UPDATE, pg 3,New England, major NorEaster for Friday into Saturday!

Jill,

When you first posted this, I was going to say you were too far out for us to get all worked up about.....:lmao: Shows how much I know.

I worked today until 3, was at the market by 3:15, and was out by 4:00. I hate that I had to go today, but we needed regular groceries, not just the makings of Blizzard French Toast! The new Market Basket in WB had every register open, and had a bagger at each lane too. They did a great job today.

DH & DS went and 'borrowed' my parents' generator (Mom & Dad are in FL), we have gas for the generator & snow blower. Plenty of food, and if we lose power, at least the perishables can go outside.

Stay safe everyone!

Ha ha Deb, so true, usually they'll hype it up early, only for it to be a couple of inches. Not this time, this is the real deal. I was at the deli today, had to wait 20 minutes, but then got right out, what a madhouse. But we're as ready as we can be! Lets hope we don't lose power!!

we're all set here, too. dh's company has already shut down for tomorrow; ds's school (UMass-dartmouth) is closed, the restauramt he works for already closed for tomorrow, sp i'm happy tpp tha we'll all be home.

stay safe everyone! :cold:

p.s. pls ignpore the typos, my wrists are in splints fpr the night. :sick:

Well, we survived the night! And we didn't lose power!! Thank God. We got 22 in inches of snow here on the South Shore. We have lost our cable and Internet, but that's ok, I'm able to watch Ch 5 live on my iPhone, way cool. My sister has lost her power down on the Cape, she's freezing. I feel so bad for the 400,000 that have lost it. How did you all make out?

We are in Southern NH and have about 22 inches as well. Thankfully we never lost power.

Happy shoveling

we're on the south shore also, haven't heard an official snowfall amount but I'd guess about 22-24". never lost power thankfully and still have cable, internet,phone too! We are lucky! DH is snowblowing now; DD got stuck at work from 3 pm yesterday until 11:30 pm tonight (she's a nurse)I'm glad she wasn't out trying to get home in this mess!

I'm not home yet but from talking with family, my section of Marshfield lost power last night around 9pm, still not back. They are dealing with flooding in the esplanade area with the tidal surges.

No power loss here in Boston though just tons of snow.

It was great with no traffic out there, no fatalities, very few accidents & clean up is going smooth!:cool1:

Just back from a walk in the neighborhood. It is beautiful out when the wind is not howling..:) No official measurement yet, but guessing about 24-30 in Boston. Kids are sledding in the local park, people are out snow shoeing and cross country sking. We never lost power or anything.

DS12 ventured out a little while ago. We have 20+ inches probably. It's hard to tell because the wind is so bad. DS did measure a few places that were over 30 inches.

We never lost power, knock on wood, but we are stuck here for a bit. I can't even see the driveway for the drifts, I hope the plow guy can see it.

I am northwest of Boston. We got 2 feet of snow. Luckily we did not lose power. DH dug out an area for the dog this morning. The dog showed how much he appreciated it by sticking his entire face in the snowbank. DH is out starting the real cleanup now. It is pretty but it also a big mess to clean up.

South Shore here also. At least 2 feet of snow here, huge drifts and still snowing sporadically. Kids are outside playing.

we are in Maine and got over two feet...with three and four foot drifts...
Furnace man is on his way...as our furnace decided it needs help...it is chilly and I keep resetting it..
I hate winters but especially the cold and snow of it all..
Glad that it is almost over with..except the 44 plus mph winds..have a good day all

We got 34" and drifts that are even higher. Crazy amount of snow. We are just trying to dig out our car. It was completely buried in the driveway. The town was plowing the roads at the beginning of the storm, but they stopped overnight. The side roads are impassable right now, not sure about the main streets. I can't imagine how they are going to get all the roads and school parking lots plowed in time for school on Monday. There is just no where to put all the snow!

In my town we got 28" from this storm. It was so hard to plow the snow from my driveway. Didn't know where my driveway ended and the street started. Fell down when the snowblower got stuck in the snow at the end of the driveway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter