COMPLETED! Tipsy Ducks in Love: A Honeymoon Trip Report/First Time Trip - January 2019 - Completed 7/3!

Partially caught up (through your MK day) but so much to comment on that I figured I’d stop now and come back later to finish up. So interesting you started at Dinoland. I will have to confess that I’m amongst those who probably haven’t given it it’s due. I’ve heard people mention the backstory but haven’t investigated it... will aim to do so before next visit. AK overall is such a great park and I love talking to the various animal experts along the trails. I am a French fry addict so you better believe I am putting those with the sriracha ketchup on my list. The look messy but delicious!!

Tiffins is great - as is the attached Nomad Lounge. So glad you enjoyed your meal there. And how fun to extend the night with a trip to the Boardwalk. You definitely did your homework... I’m not sure a lot of first-timers know it exists unless staying there. Glad things “warmed up” in Abracadabar... I am cringing thinking of that local trying to hit on the girl.

You timed a resort morning well to coincide with rain. I have somehow not made it to Sanaa yet and I’m putting it on top of the priority list. Especially bread service.

Really interesting compares and contrasts with Disneyland. I’ve only visited DL once, spur of the moment at the end of a business trip, and didn’t really research. So I’m hoping for a re-do in the future... hopefully with a trip to Aulani.

Skipper’s Canteen sounds great (another spot I haven’t been to) and how nice were those cast members. A monorail crawl can be great fun so definitely tuck away their instructions for next time. So glad you liked Trader Sams. I agree the process of admitting without a guaranteed seat/seats together is a little odd. I’m hoping to visit on my next trip... I want the Nautilus “mug”

Will be back to catch up on the rest. I’m really enjoying your report and first-timer perspective. :goodvibes

Jambo! I just found this trip report but I am just enamored with it! You guys make an adorable couple, your writing is interesting, and your photos are thorough without being obnoxious. Excellent so far!
Where did you get your custom buttons from? Super cute!

Thank you so much for the sweet words and for following along. A lot of our research prior to the trip was done through lurking here on Disboards so it felt right to give back to the community. This trip report was something of a writing project for me too. I don't often write expositorily, so I thought it would be a fun challenge. I wanted to make sure that the post had a little flavor to it, so I didn't hold back on some (I think it's funny) commentary!

Partially caught up (through your MK day) but so much to comment on that I figured I’d stop now and come back later to finish up. So interesting you started at Dinoland. I will have to confess that I’m amongst those who probably haven’t given it it’s due. I’ve heard people mention the backstory but haven’t investigated it... will aim to do so before next visit. AK overall is such a great park and I love talking to the various animal experts along the trails. I am a French fry addict so you better believe I am putting those with the sriracha ketchup on my list. The look messy but delicious!!

Tiffins is great - as is the attached Nomad Lounge. So glad you enjoyed your meal there. And how fun to extend the night with a trip to the Boardwalk. You definitely did your homework... I’m not sure a lot of first-timers know it exists unless staying there. Glad things “warmed up” in Abracadabar... I am cringing thinking of that local trying to hit on the girl.

You timed a resort morning well to coincide with rain. I have somehow not made it to Sanaa yet and I’m putting it on top of the priority list. Especially bread service.

Really interesting compares and contrasts with Disneyland. I’ve only visited DL once, spur of the moment at the end of a business trip, and didn’t really research. So I’m hoping for a re-do in the future... hopefully with a trip to Aulani.

Skipper’s Canteen sounds great (another spot I haven’t been to) and how nice were those cast members. A monorail crawl can be great fun so definitely tuck away their instructions for next time. So glad you liked Trader Sams. I agree the process of admitting without a guaranteed seat/seats together is a little odd. I’m hoping to visit on my next trip... I want the Nautilus “mug”

Will be back to catch up on the rest. I’m really enjoying your report and first-timer perspective. :goodvibes

Thanks for following along! There is plenty more for us to post, so you'll have time to catch up. Yes, the Mr. Kamal fries should go to the top of your list! They were only $5 too!

Yeah, there has been talk of doing a proper monorail crawl on a return trip. We tried Drinking Around the World later on this trip (still to come!) and found it so fun, but a little long, so a three stop crawl seems like a great plan!

Hope you get to Aulani one day! From the pictures I've seen, it looks phenomenal!

Day 6 continued. We left off with Tory and I making a mimosa fueled decision to brave a winter storm for some time in Animal Kingdom

We knew we had come to WDW at a traditionally slow time, but this was another level of empty. Walkways were devoid of people, you could clearly hear the background music. It was unreal. The rain fit in with the jungle theme quite well, and it actually made the park more beautiful. We headed straight over to Pandora to find a posted standby wait time for FOP of 45 minutes. At 2 PM. On a Sunday. After taking in how surreal this was, we hopped in line. From getting in line to getting off the ride, the whole process was just under an hour, and the standby line flew by because of how amazingly it was themed. The black lit forest room was otherworldly. The lab was accurately portrayed, and we had a fun time reading textbook names and pointing out equipment that we recognized from our labs. (Yes, we really are science nerds!). And, obviously, the ride was amazing yet again. Just so much detail that you keep discovering with each new time on. It’s the best theme park ride we have ever been on, and neither of us had seen the entirety of Avatar.

dWPKzaB7_i4WhZJcEdolYVP5CVzmy_62etfZHxePH4aNpNYwBZhDBf5dGQvLnvbhdiC51KNZNB9kV52E6FFhnGx-1Lljkg5TK17Z_Nm3sK4IfRI96U-SB2sDOxkE178nozIShaXR
ST-MCZx9220bhXlX7Lt13A44l_iLOTJbzS-OUhP6Qgo0UdBYsUF_8IaCzWQwoEJcB5rKw9eWmHI6_G3GZkAf21Jrtzwg8Dp8GAt9-4v7Jh46Odj4K9C2Iq0HTVNDppm5NCJY2eGL
myptyE_oVkhDI5prCCvlC7hjFcUY0JCu-haAW99-W5ysC9zxBzV_pzRUcwkydt3jqHOVq8qccYbF-YQtA0KmPwtI66N2lVHvLXlp2yyO3OQ7zjGPX1R9Vi85PAn7FqxOHI_xO1zY
F2mLGE1Guc3NwpTe8JW8k3ApFe56YAOxh1cVOoZbzRAhsNFfru2POSm0AfnC-MUA1mexnisFP8ray6Z8eWqFe3BvyZ7rFE_MUgw104_btN5TRPIanh1Rlp0WCZB_SXDO3gA5XSd7
lVzHQPrJ0SquzOEMXnao-FLqKgnAkU6jxtqoi-7WOyUBPhGypRGREit62WerSxwepiLNv0q4z0rbg9iCLpXpLhVNOrVVECygSG1AfM63nU8DHmJz5TQLiXohkq_dL5XD3LKJyPo9
kH7Ik9U0oF2aUClxrKrxt0VlLqAOp6H0WZEv7Is0w7On5pEnboBut5p9O9koTos0rpJQAN5AwOkajBmZlB8ILJvQj4JPBq7HBQRcmdt1sv3CqGJGpf_R-C_yWbBUBFqSu93vHePE
y7r4J5viKnWUWEToQ2l4k3GMSuTwwP6O9FePEK9iEjjZwkraFXfTQVCPnY8U0bw3bW3D1Xx5PXaekjPalAof5j4eKg_uPJE-cnBjy93VuinKJWck_l2Wn6RkUtQGotsbZmXGdXZ6
nnobcjOx0HLNMK6KY7KUGJnjnn_cmDUHJofjxzxitd4Xur5P5t_5Z2p0jUILhUi82_pe-twCR23zk1nQ1g3l7saRrWVEoHFDYp59DTYq0h1MHuBOKyLoOpS2f8YJtrKCAYuaJxx9
HYL1Usqlgrh4r_ZGtqNTa9ETMt7DULA0bUUEos4k7o-iZtOsuwgNzmqS_U6mkxTq33PwqwjuLWbvt7Le6wNeG-_z3Q8Hq1_NLcmjmAyi_d-C3a-zAxtL0cIYYEa25UAwIHFy40BH
0cmVqbz9fa_LotsgDKGoUbk7q2g9uon0W1k4Z8UVqxYXLm09J_UdufwwTw78qC2WFHy_a9RCg3HU6OLfHjAr-yW8uw_v1ZiwJc-2b8VAgRi212-8hXLeQ7CK40wZ6BKF4W78SgRQ
HnBOjdAOcIlCm7W-I_nJJRKfeV6nT_c9tnyEnhOLk456Mi5sRXZMYRulqT4C0Ofzy7Gm066jAZZzV-EzBIga2IVr42U3qDGP_Ws1r6S-Edr67yMCfSc041dzuB-ANRxnqpgdHVFE

Downside, it was really raining outside and quite breezy. Our outerwear and ponchos were not holding up to this soaking rain. Pandora looks gorgeous though!

gCfrZHxcLRvDok3bryvX5sLapkksMtO-96Ia8jZBg1NpBoGFjAa5JFhTha6PGSkMfUUQJUgdHmxm1ALmfSQOj7_5yIU6ZQmcf-KsJb7pTnVuMZJ5vs4NdP4uX0_Wg8F5FEHUzf5m
7zXp5sB3yFG3Ka9UxRoKR_yXEGlrLWY3yDVSspsMKesNX0kjnCyPyeuYDVURKwPP-PyW5tReKKxYQGhvu4Wwl4z6gEPPMGN00kIeU-b4wrCBYoq935nI24IugAk4fQS3pUFUi65t
Vuij7cRiJ38-BgLb7xl1LuzBAf1lRjmWft15GENwijiTnszqgsoNOmvJ1CDDpAeqE701pD8nLyVP_-rvrDW26qLibuvFtVC9ipgmllkpNa2xltWf3Az-RHCwdniFhveH6dQFKTfo
o55xVIRXD1ysTOpLEv7JiuQEHdCEfJPANvmp-sMrTjopzjGfX3g7LxqyWTiX9W9QcELEu6ZoE2giHSLDKAKhZJ4mKvdMY24yqg33L8G9mOB2pNp6MWYymUN0A-iL4dIzW7DApvil

We made a long slog out to Expedition Everest. The beauty of the park was lost as we were trying to stay dry and warm. We walked right onto a train for a slightly painful trip into the Forbidden Mountain. Going high speeds down a roller coaster track in the rain, the drops turn into little pellets, and you find yourself with your eyes closed or head down most of the time. Still such a great experience. We were laughing the whole time!

BOcsKb9EHSIqBr8_S7AU2ZgAxlHHIhZCQFytBja4jOWnH55VQ6ozEblsrKb6AcsYZCise1i_kFTVm_GRT5ZhasrxrMC2DGxX83Md4GIUyb2GfvvhmqdxDOgl9g4b9LZoFNVsGYyE

We were getting really soaked, but knew we had one last ride to hit: Dinosaur! Again we walked right into the pre-show and then very quickly boarded a time rover afterwards. What few people were in the park that day were all in line for FOP.

p7sgxaBPevKLKYfDtoOjeQNTcNDf7qAlSwHxRUWsxWKlKNXpnvH58Q4cUFdq56ThVLHlHoJUGNE7kqBt-jUdqvwTWgFNlTLX3hnMrs4A0KGhyqsJJoUj3G_9Jt2bfiLynsTVsa1d
V5j_bagzTbtocOeTaRxWsl5c6B0nkO-ZwhQV0Tx3aD3x-3KUIi0iiEtxDTimuusLMFwF_0NAKfkVG528SC-J62cGl-a9K147FUrcj0UCKjvVmaSW1Thpcap7gCFrTUoAyXoIJkiI

Funny story: we actually got stuck on Dinosaur momentarily right before the big carnotaurus finale. The time rover had just told us it was 60 seconds to impact, we turned a corner into complete darkness and we stopped. Complete darkness is very unnerving. Tory and I started joking that we would not escape the meteor shower and were going to be stuck in the past. I asked if anyone knew how to start a fire. It was bizarre. Probably a good full minute before our time rover started back up, we saw the carnotaurus, and we (somewhat miraculously) made it back to the present time. I don’t know what Dr. Seeker did to get us out of that one!

ntqIZ9IAWgIIq9whHFSz3yhqlnYiaRLGWTrRXAgJU3Io_pI6kP7YSKHti1M2tCJ23alKyBY_aGdbAA3pVLI8GlN3_OpzIQXj1R15CI53WVtbQ7i480mrXI84f2wLZArQtqETBfDF

After regaining our wits from our near death experience, we decided to head out of the park, for two reasons. One, we were soaked to the bone and cold. Two, we had someone to meet! So, all in all, in less than two hours in AK, we rode FOP, Expedition Everest, and Dinosaur all without FPs. A really rare experience and one I won’t soon forget. Our selfie in front of the Tree of Life in the rain is one of my favorites from the trip.

NqfpybOMSh8QcaLciVocm7gp121rnXZ8xNBoZwW5AxPqEEKnPmCRiLpP1BVEt5zhyVEPpfQNYH3vsfL8JaeHVnRnnq3mhtS_0IVTOTadNL9g42JojVyTxfwvwbAY_ZvRiU3SHuf4
UbBQFVKmTOJ5uD_vV2DMCXeGwaOT5vuPhOjI2WnHI7hfRa9oZJbcOFWz6HsX66V7tUJFf71wtP_HO-yoi3ONUif4tRBLADL7AzMQXEeww6BzBwPN3ysEk0A-YBaXoCzuWfKdBa2k

We were soaked on bus ride back to AKL.

0Q-gXllM5UiRL3uH8FHzwH0z12SIAcKJEAgquIedJ4J779zxFvEZJbQdl8Wzq8mOAUhEyRo3NB8yKp4BdApzneb9cADDwlGWj8qRKaJKo5hzgtppejaOTXx51vYFVxtWsrJlyTri

Last edited:

Following along!! Congrats to you both. Your wedding day looked like pure perfection. As a fan of all things tipsy, can't wait to read how your honeymoon unfolds.
I just found this trip report. I'm quoting the first follower because I echo the sentiment word for word, and I'll add that you and your wife are the cutest couple ever.
:)

Day 6: Conclusion

Now to setup the next part of the story, I need to establish a little background. We have a friend named John. John was the first friend I made in grad school and quickly became my best friend. He was from Montana, and once I realized he had never been to Disneyland, I took him on his first visit. After our second visit in which we went to DCA, he popped for an annual pass and for the next year, he and I had a standing “date” on Sunday nights to go to Disneyland. Often times this meant hanging out at the Mad T Party (may it rest in peace). When I met Tory, John was the first person I called afterwards, and I actually called him (with Tory’s permission) during our second date because I needed to reschedule plans I had with him because my date with Tory was going so well. I joked early on that John and I were a package deal. The first time John and Tory met was at Disneyland, and they immediately hit it off. John became our Third Wheel. He was our collective best friend and would join us on many random evenings at home or in Disneyland. He’s a great guy, was a groomsman at our wedding, and even makes an appearance in the photo Tory and I posted to go Facebook official. After that, he would often refer to himself as Tory’s Instagram boyfriend as he is behind the camera for many pictures of Tory and I as a couple.

W6BfEg-c9WAkuKPtt81729Hlpn31gjZ_jGc6tIlCnAr3l-6nC3AKwr5-3GS3i_xVBRNhLVT-3ykZ59n50ckxwLKZpooTkjKliMKwaNYNiHCfgI87lm21rZOkF17I6YtBmkM0NZUj
ozYdgrYyQEBAF0QLytohP0Jhe3c5ZJC6miu8CEgvWwMhtqebGZb_IPjtTpvOFZnZcpzBaSbpPCAf3rfD-tWZfvs1y1f2I352di0iYyTt1zEgXtHs9lHbFxqU0KcogWF_i05uNkYb

All of this to say, we, at one point, jokingly invited him to crash our honeymoon to Drink Around the World with us. While we were all sitting around watching Youtube videos of people doing just that, it planted a seed of thought. A few months before our wedding John accepted a job out in New York City, and so we had to see him leave for the other coast. A couple months later, we got a message asking if we were still cool with him crashing the honeymoon for that one particular task, and we said yes. So John was able to book a flight and a two night hotel stay for pretty cheap. We rearranged our FPs a bit, and it was happening. Our Third Wheel was joining us on our Honeymoon (for a bit).

While trying to keep our phones dry at AK, we got word that John had landed and was going to check into his hotel. He asked where we wanted to meet up. We suggested our resort as we were drenched and would need to change before heading out for the evening.

The timing was perfect, for just before we got off the bus at AKL, John had arrived in his Lyft and was in the lobby.

We said our hellos and laughed about how surreal this was while walking up to our room. We caught up and chatted while Tory and I dried off and changed. I’ll mention here that I don’t have that many photos of the three of us from his visit as he was well aware of the fact that this was our honeymoon and stayed behind the camera as often as possible. What a friend!

We had no plans for this evening, and the rain was not letting up. John mentioned that he was quite hungry, so we decided to go to Disney Springs to see what we could find to eat.

The bus ride to Disney Springs is the longest from AKL, and it seemed like we hit every red light imaginable. We eventually made it, and stepped off the warm bus to face the cold, wet rain. We wandered for a little while before realizing we needed to have a destination in mind. We turned a corner and recognized the sign for Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar. Tory and I had heard so much about it, we knew this would be a good respite.

The bar is so well themed! It feels like Trader Sam’s but larger and, obviously, Indiana Jones-themed. It was really dead inside so we picked out a table in the center of the bar towards the back door. What we didn’t plan for was folks constantly opening the back door to look out at the outside patio and see that it was indeed cold and rainy. This made the table pretty chilly and we moved when a corner booth opened. The drinks ended up being a little disappointing. I had The Bitter Barkeep (essentially a pisco sour) and Tory had a Singapore Sling. I have no recollection of what John got, but he also got some fish tacos, which he said he highly enjoyed. Tory and I ended up swapping drinks because hers was too sweet for her cocktail tastes. The whole vibe from the waitstaff to the patrons seemed really subdued. We recognize that part of that was due to the nasty storm outside, but still we left a little confused as to why everyone loves it there. We did agree to give it another shot when the weather was more cooperative.

fqLf_M2toas4_kJjFtHg5ByCU2tDoVF4hRVYdBkBLeclpNyNnQMVQuCRudCG-fUubSGfbXkQhJP3VnOhfCDdjwZvECxc8Ot3lPS0_ng40t9du3yITgScGh1a6V282zX0XJXP2H1D

We left Jock Lindsey’s and tried to get into Raglan Road. Despite the rest of Disney Springs being empty, Raglan was packed and there wasn’t one, let alone three, open bar seats. We wandered back out into the rain and quickly found ourselves outside of Homecomin’. We saw that their outdoor patio was heated and greatly sheltered from the rain, so we found a table and sat down. Tory and I were finally feeling a little hungry after our giant feast at brunch, and so we split with John a round of the thigh high chicken biscuits and hush puppies. Along, with a round of moonshine based drinks, of course! The drinks were stiff, but sweet, and a good novelty as none of us had tried moonshine before. It was a great time catching up with John, as he had some dating adventures to tell us about. The food quickly came out. Despite hearing mixed reviews of the place, we really enjoyed the food. The biscuit sandwiches were flavorful The chicken was tender. As far as the hushpuppies, considering that none of us are Southerners, we thought they were the best we had ever tried. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, and we really enjoyed the Zac Brown Band-heavy playlist. We would definitely go back to try the full menu.

eYRl67cKVXJcCkMwMmZUgUe1HPA6N3NAnSGJjQeOFlngjdLTypUtAGDSy_Ag-HVOlUQG48OLEIOXyw6Obe-Ob8ZM7mWBWTHHbM7JcoJyXhA9GLshLBD9SBSsT7dN0fywi3EBV9Sb
E-u6k7dZILxc-LC9NZpbY-sEdHukmV4EgZ1iKI2ehLucd6jLzGNJwHvFaAvAtlry43Ltd4kfrH5i7q--3oVyN5X-KruFUE5SgJqS-9dKzR4Qxf1V6MxHm6hy_Tebpgsui4lHbiU5
vkIvwNLdjh9QzwPsyDgooJMh1Eop-AZmbm_eZeRX9MSOCBsQPMsyGPwJgcHXPfJ6UZJxqxJahhhGOyvruHeXb64uCT_ySrrTqJDgZEpsR0W9H8isLkR8BcfTKo4QyV7VCiA7prRj

The rain wasn’t showing any signs of stopping and it was getting colder by the minute, so we made one last stop in the Springs at Tory’s request: Erin McKenna Bakery. We got a delicious brownie and a donut. For the second time today, I was impressed by a gluten-free baked good.

The longest wait we ever had for a bus was this night. It was maybe 15 minutes, but it felt so much worse given how exposed the Disney Springs bus stops are. Tory was pretty miserable by the time we got back to the resort. So much so that she ran back to the room to change once again before we headed to the Cape Town Wine Bar for our night cap. After the drinking we at the Springs, I opted for a beer, Tory chose a wine, and John got a cider. We talked about our plans for tomorrow. Tory and I agreed at that moment that we wouldn’t be able to hang individually drinking around the world, so we decided to split the 11 drink marathon. John doubled down on his plan and excitement. He can easily outdrink both of us and we named our trip report “Tipsy Ducks in Love!”

We actually got to talking to the other couple at the bar that night. It turns out that they were behind us in line to check in for Brunch at the Top! They noted that we looked much better than we did now after an afternoon/evening in the rain. They told us about their daughter who attends UC Santa Barbara (after we mentioned that we all met at UC Irvine), and their plans to continue their trip down to Miami after they checked out of AKL. Really nice couple and it was a fun way to end the night.

We said good night to John who called a Lyft back to his hotel and went to bed in search of extended warmth and some sleep.

Last edited:

Day 7: Tipsy Ducks In Love is literally alcoholic chocolate milk

Tory and I arose plenty early for our Breakfast ADR down in the lobby. We decided along with John that if we were going to be drinking, we needed to have a hearty meal to start the day. So after John made plans to join us, we booked an 8:20 AM ADR for Boma. We headed downstairs to wait for John.

RyJVHVcymAh0eCRvxwgtCWbJUiwLg_yoCi-dF9JTfjc43fiERWIa3phLQrE6niJ0X1wnwZ6EP2jFgPosG6WYjmSDoczHtLHFn0Bc7tJXDrtPsNeOf-yShE-CayRq4qemYXoRrUO-

We met up with John who arrived right at 8:20 AM because his Lyft driver got lost. Seems to be a common occurrence out in Florida.

We were seated immediately in the gorgeous dining area of Boma. It’s amazing the level of detail and décor that Disney put into a buffet. We were greeted warmly by our server who congratulated us on our marriage. She offered us some complimentary mimosas and was gracious enough to offer John one as well. We accepted even though we knew we had a long day of drinking ahead of us!

John isn’t quite as adventurous food-wise as we are, and so we made sure to do our research and ensure that there was plenty standard breakfast fare. It was a pretty even split of African-inspired fare and standard American breakfast food.

After our mimosas arrived, we headed out to the buffet. Wow! It is seriously quite the spread! It’s a little daunting to even decide what to get and I decided I would need at least two plates. All the food we tried was delicious! The item I will not forget is the African mustard-rubbed corn beef. So incredibly tender and complemented so well with that mustard. I certainly went back for round 2 of that. Tory loved the bobotie and hash. While we enjoyed the African fare we got to try, we wished there was more. We will need to come back for dinner to try some more! All in all, for the quality and variety of the options, Boma is a really good value and we are very glad we got to try it and complete the food tour of Animal Kingdom Lodge. The only thing missing from breakfast is the Zebra Domes! For some reason, we have no photos from Boma. Sorry!

We took our time finishing our coffee and tea and let digestion begin before hopping a bus over to Epcot. Once again, Epcot security was an absolute mess. However, we were mentally prepared and sent John ahead through the no bag line to sort out his park ticket. The line moved marginally faster this time, but the cast members were still not particularly pleasant. But, we eventually made it inside. Hi Figment!

9ILs17ZGCjLlXARmi7eHdSDnjAxnHaZPw42hQIO6hWck5nx9Ul2y71oZU32ox7ek6rScnC_U4KpAPg2CLwKyKOHegxfeYNoqr-FSMexv_TtMXyHwkuGwUpv5EMfaNvEPEKxtfs3H

Once through, we welcomed John to Epcot and began wandering through Future World. We walked into Club Cool. This was a really fun little experience. While neither Tory and I normally drink soda (it’s way too sweet for our tastes), we did enjoy trying the global flavors. We told John about the Beverly and he took a brief video of us trying it. To our collective surprise, Tory and I actually enjoyed it. Pretty sure the last photo of us is just us wondering why people hate the Beverly so much! It would be a great digestif after a heavy meal. The anise flavor isn’t that bad. We were kind of confused as to why people seem to hate it so much! John was certainly intrigued and I handed him the rest of my cup. He took one swig and immediately had a large grimace on his face. Wish we had a video of his reaction instead!

BpvgPxQnBnUR4pqHb8EygqqFY4v224saBqAJp5M3pLExOSzkhxVr94ju7CTZr6L9pCvOx7hO7idlwWUqHsa1F4mn_XacIIgtTpKkHKchB7igQ_pfw6Di8zzTJQlOTaAzdaQx_H-8

_06ud2A4QQOla0Ojdd3cKhBWjs7f136ljwOX_lIWFdu5_lLxgAC_N2TU_cZ0hL3LiK7-OH3zSfmvNwhVO6-r87wvloMv3j3_7czhc0FK4qjbVR_ohUur9qc7BbYkcQYuNsGnsqsl
jNVnKdDiAk8Qk5fE_Ucnw_ypMchRuAoJZ5Hjq1ZfK9rVtu8WfXI9t-CEIX5YW6DGdjU-IuI5pyLzcX_987_KHxzgZ_aCQSSx3FDw3Gp8iLQQcd9YcBFsn_l1quWX9eSnPhRmmSzl

Again, it was cold, as it had been all week. John, despite now being a New Yorker, was underprepared and wanted to go look for a sweater. It was freezing this day! Tory had two jackets on and was still cold! We took this moment to grab our AP magnets! Again, despite not having grown up with Figment, we are big fans now!

John didn’t find anything he loved and decided to tough it out for the time being, especially since we would be “drinking ourselves a sweater” throughout the rest of the day.

We arrived outside the Mexico pavilion at 10:50 AM, ready to start the marathon. If we were ever going to make it, we would need to start as early as possible. While waiting, we wondered if La Cava actually opens at 11 AM. We did a quick google search and saw opening times ranging from 11 AM to 12:30 PM. We resolved to head in, and if it wasn’t open, to head back out to the margarita stand out front.

rFLyuKzbRZYZ2xY6RFXLhOrudJeB58J-Oalt00nTSXwJn83DT6PA41oQRENgcVlIz9JRtV7Tc0pegzPq-y6NT-k1KZIZhjI6ZvfbZgHLITmBNlGog6Bm3vX4DUfqdTaWpeuEUp1z
eHqGXMlyMA641qO82sLwY15LcCRF5iPadHp_5kcXSr06QYSKDK7Tqtn615tEQWnOJ-q25NZvh-osX8UKo48Dr3OEDhC4krbHQrVHTK6-xDqQlqzNqLMmxfFb5k53p9sl216q_w4c
XNQijv6WHJVvj7LiXgnsskze6k5lA0fv9qvSQx7KIsynXAld8fA4G-c7DopkXL037rwkFK97YVpsAiNDUg_MpYA2frz-91EcDYG2XkKpwqa4WXWdxgYn6tIKH5gHp5BvMlOZrPYG

We watched the cast from the pavilion do a quick opening ceremony. Then the rope was dropped, and we headed into the pyramid. Much to our excitement, La Cava was open! We were the second group that got seated and we were taken to a booth in the back of the very small bar.
uHDFgIqfaM2N1kwetKby7tMQg1VbnnKQA3L00wyWOdpeBqzAyLNdseeN_KYM5wQcWEXWzJA6Fsj1LDyzo9f57VnCK87QSuL96rGBFL5OwnCzmDyLVsTdgGbG5u6iQ5XdPHqZk3uY
hfBA6T7klKfXGzcKAIRlDW_81m_IGcQdeNGXvdZ73qIG8sBWB0D0Qktk4xgEpPhW0WEmVQ5og6KPdzQhEJZetU6Znway-TaWQ_hIxW0DRDkRGealtzsm-koVjDYGM_j8c0W_cNWU

We had read about the Twitter freebie, and so I had made sure to follow them before we got in. Our waitress was very friendly and explained the menu. We mentioned that we followed them on Twitter and she graciously brought us out some free chips and salsa. Tory and I chose to split the avocado margarita and John opted for the Maelstrom.

eYlop7fRhW9jKeLzmjJxE-RnRoYhd2N2K1XRq5Wg7SGhC1KVo28maTP2f7oAd_yR_d3BA48Zt3IR1ZiLwLK-mW_9fUoENftV6ggApJKIKsP9or8lrrKqS_MWk_Cwp2PYHLCgLy8H
9Tzxl9cZbagtvO1F-2m4tnUgh45AR-1K6sLSIyDJRDdoWMGH6Fu5jwSRdNITW9tm_M39fYQlOSl0PV_EfXmpyIRvSp05nRQZIW12TZj6CstSGsbrZTNQjHDrzpeMXXaBOUlFK97h
aXakErQXZk_oiUaimMYx5Mr5PL_KdeBpXoiHzWigEfxTy0vvm1fbQXO-yI1WNrItZwrA0S4pnswvLneafww2smYOb5a55NbMqadQuZeuLTmlHfN8-jsyoRgBZiiEQ0pA9xvbwfdz

As is apparent by the quick facts at the start of this trip report, the avocado margarita was Tory’s favorite drink of the whole trip (and my second favorite). I don’t know how all the flavors came together so well, but it was seriously an amazing sip. It was absolutely worth the high cost, as it was clear this was quality tequila. We savored our drinks and chips (Tory loves chips), and took in the really cool space. I did remind the group that we had 11 hours to get through 10 more countries, so despite how amazing it was, we couldn’t linger in La Cava forever.

On our way out of the Mexico pavilion, John spotted some authentic Mexican ponchos and grabbed a purple one to wear the rest of the day. As newlyweds, we also stopped to take a photo with our fellow newlyweds!

Y_Gt9jddCU1tU1vqzF2dlezoxQuugI0knIq3w1uxnriZUKY-_z2K-EFXs9vX1wXerTiWUIfjijFRBBHC4XA5AJ1OeZ4MRPArSRni4dAy_MQiPWGRjfqzrEQCfceJUw9jMa5CORt-
QRm5GRiUtRKxk7KxCHju9hljFuAUw9UgxLVKfZ1qi0r-s3svt4bcyvt2VQUAdQKJfHsoDnaknPEEYNq3e9h6Wsi3Dw3TUL_8JvMNbcLAufTirEUWwEGckQh3fzTwnvLYMWTECIDA

We then began to saunter next door to Norway, stopping briefly to listen to the Mariachi band.

ijuwq29hJzZF0uN-RZ1fNT5w5eOtSOJlKXhvF7umEQwyyNvKv4ZPxBgbLWspxYBaCChNG8ak-mGn0Va3D5gqgeEyEA3RLITLWhmQx_3l5orwRqZRleBQFnNtdj43ta5xR_LWSaU2

Not knowing what other drink options exist in the Norway pavilion, we took John straight into Kringla. We got our second school bread of the trip and an Aass beer. John got a Viking Coffee, which is a very him drink. He doesn’t drink beer, so he would often come to parties and get togethers with pre-spiked coffee in his travel mug if beer was the only option. We sat down on the small stage/rock area right next to Akershus to enjoy our libations and baked goods.

_XryQkBPzOkwhuIDsaPo5R4rDbzvJlEQHHv9SLE3VbkrShiZRFs9dooSpeWWMKN_XjncRAP5auPAYwjaSX6cPaZiDszDNM-IpKj8XD5P_JlIL8JCVMeigMOkf7VvJKW4ZVOtisCc
wqPnbWJcXf2qfIDyPH_NC9dzryY_wcRNLFprrTtEoANWE3B-pSMzjQQGd5iWDlWiCDPQfKLo1hdgsjwgGJ0h9VZOLxZzkrcqcczZoyA7v-DnjcQx9Ac5kzPHOVcp6USeMc7gLttB
7ILb_ZB-Kcch9qxDqRic2njTteqj3uU16diaBEH44HY2zaP8fZgDd58hB26exLCPIWavmI1sw4bDErWNMtQIm_AfAZkvGU-RY2mxaNfoWJxauE9aZGR2uhdac3QBYauvTAXv8BYS

Despite the chilly breeze, it was a truly beautiful, sunny day. We all marveled at how beautiful EPCOT and the lagoon are in the sun.

CPQwvgl6LTQ8CLeNPwryxoNeWM3ajMuNe1H6Q_5irfzf0mtYZDsmL_bJ1qQ21L-mQIIFtyH5cEb3La6RcDe4qt1rfCkTxeVmbBMePIWCyDxn2Q3_q0RTzfH-OcnsA0FMnpsXehwR
wtn1KSYLNkCxhYywK9lYA80zb8Y1-32KoCVr_H2wQTUR82FKofs2vYAsWErRPZQaqJgH_JYMZ4GgJHADMDysL6Tkz1EbCvdoek86jSh53WSuVMN4xI-4og1qbCdGaF_QEbppkDPK

Once finished, we got up and wandered almost directly into a Viking. He was very interested in Tory’s ears and you can see in this series of photos that I was very concerned about his intentions with them. We all really appreciated the street performers and entertainers that were in each country since it was Festival of the Arts.
bJsQRPs-M5QwpxxXQAV1p4RE0U-9EQp-2ssWbp0SfqbjQZHg6IrZftr_lwmuKLvkWYlEuWW9cZte85-32kr52zYehFIyoQwx5wEsdnnK-YYMJPAT8Q0J3aUuoJl3DTRgiIGXJcX5
Tp8F_NWcTKYBKBgeJrKyKVKGjK2Vcl3ug9ox4pC8-WAZKTbtybZZHBciwrnUqtidn3b5oJiXLx0GQ9I7M7WM9_lOkrgtSlrLPYHUaA2WgjG3tDWSUV1WvU_FFC69jqYKZU_oGs6S

A few minutes ahead of schedule (I eventually gave up trying to keep us on schedule probably due to the alcohol), we arrived in China. From the Joy of Tea, Tory and I grabbed a Tsingtao and got another John drink: Tipsy Ducks in Love. The Tsigntao was as expected. John’s drink tasted essentially like alcoholic chocolate milk, which suited him well, but would have been so hard for us to finish. We meandered through the shops of China. John was in the market for a small dragon figurine for his desk at home, but we ended up not finding one.
6zYi5D6dBZ8yvdCwUt6MZXl41OS26PuORDGhIUKVJDQyKMnpe4CIxIyqrgXIlpyXhPysxR0fkm53XGM6VAMN0HdvVyfBsNFSTGQkLKWFcVXGy6LFI1jB6NnyC25oc3kDI3h3DGPO
HDi4N_K74-Yx8Gi3HfYvNIo3q1oHlWFeCT07kIzseIHy8eV-IjCDwLrJZegsg_QCYB07B9EDsymR1TNjFCIfttlz6Jb-AAvPQaC6AWGKXRSRW0x0FGReorK50w7Gu-5UCBrSHDBa
rudSMt5TuOH60cPDQn0fWuFEuJu9dkkHBjIG2Xgjz90PJZ9sL9jZN0E9hYkKEIrpl3bRlTIjif24x0p41E_QLtvAGu0NpaOAwBYfRHyXJ6vaD2S1NrOJ9dkXBJqgWUwG_6n8Fa1-
VDlxYeEAK5qnZGLHaCkFbtYZpRHU1CN1GPxgD5FkqdTH2EPP4NQJ6Ysl_C8JLdREnv39V3oUASwNoUdudECf9ww63O1OvL8FzwuXTOMmp3YM5i4HnJrCj2SVCbUTSTdChETQK25s
YLyhHU9yy1QTktBWi7braZuV1aUdTsAS_60P9M8MNhR3XFhvVsdJ4x8bBu3g1ITcwt1vxwaPOJ7ptixiWG0t8935jPGCQBcgC3XQhV6vmhV9sL0ATtFpFQh1A8UbpJ85DtjB53nc

We left China in time to catch the next showing of the German acapella group. Since John was going to drink wine, we went into the winekeller shop in search of a German riesling. But, we found that they were selling Gluhwein due to the chilly weather. We all opted for a glass of this. It really hit the spot and warmed us up. Plus, it was really delicious!

3iU2aH2NtgZnPiA_9HNNzAftfeIU8-JLb1dE_5-KvW4e0c0n_W1yU6MnicKrslSrN1yxN0VC_yVDIt6NsifqMhGjplRQNePSY68PLcOk7j5S80c34A6hl0O-Cb_L1CN5SwR8FJA_
tZoFqzpLbF4llY41tzcnbgn9Xvvj1Ljo5EJPbHi1Ame-eupfKwY2MeatHaS76HIfWNfeSTVyOQJwxCaMsmPlvc8AHj_tyKzc2wmvxeuwtqSqmwOeSsmjROlq_lhpZN2UtqzZFqyV

We took our “mugs” of Gluhwein back outside to the stage. The German acapella group is seriously impressive and fun! We got pictures with them when they finished their set and they were incredibly excited that we got married and were on our honeymoon.

KeLBp1G-v27IwDVUm8EEaXlYB6VtexMAUcJUNcr2-AcYXf041sCjHlld6U8dd4oOyHEXifsiL9FMrtIexr6vRVIlcijRzJ66HP9s8b66a1vxPUaYX_ncqXgUKOOTns6ZDDmer_uB
UsekU27k9p-vK15y5j_udghB10S29cJtSqzg6ym6s7C5ekIV1JcLrTDnZ566IYRFaq0OvPs4nxY9GvMN8_Re2qS0FudUAJ2ZZDI7A14KoVYedvE6giIxF9W1lfPrCOz5TizcNqTt
yqfEurFvHoMF60J24lmPwR3r1VDPPAYxrPviU_Km7TaoF0nlx32ZUe9L81GNpJpIRCB9y8Xj_-fvguvVXntFdV2KGtwmDz2rF-Yv-Yno-X28nuW4lPcmd2wwRlAm_7TwJnUPllG1

I was at a point where I needed a snack to soak up some of the alcohol and so we popped into the line for the Germany stand outside Biergarten to grab a Nudel Gratin. Tory and I had meant to share it but I ended up eating 95% of it, it was just so good! I couldn’t put it down. (Tory wants me to tell the readers that she was a little annoyed/sad about this). I also didn’t get a photo of it before digging in.

We also took some more train photos to send to our friend who is German and loves trains!

cuP0vHBmiSAxjCvasHDVnpoz7PQL1NYe-h57X0R5-rmxudcx3nslZSlcpObLIE7IpPzrDesUv0SwlDObdtYKu2JsC3T-7A2DkYuZu-G-Yx7-dDc_X0H6yjEbs0pxa2tn46jm4dC3

Next up: We're nearing the half-way point! Will we make it all the way around the World? Stay tuned!

Last edited:
When we last left off, we had embarked on Mission: EPCOT Drinking Around the World - Honeymoon Edition (featuring our friend John). Up next: Italy!

Italy was still disappointing. We opted to get a glass of Pinot Grigio from one of the carts out front and it seriously was one of the saddest wine pours I have ever seen. John wasn’t a fan of the wine he got either.

1f4GZ_JBXJ-iV21MkDnbKjev3_D6uD12EoOoXa4o9GTQBHvLvARfhoCFwulhBp7R62um8j5k6WaYsqhcSsaCOwLwCFPPlYhkfw9p2vnhgVBh94itein9jrqDVbCcOyP4DQcgOjuC
jFjMzFMOAlz2PkJwsMztsQZLaBw90SzvJVr8qwxS8NXFaCoa8JWvQWTODZ7VCB4v70m2csGtjFoYVWiXwyOx_dK0KLmF6Rt_KNk24BATOfDuJBP9bTflbTO468YHj_FGG7-w2hwt
1_lB1flhDdkBDRmahveKtGt8KpQoBGTMhFXTYsNr06aw1mWg85h4sRfXcbDsXB-Ger8JVBZnD-MYbMG7Pj6l4SRqC0M5_jKM-i92x-cF5rMYOyVGxi6KKoF_OWuUDeyCI1kpJgHK

John did take this cute photo of us which was slightly ruined/made all the more awesome by the grumpy lady in the corner. We caught the mime starting his act as we were leaving the pavilion and even that wasn’t that interesting. What’s up with Italy?

WK9QFTo_gG5I105IHQHle5jaO4fFWUtq4TbCGQdMBrTb30OWz1TFxX_tFooRT6EvZLLj4t_fvl-FkcgWW-J3ApIvoNSyHAhRPpRWeommM1i1iCXFDDyl3UmSPjdG70RmzhOW0BW_
4MIQ_H-3BxkR3JPDBSxUPtksLZcMRfzxqG-Ar_FLOIWabcH_bL_Hs6OzVZnkjdexve-mQ2SZthWhJ7skSS8-oOlw4T1FGON3IbqACYNEgqR14hdo0wEGZkWEZ3rNrelmS0Juo6z7
v94QmaufH3Hu1XzISk39jpeftwXFlg2rfr8wJvWvbvlTF03jn89yKX5wdwtj-k0oHu-VRylYQ6ixA4UMs6RcDVl8-eg_uFWzzmNa3JN42nCcQtgc4KZa5AjZeLx4BqhXqk0II_rX

We took a couple Festival of the Arts photos! This is our favorite series!

0gSmcdkakVcy1C-Nysa1ZMyw63yk5cwMYBiRYedsLf1pnmd0BFuqg3JKY7Sds8EUyhnmjpB7Uif1WPyrTI1ySpEo5EEm3Gik2ES9RYK8ekBMVsoX66P3olFXiuTfrmz31NMBiJ3c
uTMCV0yqUlFsD_HQFeGmZoAyNJCpTMcbX1lfT5VCFEEEXyKf1cBh76zYXcjH95n9SvRqJVEl5bfApTiKd4m7XOR5v_CYc4mSC2jxXfAeHNObGW4iSXFl6ioK6NGVOTnNWvshhBVo

Reaching the halfway point in America, we struggled with what to get here. John stuck with a cider while Tory and I eventually ended up getting a Yuengling. You rarely see Yuengling in California, and I had never had a chance to try it. As far as cheap beer goes, it was decent, and I would drink it again in a pinch.

U-CyMb-WtRkf5kNGdMlR1J0XBVkrJAxcBFLuAkpcvZEC6ngQWl9kfNyySAJ37rDMCnfJ7xKWzK77Kt7JOddVhRp7Fgc4LjZiTNc7Kp6MA58zqnpLoJXHjQ1uc11cQ7Cg2O3F4Hl5
8pqQHoQKF2WrS1Q9VlvGfQ5yoRXVB9Qa1oR-98_-DBz72SrESLkifSDQHq56iA_-5lhcOT3zu2_FJEoMQRUWBpxXBJu-nqEqJTyrLgkxwZL_s2jDPvfvwUsOMyO48bP60OgObRWn
1swIQXK0N8Vxe_uqwCgf4I8V3xmTVTa3fS8qhZsLoj39BUKMDDLtheI8T2f_8vhajLqYAnUweCKTRsa6dG2UgPZc9-TfNBeSZTvK5L88PuLGbehdX-7_bszRMRsRdk3hFktOmT3a

We learned that you cannot bring drinks into the American Adventure building. So, although I really wanted to see the American Adventure and the Voices of Liberty, it was not meant to be since we didn’t want to down our drinks. We found a planter in America, sat down, and watched the world go by. John and Tory are both into Broadway, so they talked about the two performers who were going to be doing the Festival of the Arts concert that evening.

With drink still in hand, we headed over to Japan. We caught the last half of the drum show while finishing our very American alcohol. Japan might be my favorite pavilion. It’s beautiful, peaceful, and has a lot to see and do. John took this super cute photo of us in Japan (best photographer!)
8TW2oMm7iik3YA5cQ6nzVb32mxkf30c1wpwzUuVt3Blnt34f92N9twncK_M0bSexORJT3_l_1mSFSIvlJPrK8UUAiBl-jHMmSsyK8h4uz5McJi1z_tFYySql8GmzzL7aoPErC8qh
h8dx0sOTdfiKH3Kf9FBNgCXwS7LI7QJ2e1hdKHaesu7eUkhHce9Zz_jCVrTOrt85UZisbLWYt3f96ltWNkNZgdYJ8HY1gAG8M31ECE2i0M-PBjCs_lI_tTuoADB-bQKwD7tVLg1F

lv-gRWY6CnbzYxUEP39ipRpSa-vNmR7mkho0BnEnWtu45iJBwbMru1C8sRUCPNVTtGSQPdus92rmyAAUFq_QdN6hkSV13lYIn-06hec9FdwOGT84HKIP787_0vOu6nKlx4JnjemE
rzfy6ocuUJuCUld24ahIlqi3svAgcW78hxp4aY1i6TFOHQzquugREGtlOneoz-WFyFbm1T9GxAEpKHT7X6uL3WGCFumouWq0JdSjtWioSLHCc4l7f8SkUP44bNUZS3IlVu6X6ovR
SwA1fnExEqAOMysTf_fC7Juog8AMoPa9PrpwH2eNHHnSThLPOYDL1O4wTPuJ090TmpHECACYKvF_a1kXUkiYVgVXmprfQatXOgJ_sVPns_zYg2sd1hfDEw-uASeKhmmT0OqrpZLH
0gvFnLSjpTAeULarD-X_S86jjJR7-JKd81fF6nAw_Hi9NJ7-OK2H0cyLl2bnLzYkeA2B5gF_pGRa4nkChoBJwjT_5VT6bfO9w4oiofcz6U0abO10BvnxfU8ZR8iJDpw91fCM9ARd
TU6xwCxZLQbfASg8kLR27zQOpPXt_ZVCtf3xp6JT98wxJNEK-uhmufA9BeJaWWMYCtehASDAUIAM2ae5LETI53oehS30UaZGZKQ-IaS4dn8Za5hUOIhV43k8q1k2YRisfNKAEATi

We wandered into Mitsukoshi again to find it much calmer than our visit on Friday night. To drink, we all grabbed sake from one of the Festival of the Arts booths. We were enticed because it was served in a wooden block that they write your name on for you in Japanese. The cast member at the booth noticed that it was our honeymoon and asked if she could write something else on it. We obliged. She wrote our names on one side and “Congratulations on your wedding!” on the other. It was a really nice touch and, for not being souvenir people, we have this block on display at home. This block is also in one of my favorite photos of my wife.

SjNmhzvnipzjgc_iG0caRJhL3sWuQx1UuK2khVf82uIurzEx3Ll77gEAikkFSQwcEGfoXl0_T-mFur386mKbda--msy5g8MieEUoRlvZOpwwV9qQoOJ9NLBxTYbxRQnub-Y1piuO
eHPyXuFeBm3XXzKrJGIofFWt_qn8E7baelVbR49a1jJJpSJXooyDYIQQfqbkTfEKQz2gwgO7GEQjTBkilJw3aE-Fv0sIcz-F827H4UrQsSX0LbTp9bWti5-lRg3VP3FK_ga19RI-
S_lhy7k-YBEE2L5IxvwaEqwR638iNEMSZ5NadQ_8-ZQNTv1XM12ZaB9YSic2Ll2t5AJtC6ImsoF8EGIkiUCrHGizGwllE1Xatcl_KVJG2SWeVjEbVXP9A-E-Pg79JpdC39UbXzVV
es8Z_X-xVB6C9_Wxqzrs5gQ4Zt4q5zNkkSNBUsNoFMIAWZeysqCpD0tvP8sFjBUXh5bSL7-fEtOE94PNsXPCxg4PN7Zj6yLYN0tPpyt-oXH0WJZRpS0tMR93iCi-qbyg0evZkuXG

On top of that, the sake was delicious! Tory likes sake, and I thought it was drinkable, which is more than I can say for other sakes that I have tried. John didn’t agree though, so YMMV. John struggled so mightily to finish the sake that we had to sit down at a table in front of Morocco for a bit to give him time to finish. While hanging out, Tory and I started to get hungry again. We really hadn’t had much to eat since breakfast and it was now late afternoon. We happened to be sitting outside of Tangerine Café, so we left John to guard the table and we went inside in search of food. We ended up splitting the vegetable platter with falafel, hummus, and some salads. This was a surprise hit. Tory and I are fans of Mediterranean flavors but we hadn’t heard all that much about Tangerine Café. The lentil salad was the highlight and we sat around discussing recreating it at home and other lentil-based recipes we wanted to try. For our Morocco drink, we got a glass of sangria.

uoKGecVFh-5UlnADEBthqY70hFUN6Gxo5IRyotraKZ-fvt5ZQwCTDOPqqffvGO03bQqNnZbU1BYK7O9t_3EHJGlHqvnPoQmb_UxEUuLk6ytH2i-XZedneUjdDh4TryV2xw3X_GbQ
d0xvSlN5oPlg-W-uZDNTm6h4i302Gbu0ub7sp2LdM_5tdjthpmAnllLmkt6Xblc6TMYX0x9CJ45lRnG667BTVcd35M7uM58YSvcTR-KZksdGZ3mCigEdaXtsSovblM9QQPfVMtGZ

It tasted really authentic and like it had been mulled properly, not just cold red wine with some fruit on top. It was at this point that John really started to feel the totality of his drinking, so he went in to grab some food as well and something to drink. (I have no recollection of what he got; Tory says it was some spiked coffee drink (Classic John)). The lighting at this point was amazing and we got a few photos around the pavilion before moving along.

du6gFDunc5dNM36B2wCd50blPQvGXv1-gx6g9SjKqe-CwkXA-LhfApBBwqDXW9WikUMUnSposv4nStLqtx-Z1mKiLdhaaZOE_JgiomGE8VvGjoLGsX7cBMUKt0ewowMXHwjvFs6f
x5hpLyvqjnVCORZMLXO64NuYpWNJdh7-wkFG0VyjSk1GW3VR8WX4olsQ2M4paK__GBvI59Fc1YZAPZVNvKoEpnT8iO6NEOqNQUr5LPaJKHvFVq2QIV3jQemGNoFhI2g7HT5wJBus
W4D7wN3pKhXFp7pr0knDPFAknWhuPhthzzszJQNKNapaQOiuq9T1P7e7GFUK_eNG2EAPIkC7mO87KsLPgLKDh7aA-tIvWutorEhgqNzT0mSyg9LbnwKGStH7tqNzHaDqH8zhuJf5
dk3D8i0ggsxEHN38u3js2cyG6Yhy_SEB1WQ1FSbr4-2Gt8qNhsVQfh2BP2zmPhvfe6zZuOP5pWe7a8H-zlPy68h-NDrRHCUdWDTTZMEcp96KRGE6l3Mq81O1pVBCii2AxWfVmz56
cMzFkis3AGqcyWidcdD5zSXkwG4sqEm0QR-Tw1fZxOLFX2qxyvHQriu5Es4mdhUWj6EvtmTW0mxZJXZBZzoa50Y2KEiWEPfGap4p_6ovn55LG4_vtr7BqF3-fUI_5NyN5Ad6dTnn

Up next: Three countries left!! Will we make it?!

Last edited:
Ah! If you were in Italy during Festival of the Arts you should have tried the Limoncello Spritzer! It is by far one of my favorite drinks at Disney thus far.
Did you try the goat cheese scrambled eggs at Boma? That is my favorite dish!

I think it is precious that your friend got to join you. That was so gracious of you guys.
Can't wait to read more!

Ah! If you were in Italy during Festival of the Arts you should have tried the Limoncello Spritzer! It is by far one of my favorite drinks at Disney thus far.
Did you try the goat cheese scrambled eggs at Boma? That is my favorite dish!

I think it is precious that your friend got to join you. That was so gracious of you guys.
Can't wait to read more!
It was so cold that day in EPCOT that all the little stands seemed to be closed. There was just the one wine stand out front pouring wine, so we went with that. Next time, we'll definitely have to give it a try!

The scrambled eggs were so good at Boma!!

Thanks for joining us! :earsboy::earsgirl:

And now for the final three countries: France, the UK, and Canada!

We were just leaving Morocco after a late lunch and a delicious glass of sangria, and we quickly traveled across the Mediterranean Sea to France. We all knew what we wanted to drink: the slushes! John opted for the Grey Goose lemon slush, while we went with what seemed like an EPCOT classic: the Grand Marnier slush. Tory took one sip of it and declared it much too sweet. Generally, I agree with her on cocktails and alcohol, but there was something about the slush that kept drawing me back in. I loved it! I ended up drinking about 90% of it and thanks to the effects of alcohol, I was starting to feel all romantic about EPCOT and being there with my wife and our best friend.

dhgV80BZ6btI2HElkBXbDYkm9CfjoMDIV6bweigT3FYgkVQtfJz3bOHfAHDp6ih8gGTKawQglOHLHHmPUyRm5MGGXUsmrGFUV5XdXlgJTLkqsUUV9fUNstUMtAv_6yzH7mOCbZyG
DDBCetUs-QuPn0eJvrqOB5nZH0pxxjRSS2UipY5Eo28iTNMxFRfHxOED9Ac7rnWneJE6LHXSZImOowAQraBY0eOuehOO24d7UwI113yISt2Ml0kI9OZg4kRTM0RZHRyRlg0X-kt9
tMi2tuSlB51tO5KBRLli2yoCC3AqKsH1DdA8Nbb6Dgp_OI0Zrw8eBr0qfGUlWg1vbs9N1Yz8vNMLvUWgBMRKcRA4u3P9vM72f-baaDiKGoRPiJeOy5UoIGocPyODm5zmx5YUAp_1
v8ReNeMiqMBnC4PbasmmvDHmv5PFHSh7l3cqp2yyz2elm-Sh0rLX9kTWA1OeroNxMTQuP9HHwjCapfeet8-WJ2ljofB5sglaRbwNt5_8y575lIM_YUzoCzZ2OxpbL2e-YjyTa8i5

We wandered into Le Halles hoping to get a Roulade, but they were all out. So, Tory got a beignet.

stJt0H5pw10d7wdrcgsIegqTLeh2Ykfs7xeeRmH_wJkWlrqD6kdY_Wuz7Z01wRXk-auZ5yf-bOWzBlMPuPN1Ry7ZDo7gBv9SuzOVzzdS9kK9vvg_YCicaSe1xnvm6h1yqKu7jz5v

I don’t remember much of the beignet (again, very much so feeling romantic and emotional i.e. buzzed), but Tory says it was delicious. We happened upon Impressions de France just as it was loading and grabbed seats. This felt like classic Disney edutainment. For being an older film, it was still breathtakingly beautiful with a beautiful soundtrack to go with. Tory left saying that prior to the film, France wasn’t one of the top countries on her list to visit, but now would put it high on her list. John, who had been to the real France, told us some stories from his visit and we talked about traveling the world in the future.

When John decided to join us for our Drinking Around the World Day, we shuffled our FP+ around and put them all in the evening, knowing that the bulk of the day was going to be spent in World Showcase. We had two countries left and we were now in the return window for our first FP. So onward towards the UK we went! The only logical place to drink in the UK is Rose and Crown, so we popped in for a pint. John got himself a cider and Tory and I split a pint of a Blacksmith (half Guinness and half Smithwick’s).

csqI-PrXjgO9t5IG3jBsnEuhWU6oUdFOqsXx7CT2lG5zrg7rQvxoctvzoUgBTlMAYSBKvBYahA9EbvYuvKEFa_W0DNVjZualHIJ7IBsylTN8xoED61bemGknfVRIPsf7fqlltpep
Q8Iqeww1H-dKVyxTx1Bs4f6JL0BrzlFmrwPqCguISJJh4t6M3PZcqxZuoclX_nExVmZwldzxsIR0tvqq1QM2lN3EMn53kBm0nV9XHYQheme0RBlT-K4VKkVeaWiwRPwimfimpEwb
785pOkbxkyw_qh2Wmw5k-4CSGsuGMpzRgQZ34oaE-IoJvIhgzmO6kh6Ug1rklYPPFX0kCaR9C2YVdzrymJrJ9FLubBB5u6m1vrBAqLYT0OXMtOipMpWgF3cocAlXRjNe3qU_hTHB

It was jam-packed inside so we found a table out front and spent a few minutes sipping on our pints and enjoying the gorgeous EPCOT sunset. Tory and I finished our Blacksmith pretty quickly as British beer is so light and drinkable.

1ktTREOkgfKXd2fdZ6EKMzHFJ8Dgg4oYRqxQIcHPO6OhCnC9C3YUsag4HTsnrk4JExKxRKRJGgcHjeCmPXGh_3usDN20RAWccCslvflih1TK7afhF2c6c_Yh3zUnYISVQ7qdSoDE
tZ8Ii5opy1KRpEFU-tlcZ87mr1u7wHv9f0WC20eQLaJgxO4ZyhXGpu09VkhR89XnLwULT6ShPFioVS4sjM-u5wCTopobLCT1GpM_YhZbaoMlBXSTsQC_Fm_dHr8MGL3eP32at9hA

John was still nursing his cider, however. We decided to press on as we were running towards the end of our FP window. As we passed into Canada, John still wasn’t done with his cider, but Tory and I were ready for our last drink. So we very briefly stopped into the Canada gift shop and got what the CM described as a Canadian Blue Moon. It was $11 and tasted exactly like Blue Moon. Would not recommend. We heard there used to be La Fin du Monde, but we’re not sure where it went. They should consider bringing it back because honestly, it seemed like Canada had the worst options for alcohol.

iDe7oDWZlcv4PVZaSVZmIbzhh6Ul2UUt6avPMaY332iiBLMMBxabkQnkRygYH03PFeHYQoMo_4RCmYahgUdIshlSvLiA_1TxHt5UpsIoR1YloU8N7D6_HQyDlfoY6GX0ldn8us6S
jvp7LegXO04fLjLc8ZDhYKZVrmBZ_RwpQZJJZKB269fSBavuHWXRuFY1oqkUA2U2gi2F_GVd0IKM23lnHikkMeSDPItCGKEruccfO29q9h6phuqU4XROhkkc-4MSQ-gqju-Issgy
o6osNSGFe1dzwIjQ27iP0DQkghG_ljtQ4LPl1rhZ89YbUL0eTR1NxzqznPnXXd6TxJwO4OARUp3Vv2qcFBlPZITz_-Dq3YA99fKRWB303pFfq4bGzqNPULchMNGTIGAm7YDAXaNW

John vowed to grab his drink from Canada before the night ended. We made it to Spaceship Earth, towards to the end of our window. I could ride that every day and not get bored. Such great edutainment and it leaves me hopeful for the future.

We then headed directly over to Mission: SPACE for John’s first trip to space. I made a point to flip all the switches this time. As expected, they don’t do anything.

We then single-ridered Test Track so John could see it.
gRyp8hZtv-NrGeOll5fCkTiQXtgFNibLPFLNk_KUzj7dU4FxivcMANA62bUc8AK6OvRlnC17loz8IF1de522yRj6XBQ0nFqNXPEJsi_ijC3gqfx8oF_FAekUkoLKeZ5LC1MMaFXx
bIBDV46Tu4QtuZZ7ukPrR4jmlL7M5P_4M6_-ibCmK7lP5czPP31HSFd5rhAp_FbMbro-oNtMgBXwsjJB70WcDwQgIlW8o-DSo8gbu4paVt69GxSqv8osXydgieKnFDJaVa7salcJ

At this point we had a little time before our last FP, so we headed back to Canada for John to get his last drink. We also stopped at Refreshment Port for a classic poutine. This was so delicious and hit the spot to soak up the last of the drinks. John grabbed a glass of ice wine to complete his quest and Snapchat story. He finished it as we backtracked around World Showcase to Norway for our final FP ride of the day on FEA. I enjoyed it more the second time and John certainly got a kick out of it. He and I had a “Frozen Day” at Disneyland once before I met Tory where we took in all the new Frozen offerings, including the sing-along where we serenaded Love is an Open Door to each other. What can I say, our bromance runs deep.

kPiOIK0__amqEOjH6Dkr-ncXak8KtbX0Hq1ZQwIIn2JXNkmKNHNdYGWIwbH3RqlsRbe_HNW6gesjCqf36rfNies3MTMk8m60Eutgu41gM7Jm6kn_kUw-R2A4P2oDTsAcADiiFz9p

After we returned from Arendelle, it was nearly time for Illuminations and we found a great spot in the Mexico Pavilion. Tory and I agreed that this was a better view of the show than the FP area. Certainly quieter and less chaotic. What a marvelous way to end what was another fantastic Disney day!

MNHLI7wnitE_iv4ckNReQHOAOReCG-8rL41qbF0sjMbdWxjwmCozecUvdW-uIb-B45k5mGVN53ZZPgS0ddMtUfWPY9wwolqiC5JV5a1KPEOIPJkmwHA9hHvcNvRa-BMeRU2PVMgb

Walking out of EPCOT really just gave me the chills. This place is really amazing. We had no issues with the buses, even leaving right after Illuminations. We were quickly back at AKL, where we said our goodbyes to John before he called a Lyft back to his hotel. I think this was the only night that we didn’t do a night cap, but you can excuse us as we did Drink Around the World!

NwAFcOv8StshEVel1O-KaU2rqVsNzxur_M2pEa6Q9G8W1N0rzoNS0GKABC1WgbEYsBq6otFKs0N0bhan6VuRSJNbrVgGgFrcZbNIexw_OddRsnnCi8wFV6bnIIlyokeqvxv4WcHH

Last edited:
Just found your trip report and realized we were at brunch on the same day. Your description of the weather tipped me off. We spent the morning in MK and we enjoyed the lack of crowds. Dealing with the rain with our 3 yo was too much for us and we gave up after brunch. I'm impressed with all you got done! I am looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

Just found your trip report and realized we were at brunch on the same day. Your description of the weather tipped me off. We spent the morning in MK and we enjoyed the lack of crowds. Dealing with the rain with our 3 yo was too much for us and we gave up after brunch. I'm impressed with all you got done! I am looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
It was such a wild weather day! Glad you got to spend some time in the parks with lower crowd levels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!