UPDATE: L’Artisan des Glaces, Artisan Ice Cream & Sorbet is now OPEN.

Rumors Rocks

Mouseketeer
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/epws-france.htm#icecream

Were enjoying the new Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie and Monsieur Paul, the re-imagined upstairs restaurant at the France Pavilion at Epcot. But theres more: look for the new LArtisan des Glaces, Artisan Ice Cream & Sorbet has opened the pavilions former bakery space.

pis738026SMALL.jpg

Pistachio Ice Cream at the new LArtisan des Glaces, Artisan Ice Cream & Sorbet

This delightful little shop will offer 16 different flavors 10 ice creams and six sorbets are on the menu (still a work in progress). Everything will be made in-house with the simplest, fresh ingredients milk, sugar, cream, eggs and fruit, says general manager Eric Weistroffer.

Click link for more details.

Looks like Im gonna have to try something new that looks really good!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

~Wow, the OP forgot the best part! Anyway, that looks SO good, can't wait!

Desserts will be sold by the scoop either in cups or cones. Adults may also add a liqueur to their ice cream.

Update - LArtisan des Glaces, Artisan Ice Cream & Sorbet has opened the pavilions former bakery space.

I went a few nights ago and was very happy with it. The line wasn't too bad, but I was there seconds before Illuminations. I really enjoyed the taste of the ice cream, it definitely seemed more "fresh" and I could see the sorbet being really refreshing in the heat. I think it's worth checking out.

I loved it. I chose Mixed Berry and Strawberry sorbet, and they were full of flavor, a tiny bit tart, sweet, and refreshing. I thought it was the creamiest sorbet I've ever had.

I bet their ice cream is also awesome, I had to resist the temptation of ordering pistachio or profiterole ice cream. I'm trying to watch what I eat, no dairy fats. Sorbet doesn't have dairy in it.

Can't wait to go back. I want to try the Melon and Lemon sorbet too!

Tried it yesterday. Ice cream is very creamy (probably because made with little air), flavors were good. Salted caramel melted a little too quickly, and the profiterole didn't have as many "chunks of stuff" as, say, Ben & Jerry's, but overall quite good. Very good waffle cone, too, not soggy, but not overly crisp, either.

Found it curious that, even with a 100-degree heat index, the majority of the people who walked in were looking for the bakery. In the course of eating a cone, had to tell four families it had moved. Nobody seems to know this is here yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter