• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Updated 8/9/09** 2010 Dining Plans discussion, wishes, questions, rants and vents

Tricia1972

<font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon
Now that the 2010 Dining Plans have been officially announced by Disney, this thread will contain all discussions on the 2010 plans.

Please keep all questions, comments rants vents tantrums woohoos and anything else you can think of on this thread.

Here is a link to the DIS 2010 Dining Plan Information
Thanks!:thumbsup2

**UPDATED** WMLeah has confimed that both sites are now in sync and appys are still on the dxdp :cheer2:

Any word yet on whether appetizers will still be included on the deluxe plan next year?

No word yet. Webmaster Leah, who has been working with the moderators on getting this information for everyone, has contacted an official at Disney in hopes of getting this cleared up sooner rather than later.

FWIW, which isn't much, the dining line CMs don't seem to have a clue. I just called this morning to make sure all my ADRs for Sept successfully cancelled because a couple still pulled up online even after I'd cancelled them, and I chatted for a minute with the CM about the 2010 plans. She had no idea about any changes other than the seasonal price on the basic plan, took a minute to look it up (on the same release the TAs got, maybe?) and came back with the answer that it sounded like "maybe" the appetizers were dropped and the price cut by $2, then asked for clarification from her supervisor who responded that she hadn't heard of any changes to the deluxe plan. Clear as mud, in classic Disney fashion. :headache:

Hopefully Webmaster Leah will be able to get a real answer from someone who knows what they're talking about!

All i want is to have the appetizers back on the DXDDP. Im not ranting yet but if its official that theyre gone, look out:mad:

Tossing a log onto the fire - Several people on the resorts board and on another Disney community I'm part of are reporting that the computer downtime today is to add the 2010 packages into the system... I thought they were already there, since they were available for booking, but maybe when it comes back up the pricing will match the TA announcement?

Can anyone tell me what the 2010 prices are for QSDP vs DDP PER DAY? I'm trying to decide which plan I will go with for my April 2010 trip or if I'll even go with a dining plan at all. Stupid price increases :mad:

Can anyone tell me what the 2010 prices are for QSDP vs DDP PER DAY? I'm trying to decide which plan I will go with for my April 2010 trip or if I'll even go with a dining plan at all. Stupid price increases :mad:

31.99 Per night for Adult
9.99 per night for child

Is that price for QSDP?

Does anyone know the price for the DDP? and is the price more if you go during peak season?

D'oh! Read too fast.

Yes it's the price for the QSDP.

The DDP will vary upon when you are going....

It's up to $46.99 (tentatively) for the peak season.

Is that price for QSDP?

Does anyone know the price for the DDP? and is the price more if you go during peak season?

Yes, 31.99 per adult and 9.99 per child is for QSDP.

The regular DDP is $41.99 per adult and $11.99 per child during non-peak time and $46.99 per adult and $12.99 per child during peak time.

What I'd like to know is- since when is February peak time??

I know that up here in the Northeast the schools are closed during President's week (the week that President's Day falls each February). I believe that is when it is considered peak time in February at WDW, just around that week.

Wow! I had not seen this price increase for the year of 2010!!!
This sucks as I am a teacher and I will only be able to go to the World during peak season. Disney gets pricier and pricier each year. From ticket prices to the DDP.
I'm not complaining, I'm just in awe of how (excuse my french) ballsy they are. I guess as long as people continue going and paying the prices, then they will continue to raise prices.

Yes, 31.99 per adult and 9.99 per child is for QSDP.

The regular DDP is $41.99 per adult and $11.99 per child during non-peak time and $46.99 per adult and $12.99 per child during peak time.

I thought it was $13.99/child during peak season? Just wanted to clarify this.

Thanks, Tiger :)

I know that up here in the Northeast the schools are closed during President's week (the week that President's Day falls each February). I believe that is when it is considered peak time in February at WDW, just around that week.

From shortly before Presidents Day all the way through the rest of Feb, all of March, and the first half of April until a week after Easter are "peak season" for both room rates and dining.

As Pumbaa said regarding misinformation, early on, the same thing applies to concerns about whether the prices have gone too high, or the offerings been cut-back too much: We go through this every year, yet here we are again, with so many people still interested in the Dining Plan. Disney is really good about crafting its offerings so that they get the absolute greatest amount of revenue from guests, year-after-year. While no one is perfect, Disney is about the best in the business for riding that fine line between missing revenue opportunities and outpricing the market. They're so reliably expert in this that we can be confident in conclusions we derive about the nature of the marketplace, itself, even if those conclusions are based only on how Disney has decided to craft its offerings (sort-of reverse-engineering their offerings to determine what their superlatively professional market research indicated).

Now, that doesn't mean that the Dining Plan is a good deal, for every single guest. We're not doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter