Upgrade @ check-in @ CR Tower 14th floor

twinnybelles

Mouseketeer
I have a standard MK view "requested" with 2 specific rooms, one is handicapped, and yes, I do understand the need to hold these out for handicapped guests.I was wondering if anyone has ever been "upgraded" to a suite on this floor to accomodate the MK view request. It seems there are so few standard rooms available! I am obsessing, because I booked this floor specifically for that great view for my DD's ,and would be sooooooo sad if we couldn't get it.:confused:

1) It doesn't happen very often.
2) It is a very popular view.
3) When booking Club Floor (AND PAYING FOR IT), many ask for that view.
4) So, there is little chance for an upgrade to it.
5) If you want it, you should pay for it now.

I have a standard MK view "requested" with 2 specific rooms, one is handicapped, and yes, I do understand the need to hold these out for handicapped guests.I was wondering if anyone has ever been "upgraded" to a suite on this floor to accomodate the MK view request. It seems there are so few standard rooms available! I am obsessing, because I booked this floor specifically for that great view for my DD's ,and would be sooooooo sad if we couldn't get it.:confused:

I think there are 1 ot 2 HA rooms that have both a roll in shower and a MK view. In Tower Club (12th Floor) in the Contemporary they built an accessible room on the Park-view side right next to the Elevator Lobby about three or 4 years ago.They do not have any on the 14th floor as far as I know.

Does anyone else know if there are any other HA rooms in the tower with a MK view?

I just got back from the 14th floor and I had requested an MK view. I booked my reservation back in July for my March 23 trip. I got a Bay Lake view. I was not upgraded. I didn't think I would be the suites are quite expensive per night versus a standard 14th floor room. The Bay Lake view was beautiful. We had hawks flying by the window, could see Spaceship Earth and the pools. One of the shows goes directly in front of the Contemporary. You can always watch the fireworks from the lounge. I thought I would be dissapointed in not getting an MK view, but I was not. Along with the MK view, you get the parking lot. Even though it is high up, it is still there. The Bay Lake view is peaceful and beautiful. With that said there are only 5 standard rooms on that floor, I think 3 are MK view, and 2 are Bay Lake. So you still may have a good chance in getting one. Good luck. I hope to be posting pictures soon.

The 14th floor does have a HA room. We had the baylake view and our relatives had the MK view in that handicapped room.

The 14th floor does have a HA room. We had the baylake view and our relatives had the MK view in that handicapped room.

THanks for the info.
Did the HA room have a roll in shower or the tub with handrails?

You might actually have better luck downgrading to the 10th floor Atrium Club and asking for MK views. There are many more "standard" club level rooms on this floor. Unless you really want the exclusivity of the 14th floor, the 10th offers the same amenities. Worst case, the brand new lounge on the 10th floor has balconies that overlook the MK (as does the 14th floor).

I'm sort of surprised that they couldn't give you your room numbers. In the past, because there are so few rooms up there, they've always blocked them when they were booked. Maybe if you drop the IPO staff an e-mail, they can let you know if the room numbers are already in the system.

This may sound rude but it is not meant to be, but you have no chance of getting upgraded to a suite room on the Tower Club floor from a regular room on the standard floors. The reason I say that is because upgrades at the Contemporary work like this. Garden rooms to Tower rooms, Tower rooms to the Atrium Club and Atrium Club to the Tower Club. That is how it was explained to my family and I back in May 2000 when we were upgraded to a standard room on the Tower Club floor when we were checking in for our room on the Atrium Club.

Also Tammi your forgetting the Atrium Club is back on the 12th floor and was on the 10th floor when it was being renovated.

This may sound rude but it is not meant to be, but you have no chance of getting upgraded to a suite room on the Tower Club floor from a regular room on the standard floors.
The OP is not asking about an upgrade from a standard floor to the 14th. As we know, she could book an MK guaranteed view on the non-club level floors. She has 2 rooms already booked on the 14th floor (view is only a request, just like the 12th). Her question was whether or not anyone had been upgraded from a standard 14th floor room to a suite to fulfill the view request. I imagine in her scenario, it's not out of the question. If they have a suite open that would accommodate everyone, they could move them all and gain back those 2 standard 14th floor rooms. I imagine it's easier to sell those than a 2 bedroom suite. Sort of good business sense if the suite were going to sit empty anyway.

Also Tammi your forgetting the Atrium Club is back on the 12th floor and was on the 10th floor when it was being renovated.
Thanks for the correction, I had a senior moment there ;) .

The OP is not asking about an upgrade from a standard floor to the 14th. As we know, she could book an MK guaranteed view on the non-club level floors. She has 2 rooms already booked on the 14th floor (view is only a request, just like the 12th). Her question was whether or not anyone had been upgraded from a standard 14th floor room to a suite to fulfill the view request. I imagine in her scenario, it's not out of the question. If they have a suite open that would accommodate everyone, they could move them all and gain back those 2 standard 14th floor rooms. I imagine it's easier to sell those than a 2 bedroom suite. Sort of good business sense if the suite were going to sit empty anyway.
To the OP I am sorry for miss reading your post. I guess what confused me is when you said you had standard rooms booked. I assumed they were for a regular floor and not the Tower Club. I should have known better when you said the words "requested a MK view" and when Tammi said downgrading to the Atrium Club. So just like Tammi I also had a senior moment there which should not happen yet because I am only 21 and turning 22 on Saturday. ;)

Thanks all for the responses, and sorry for the confusion in how I wrote the post. I have 1 CR 14th standard booked, the only other standard I see from a floor plan someone posted in an earlier post, was a handicapped room, which I assume, they hold until the last minute, to see if it is needed. So, in a scenario where the 2 standard MK views are already assigned when I check in, which should be around 12 noon, do I have a chance at the upgrade to a MK view suite, if I ask nicely, ( or beg if need be).
CRResort fan 4 - Happy Birthday !:bday:

Are you sure Disney has to hold back a HA room? Aren't there only something like 5 standard rooms on the 14th floor? I'd think once those rooms were booked, by guests that didn't request a HA room, there wouldn't be any reason to hold back a HA room.

Thanks all for the responses, and sorry for the confusion in how I wrote the post. I have 1 CR 14th standard booked, the only other standard I see from a floor plan someone posted in an earlier post, was a handicapped room, which I assume, they hold until the last minute, to see if it is needed. So, in a scenario where the 2 standard MK views are already assigned when I check in, which should be around 12 noon, do I have a chance at the upgrade to a MK view suite, if I ask nicely, ( or beg if need be).
CRResort fan 4 - Happy Birthday !:bday:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter