Updating DME info online after flight # change

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by CounselorX, Jun 19, 2017.

1. CounselorX

CounselorX DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

American Airlines changed my flight numbers. In the past, I would call DME when this happens and update it over the phone, which yields no email confirmation or anything to let me know that it was updated.

Does anyone know if I can use this link to update my reservation, or is this only intended for new reservations? The question at the bottom which reads, "Have you previously provided Disney's Magical Express with flight information for this trip?" leads me to believe you can update an existing reservation, but I'm just curious if anyone has used this form for that purpose.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

2. cedricandsophie

cedricandsophie DIS Veteran

I don't know but not sure it matters. Disney looks for ME tags to transfer luggage. I'm sure they look at all baggage coming thru so the actual flight number doesn't matter.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Jimsig

Jimsig DIS Veteran

But it could make a difference when leaving. With new flight numbers it could mess up DME leaving times or they might not find anything in the system for them flight wise.

That said I always reconfirm with DME a few days before our trip by phone.

Shanti likes this.
  5. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

Yes, for the departure flight, you want to make sure they have the correct flight, as you have a scheduled ME pick-up time from your resort to go back to the airport.

If the link lets you change the ME info, use it. If not, call Magical Express (not the general Disney phone, but Magical Express, specifically).

Jimsig likes this.
  6. Jimsig

Jimsig DIS Veteran

I would also think that DME would know about any changes to flight numbers as they are linked to the airlines and that's how they get your boarding passes BUT I wouldn't want to take the chance.

7. CounselorX

CounselorX DIS Veteran

I'm not concerned with the luggage transfer as we never use that. Having on-time transportation when going back to the airport is my main priority.

I have read that DME links to flight numbers, so if your times change but you keep the same flight numbers then you're fine, but if your flight numbers change then you do need to let them know. They would have no way of knowing if your flight number changes since they don't know what your record locator number is.

If anyone has used the link to *update* their DME info then I'd still like to know :). If not, I'll probably be the guinea pig and still call to confirm that my info was updated.