UPDATE: ALLERGIC REACTION! Oil of Olay Definity! Nice! (Not for me anymore)

OceanAnnie

I guess I have a thing against
Has anyone tried the foaming moisturizer, Definity by Oil of Olay? I got it today. Oh my goodness! It's wonderful. It felt like I put silk on my face. I love this stuff!!! It's supposed to give a smoother appearance to the skin in 8 weeks. I'm happy with it right now. :cloud9:

Please don't tell me about any other products. ;) Cause I understand, if you give a girl a good moisturizer chances are she'll need some other lotions to go with it.

***UPDATE***

I'm so bummed. :( Day 2 using this product and I have a red rash and my skin is puffy from it. :( It's mostly on my neck. It's not too bad but dang! I won't be able to use it again, I'm sure. I didn't see a rash with the first application, but it may be that it was mild and I didn't notice it. I wasn't looking all that close.

I had another reaction recently to hair dye. Just a root touch up kit that blended in the highlights. But that allergic reaction was more extreme. Headaches, red sensitive scalp. So I can't use that anymore either. The only thing I can come up with is both products contain alcohol. Maybe I've developed an allergy to that. :confused3 I'm going to the doctor to get to the bottom of it.

Soooo bummed. I'm not a high maintenance girl. I only have a few products I use and like. Now this. :( I know it's not the worst thing in the world. But DANG.

Anyone develop an allergy like this?

Thanks for the review! I hadn't tried the foaming moisturizer, but I did get a sample of the serum in the mail. It smelled wonderful. Does the foaming have that same soft, warm scent?

Thanks for the review! I hadn't tried the foaming moisturizer, but I did get a sample of the serum in the mail. It smelled wonderful. Does the foaming have that same soft, warm scent?

I think so. To me, it's kind of a light vanilla/musky scent. Very nice!

Thanks, I'm going to try this!

I agree. The new Oil of Olay products are really good.

They apparently stopped making the one that I posted about, four months ago, or so. It had salicylic acid in it, but was formulated as a moisturizer for aging skin, like the rest of them.

(The whole time I used it, I didn't get one breakout. Once I couldn't find it anymore, I got a HUGE zit next to my nose. My husband was telling me he could see the Yeti swinging from it. :sad2:)

I'm on the lookout for a new one. I'll have to check it out!

I've been looking for a good moisturizer. I'll have to pick this up at my fav store..target.

I really like their Regenerist line, too! Doing anything I can to fight those :hourglass of time.

I may look into the Regenerist line. But dagonne the Definity cost $33 (and change) for 3 oz. That's a lot for a moisturizer for me! I know some people spend more, but I'm new to the expensive skin care stuff.

I did find a coupon for $3 off (manufacturers) and another for $1 or $1.50 (store) so that helped.

I've been using this for a while. I picked it up at Sam's, they always have a great price on these kinds of products.

I love oil of olay products and they work so well, almost immediate. Sadly after more than 3 or 4 days I break out big time from them...

Ilovejack02, I should've looked at makeupalley! Dag. I have been on the site a few times (and registered) since you mentioned it before. It's a great site! This time I just jumped in and bought it.

I'll have to look up the crappy reviews. I wonder if anyone had any similar reactions. Anyway, I hope the store will take it back without a fuss. I hate to waste the money on something I can't use.

Ilovejack02, I should've looked at makeupalley! Dag. I have been on the site a few times (and registered) since you mentioned it before. It's a great site! This time I just jumped in and bought it.

I'll have to look up the crappy reviews. I wonder if anyone had any similar reactions. Anyway, I hope the store will take it back without a fuss. I hate to waste the money on something I can't use.

Mine took it back, but i did keep the receipt. Im telling you MUA is the only way to go! Those girls know what they are talking about. PS I meant to say I love total effects and the regenerist line, not so much the definity line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter