Updated with Trip Report Link! - A Trip of Firsts! - A September 2018 Pre Trip Report

Guys, DOUBLE DIGITS! 97 days!!!!!!

giphy.gif

In my efforts to avoid changing ADRs and since my fastpasses are all planned out but I can't book them yet (#ihatewaiting), I've been focusing on autograph ideas! This all came about 'cause we're doing the Bon Voyage character breakfast with Ariel/Prince Eric and Rapunzel/Flynn, and I'm SUPER awkward with characters, so I wanted to think of some questions or something to ask to stop the awkwardness. But then I saw this adorable idea (I think on the DisneyWorld subreddit? or maybe it was here? I can't remember!) to bring a mini-cast iron skillet and have Rapunzel/Flynn sign it. When I mentioned it to Trevor, just to kind of see what he thought, he loved it! And since we're staying at the Boardwalk and this is our first ADR of the day, it's perfect! So I am the proud new owner of a silver sharpie and a small cast iron skillet. Can't wait!

giphy.gif

But then I needed something for Ariel and Prince Eric to sign...and I descended into the Etsy rabbit hole...yet again. I found these gorgeous prints where it's the sheet music of a song from the movie and then a picture of the characters on top of the sheet music. So I ended up buying a bunch for all the characters we're gonna meet this trip (Ariel and Eric, the Beast, Tarzan and Jane, Winnie the Pooh gang, and then two extra 'cause I couldn't resist... :D)

IMG_4564.JPG

So pretty :) The only characters I don't have one for are Scrooge and Launchpad, so I'm gonna try and do a custom order with the Ducktales theme song. Hopefully having something for them to sign will take some of the awkwardness away. And even if not, at least I'll have these pretties to hang on my wall afterwards.

In other news, the last button I ordered came. My husband has laid claim to it...apparently he's planning to eat ALL the things too :)
IMG_4565a.jpg

I also managed to complete my Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom set--including all the cards you have to get from the booster packs and all of the party cards! Huzzah for ebay--some of those early party cards are ridiculous to find. But I finally got them. Can't wait to play it again in the Magic Kingdom!
giphy.gif

And now, back to waiting...waiting for news on the Food and Wine Festival, on the new Toy Story Land, on the new prix fixe menu at Be Our Guest....at least fastpass day is coming up soon! :)
megbored.gif

Your autograph ideas are very cool! I'm not into the character meeting, but when our granddaughter is with, we do the ones she likes. She is especially fond of Pooh and co.
Yes the countdown is both annoying and exciting. I want to be there NOW! But I know its over before you know it, so I do my best to enjoy the planning and dreaming. Our magic begins in 119 days!
Now that FP+ and EMH and both available to Disney Springs hotel guests, I have been looking into giving one of the a try. We would save about a thousand $$ from what we are paying at a moderate. And I didn't know that DS hotels have dedicated busses that run on the half hour. I thought each hotel had its own busses, which would make it a lot less dependable.
Ohhhh decisions decisions!

Those are some great autograph ideas!! We didn't do autographs and focused more on getting fun/clever pictures. We brought a small erasable white board and markers along with us and alternated our own messages (to family if it was their favourite character) or even let the characters themselves write messages which we held up in the photo! ( this worked really well for young nieces and nephews back home). We got some great interactions, as we did this even at Character Meals. At Cape May, Donald "stole" our board and kept writing that he needed a holiday on it and showing it to all the waiters and cook staff, it was hilarious!

I’m also waiting for TSL and BOG!!
Right? Disney announces these things and doesn't tell us ANY relevant information...so irritating! :)

Your autograph ideas are very cool! I'm not into the character meeting, but when our granddaughter is with, we do the ones she likes. She is especially fond of Pooh and co.
Yes the countdown is both annoying and exciting. I want to be there NOW! But I know its over before you know it, so I do my best to enjoy the planning and dreaming. Our magic begins in 119 days!
Now that FP+ and EMH and both available to Disney Springs hotel guests, I have been looking into giving one of the a try. We would save about a thousand $$ from what we are paying at a moderate. And I didn't know that DS hotels have dedicated busses that run on the half hour. I thought each hotel had its own busses, which would make it a lot less dependable.
Ohhhh decisions decisions!

Thanks! Yea, I'm trying to make the meet n greets less awkward, cause I really want to meet Tarzan and Jane and the others, so hopefully this will help.

Oooh, getting close! That's a good reminder--you're right, it'll be over before I know it. Good to slow down and enjoy the planning :)

Big decision! I didn't know that about the DS hotels having the dedicated buses. Might be worth it, especially now that the only perk they don't get is what, the Magic Bands and the Magical Express? Good luck making the decision!

Those are some great autograph ideas!! We didn't do autographs and focused more on getting fun/clever pictures. We brought a small erasable white board and markers along with us and alternated our own messages (to family if it was their favourite character) or even let the characters themselves write messages which we held up in the photo! ( this worked really well for young nieces and nephews back home). We got some great interactions, as we did this even at Character Meals. At Cape May, Donald "stole" our board and kept writing that he needed a holiday on it and showing it to all the waiters and cook staff, it was hilarious!

Oooh, that's a good idea too! You must have got some great pictures. Donald stealing your board sounds hilarious--I saw a picture the other day of Donald photobombing a family's photo in front of the Dino-badge sign...I think Donald is a bit mischievious! :)

And finally, to finish up this long meandering update of a post, guess who just hit 50 pounds lost--
latest

Still a ways to go, but I kept losing weight even over Thanksgiving and Christmas! Totally gonna eat a crap-ton at Disney, but yay!

Anyways, sorry for the long-winded post. I'm just getting all excited about Disney this year! :)

From August 2016-June 2017 I lost 50 pounds. One of the hardest and best things I've ever done. Congratulations to you! I will say, I did notice how much more comfortable riding rides was. You'll really notice it. I'm excited to follow your trip!

From August 2016-June 2017 I lost 50 pounds. One of the hardest and best things I've ever done. Congratulations to you! I will say, I did notice how much more comfortable riding rides was. You'll really notice it. I'm excited to follow your trip!

Thank you! I'm down 80 pounds at the moment, but I think I've finally plateaued...just gotta work through it, I guess. Congrats to you!!! It is indeed hard, but like you said, also worth it. :) Can't wait to ride the rides without that mental stress and worry of "will I fit"--it's nice to hear from someone who did the same that you noticed a big difference!

Thank you! I'm down 80 pounds at the moment, but I think I've finally plateaued...just gotta work through it, I guess. Congrats to you!!! It is indeed hard, but like you said, also worth it. :) Can't wait to ride the rides without that mental stress and worry of "will I fit"--it's nice to hear from someone who did the same that you noticed a big difference!
That is amazing!!!! Good job!

Holy Smokes, girl! What an amazingly wonderful accomplishment! I can't imagine you have much more to lose. Lookin' good!!! :)

Just popping into say, you look AMAZING in that Mary Poppins dress! 80lbs lost is seriously impressive!! All your plans sound great too!

Fastpass Day on Monday!
Oh gosh, I can't believe it's almost here! I'm a bit anxious to see what the availability is like, but with our trip starting on a Friday, and the seemingly lower crowds than normal, I'm hopeful. :) Final fastpass plan is below!

Friday, Sept 14th - Epcot
  • Spaceship Earth - 4 pm
  • Soarin - 5 pm
  • Living with the Land - 6 pm
Saturday, Sept 15th - Animal Kingdom
  • Dinosaur - 9 am
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris - 10 am
  • Flight of Passage - 11 am
Sunday, Sept 16th - Magic Kingdom
  • Jungle Cruise - 10 am
  • Pirates - 11 am
  • Splash Mountain - 12 noon
Monday, Sept 17th - Hollywood Studios
  • Slinky Dog Dash - 9 am
  • Rock n Roller Coaster / Tower of Terror - 10 am
  • Star Tours - 11 am
Tuesday, Sept 18th - Magic Kingdom
  • Tomorrowland Speedway - 10 am
  • Buzz Lightyear - 11 am
  • Haunted Mansion - 12:30 pm
Wednesday, Sept 19th - Hollywood Studios
  • Alien Swirling Saucers - 1:30 pm
  • Star Tours - 2:30 pm
  • Rock n Roller Coaster / Tower of Terror - 3:30 pm
Thursday, Sept 20th - Magic Kingdom
  • Jungle Cruise - 12 noon
  • Splash Mountain - 1 pm
  • Big Thunder Mountain - 2 pm
Friday, Sept 21st - Epcot
  • Frozen Ever After - 10:00 am
  • Mission Space - 11:00 am
  • Spaceship Earth - 12:00 pm
Saturday, Sept 22nd - Hollywood Studios
  • Rock n Roller Coaster / Tower of Terror - 9 am
  • Slinky Dog Dash - 10 am
  • Star Tours - 11 am
Interesting notes about our fastpasses:
  • No 7DMT, because we have EMM book on the 18th, and DAH on the 20th, so I figure we'll ride it then.
  • 3 FPs for Star Tours, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror. That's what comes from trying to get all the TSL fastpasses! There aren't really any other rides we wanna FP in HS, and my husband LOVES Star Tours and won't ride Rock n Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror, so I swipe his band to ride both RnRC and ToT.
  • No Toy Story Mania, Test Track, or Navi River Journey fastpasses--I'm hoping I can pick those up day of, and based on my stalking of the app, it looks like those should be fairly easy to get day of. Here's hoping!
Luckily I have the day off on Monday, so I'll be on right at 7am, hoping I'm able to get everything. Wish me luck!

In other news, Toy Story Land AP preview dates were announced. It's early in the morning, Tuesdays through Saturdays, all through September. Made me really happy that I've planned out HS morning for Monday...that way it hopefully won't be crowded with AP holders by the time we get into the park! We're planning on getting breakfast at Woody's lunchbox (assuming they're still serving breakfast by then). :)

I also got my husband's vest for the Bert Jolly Holiday costume/Disneybound we're doing for MNSSHP. I'm so excited--we're all ready to go!

IMG_4728.JPG IMG_4731.JPG IMG_4733.JPG

Fastpass Day on Monday!
Oh gosh, I can't believe it's almost here! I'm a bit anxious to see what the availability is like, but with our trip starting on a Friday, and the seemingly lower crowds than normal, I'm hopeful. :) Final fastpass plan is below!

Friday, Sept 14th - Epcot
  • Spaceship Earth - 4 pm
  • Soarin - 5 pm
  • Living with the Land - 6 pm
Saturday, Sept 15th - Animal Kingdom
  • Dinosaur - 9 am
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris - 10 am
  • Flight of Passage - 11 am
Sunday, Sept 16th - Magic Kingdom
  • Jungle Cruise - 10 am
  • Pirates - 11 am
  • Splash Mountain - 12 noon
Monday, Sept 17th - Hollywood Studios
  • Slinky Dog Dash - 9 am
  • Rock n Roller Coaster / Tower of Terror - 10 am
  • Star Tours - 11 am
Tuesday, Sept 18th - Magic Kingdom
  • Tomorrowland Speedway - 10 am
  • Buzz Lightyear - 11 am
  • Haunted Mansion - 12:30 pm
Wednesday, Sept 19th - Hollywood Studios
  • Alien Swirling Saucers - 1:30 pm
  • Star Tours - 2:30 pm
  • Rock n Roller Coaster / Tower of Terror - 3:30 pm
Thursday, Sept 20th - Magic Kingdom
  • Jungle Cruise - 12 noon
  • Splash Mountain - 1 pm
  • Big Thunder Mountain - 2 pm
Friday, Sept 21st - Epcot
  • Frozen Ever After - 10:00 am
  • Mission Space - 11:00 am
  • Spaceship Earth - 12:00 pm
Saturday, Sept 22nd - Hollywood Studios
  • Rock n Roller Coaster / Tower of Terror - 9 am
  • Slinky Dog Dash - 10 am
  • Star Tours - 11 am
Interesting notes about our fastpasses:
  • No 7DMT, because we have EMM book on the 18th, and DAH on the 20th, so I figure we'll ride it then.
  • 3 FPs for Star Tours, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror. That's what comes from trying to get all the TSL fastpasses! There aren't really any other rides we wanna FP in HS, and my husband LOVES Star Tours and won't ride Rock n Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror, so I swipe his band to ride both RnRC and ToT.
  • No Toy Story Mania, Test Track, or Navi River Journey fastpasses--I'm hoping I can pick those up day of, and based on my stalking of the app, it looks like those should be fairly easy to get day of. Here's hoping!
Luckily I have the day off on Monday, so I'll be on right at 7am, hoping I'm able to get everything. Wish me luck!

In other news, Toy Story Land AP preview dates were announced. It's early in the morning, Tuesdays through Saturdays, all through September. Made me really happy that I've planned out HS morning for Monday...that way it hopefully won't be crowded with AP holders by the time we get into the park! We're planning on getting breakfast at Woody's lunchbox (assuming they're still serving breakfast by then). :)

I also got my husband's vest for the Bert Jolly Holiday costume/Disneybound we're doing for MNSSHP. I'm so excited--we're all ready to go!

View attachment 336885 View attachment 336886 View attachment 336887

You both look super cute in your costumes! And your FP choices sound great. I didn't realize that about the AP event days...I need to look into it now for our plans. It never ends, does it?! LOL

You both look super cute in your costumes! And your FP choices sound great. I didn't realize that about the AP event days...I need to look into it now for our plans. It never ends, does it?! LOL

Thanks! And yes, definitely check out the AP event days. APs are from 7 to 9am, Tuesdays through Saturdays, starting on Sept 4th, I think? Maybe? There's a whole thread on it, or the official Toy Story Land thread has info about it too. Shouldn't be bad, but if you're rope-dropping TSL on one of those days, you may want to rethink it...

It never ever ever ends...I'm just over here counting down for the release of booth menus for Food and Wine, and reviews of the new menu at Be Our Guest.... :)

SUCCESS! Fastpasses are all Booked!
And I got practically everything I wanted at the times I wanted! Oh gosh, I can't even believe it. We got so lucky! Some of the times are a little off from my original plan (had to push Slinky back half an hour--I couldn't believe there was morning availability! Someone else must have been messing with their passes), but essentially everything I planned I got. AAH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Sept 14.jpg Sept 15.jpg Sept 16.jpg Sept 17.jpg Sept 18.png Sept 19.png Sept 20.png Sept 21.png Sept 22.png

So....nothing left to do now but wait! Though Disney just announced a new lenticular photo at Tower of Terror and I *so* want to do it. Definitely adding this to our souvenir list! You're standing in front of the elevator at Tower of Terror, and then you disappear in a haze of the purple lightning...it look so cool.

But honestly mostly just over here pinching myself. Can't believe fastpasses are all set and we got so lucky. :)

Awesome for you guys on your fast passes! We got everything we wanted, too. I can’t believe we got Slinky for Monday 9/17 for eight of us. I was sure that wasn’t going to happen! It’s about 2 hrs past what I hoped for, but I’ll take it!

Your costumes are looking good, guess I need to get started with that-might end up just do what I did last MNSSHP..at least it’s done!

Working on souvenir list as well!

Awesome for you guys on your fast passes! We got everything we wanted, too. I can’t believe we got Slinky for Monday 9/17 for eight of us. I was sure that wasn’t going to happen! It’s about 2 hrs past what I hoped for, but I’ll take it!

Your costumes are looking good, guess I need to get started with that-might end up just do what I did last MNSSHP..at least it’s done!

Working on souvenir list as well!

Yay! Glad you got everything you wanted too--that's kind of amazing with a group of 8 on SDD! :) I'm so happy for you!

yea, now it's just all the little planning stuff...costumes, souvenirs...anything to pass the time! :)

Your fastpass picks look great! Wonderful that you got everything you wanted!
You'll be heading for the WDW before you know it. I hope you do another TR when you get back.
I enjoy reading your posts. :daisy:

I am trying to finalize our park days for our trip in Oct. So then I'll know which parks to make FPs for and for which days.
I might switch around a couple ADRs... still working it all out.

You guys will look so cute in your costumes! can't wait to see pics of you at the party.

Oh, and we did switch from POFQ to the B Resort at Disney Springs. Just couldn't pass it up with the mousesaver discount. For one week we will pay just under $900!!! FQ was $2300! Our second week we will be at Coronado Springs with our daughter and SIL with a military package, so we will end our trip at an on property resort.

With all the money we're saving, we will take uber/lyft/minnie vans if the bus system doesn't work well for us, but reading here, most people say its fine. We will still be money ahead.

Last edited:
Just read all your updates!
Love your MNSSHP costumes!
And great job getting all those fastpasses! Looks like you pretty much got the perfect options. Lucky duck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter