink13

Just a bit Goofy
We book category 8 on the starboard side of the ship, I checked today and we were upgrade to a category 5 right off the mid-ship elevators. We wanted to upgrade to a verandah at port but wanted starboard side. Now we don't have to pay for the upgrade :cool1: but can anyone tell us what the noise is like right off the elevators.

Just so everyone knows I'm very happy with the upgrade just want information on the noise level near elevators and what you think of the port side.

Thanks

Congrats on the pixie dust! I can't help with the port side question, but we were midship, just a few doors down from the elevators and didn't hear anything.

congrats on the upgrade! I've never noticed much noise outside my cabin. Although that could be because I'm oblivious. (My wife can attest to that)

That is an awesome...congrats and enjoy...we had a room in that location before and had NO issues with noise. I am always amazed at the lack of noise in the cabins!

Just so everyone knows I'm very happy with the upgrade just want information on the noise level near elevators and what you think of the port side.

Thanks

In September we were in 6030, which the door is clearly visible from the forward elevators, and I honestly don't recall ever hearing the elevators or people getting on/off them. Mid-ship will be busier, but don't think it would be bad.

As for port versus starboard, I didn't worry about it, as the ship does not always dock in the same direction. So if you're looking for a great view of Castaway Cay, you're at the mercy of which side they are performing maintenance that day; it's roll of the dice.

I always request port side, just because there is so much to see when docking or leaving port. It's a whole other side to the cruise to watch the tie-lines being put out, and all the attendants scurrying around taking supplies from the ship to Castaway Cay and back on again at the end of the day. Enjoy it!

Thanks everyone for your responses. Sounds like it will be great. This is only our 2nd cruise so trying the other side of the ship will allow us evaluate which we like better. Just over a month til we sail, can't wait. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!