UPDATE 11/18! - WDW w/an Obsessive Planner,an Ex-Soldier,a Marine, & a Drama Queen

Hey! Great updates. You are cranking them out woman. I can't believe you already have another trip planned, lucky you.

Seriously isn't there any other place you would like to go????

Me NEITHER!

I just I'd be the first to say that.

I love your ride buddies. I don't think I could convince my group to do that. I noticed Erica had pants in one picture and the next they were gone! Did she get a little hot?

Yes I am cranking them out because I have no life. This is precisely the reason why I MUST continue to go to WDW at least once every year for the rest of my life...if I don't I won't have a TR to write or a scrapbook to make and then I would just wither away while watching Lumar play video games.

You know what's funny, is that I haven't told my parents that we are going again...and it's for exactly this reason! I know that they are going to have something to say about "saving the money so we can move out" and blah blah but we already have that part taken care of. WDW is just not something everyone else understands. And you know what's funny? My mom has planned a family vacation to Aruba for July, and Lumar and I seriously considered passing that up, so we could go back to WDW again in October (after our March trip!). Seriously...DISers are the only people who would pass up a once in a lifetime trip to Aruba for ANOTHER trip to WDW!

And yes, a lot of people commented on our ride buddies and thought it was a great idea. It was a lot of fun! You should have everyone in your family pick one out and make them carry it for a whole day...if they don't want to after that then fine, but at least you'll have pics of that one day!

Just wanted to let you know I'm here and loving every minute of it! Your videos are great. Thanks for taking the time to post them!! :cool1:

Just wanted to let you know I'm here and loving every minute of it! Your videos are great. Thanks for taking the time to post them!! :cool1:

YAY DINDIN!! I missed you! Where have you been? I'm going over to your report right now to read your update!

A Fun Day at AK, The Cirque du Soleil Episode, More Freebies, and Injury # 2

We had breakfast reservations at Boma for 9am so I wanted to leave CSR by 8 to make sure we got to AKL in enough time. We ended up not leaving until 10 after, and I was really freaking out that we were going to be late. We took a bus from CSR to AK, since that’s the closest park, and then took a bus from there to AKL. When we arrived, it was 8:50 and they sat us right away which was cool! They served us that yummy juice that Ohana has, and since it’s a buffet, we all got up to walk around see what was there. I got French Toast (it had raisins in it, and it was SO good!) and scrambled eggs, with some potatoes. Mike and Lumar both had omellete’s made. I don’t remember what Erika ate but it was a really good meal! I wanted to take pictures of the resort so badly though, that I forgot to grab a zebra dome to try! The lobby is really hard to photograph because there is a lot of light from the huge floor to ceiling window, but the décor is very dark. I’m sorry that the first picture is blurry…Mike’s camera sucks.

This is headed downstairs to Boma:
DSC00515.jpg

Here is the lobby:
IMG_2648.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

So we left AKL and arrived back at AK at 10:10. Of course we have to take the Cheesy Tourist Photo:
IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

I had only two goals for today: Make sure we saw the Nemo Musical, and make sure we rode Dinosaur so we could scare the living daylights out of Erika. :rotfl2:
The first thing we did was go to the 10:40 FotLK show (again, no pics from Discovery Island…sorry guys). For those that read my December TR, you will remember that I didn’t really like it the first time I saw it, but now that I knew what to expect, I really had fun watching it!
My future tattoo (except mine won’t have the mane, and it won’t say Festival of the Lion King around it lol)
IMG_2661.jpg

After the show, we stopped in Asia to get FP’s for Everest, which had a return time of 2:55-3:55. This worked out perfectly with the schedule for all of the shows for the rest of the day so I (being the Obsessive Planner that I am) was totally in a good mood that this day was going to go so well! We headed back to Dinoland and rode Dinosaur and Erika was completely horrified :scared1:
IMG_2911.jpg

The first thing she said when we got off was “I don’t want to go on that anymore.”

We somehow ended up back on Discovery Island in our quest to get back to Asia for Flights of Wonder and we all stopped to get temporary tattoos:

Mine (duh):
IMG_2683copy.jpg

Erika’s (duh):
IMG_2680copy.jpg

Lumar’s (pirates…duh):
IMG_2693copy.jpg

And Mike’s (duh, since he’s the only one left!)
IMG_2694copy.jpg

And then we stopped to take a picture in front of the ToL:
DISNEYPHOTOIMAGE27.jpg

So we finally make it to FoW….I love this show so much! If I ever go work at WDW, I want to be the person on stage (not the tour guide!) bringing out all of the cool birds! Check out Pogo, the Sulfur Crested Cockatoo:

Wasn’t he great?! I apologize for the shaky camera…I was trying not to laugh and it just wasn’t working out for me.

So next we went back to Dinoland to ride Primeval Whirl and then we walked around in the gift shop for a little while. I found some really cute Stitch earrings that I bought and after we spent about half an hour in there, we went to ride Primeval Whirl again! I actually recorded our ride on the camcorder but I was holding the camera at a bad angle so the whole tape is Mike and Lumar’s legs.

At 2:40, we went back to Asia to ride EE. By the time we got there it was 2:45 and then we only had a 10 minute wait for our FP return time so we just hung out:
IMG_2666copy.jpg

In the gift shop I bought a 2007 Animal Kingdom picture frame that I was planning to put our picture in front of the ToL in, but the ONLY picture the Photopass Photographer took was the one I posted before, and the frame takes a vertical picture, not a horizontal one. So now, I have a $13 frame, that I love and have no use for. :headache: And since I (purposely) bought one with the year on it, I can’t even use it for a picture from our next trip or previous trips:
IMG_2918.jpg

While I was getting my picture frame Mike was….um….doing this:
DSC00525copy.jpg

We were all getting hungry and since we were going to DTD tonight to watch Cirque du Soleil, we decided to go eat now since we wouldn’t really have a chance to later. So we headed over to Discovery Island and hit up Pizzafari then went outside onto the patio area to watch the parade (only the greatest parade EVER!) After the parade was over we went back the Theater in the Wild so we could go watch the Nemo Musical. Holy Moly this show was GREAT!! It was so awesome – we will definitely go watch it again! I had seen the soundtrack in the Dinoland gift shop earlier and I was tempted to go back and get it but I was feeling much too lazy. So we went back to Asia and EE said 10 minute wait but in reality there was no wait, it just takes 10 minutes to walk through the queue. We then went to KRR and got to ride twice in a row! The thing I love about this ride is that you always make friends with the people on your raft! There was the 4 of us, an older couple, and a man with his son, and 4 year old grandson (they were from Ireland!). The little boy was the cutest thing ever! He had already been on KRR twice before we got there, and then we around twice so he rode it 4 times in a row! He was soaking wet and loving every second of it! It was so much fun, and it was so hot outside that we could have gone around a few more times had the park not been closed. The CM kicked us off when we got back after our 2nd time because it was 5 after 6. So we headed out and caught a bus back to CSR at 6:30pm.

Ok so the day was absolutely perfect up until this point. But, of course, it couldn’t just stay that way. I bought our Cirque tickets online from ticektmania.com. They sell Category 2 seats at a discounted rate (I think we save like $10 a ticket or something like that). The only catch is that they don’t mail you your tickets in advance. They send you “ticket vouchers” that show you paid for the seats, but you have to get there at 8pm to pick up the tickets at the Will Call window. I told everyone that we needed to leave at 7:30 so that we could catch a DTD bus, and if at all possible, leave a little earlier than that because we had to get off at the 2nd DTD stop, and walk all the way down to the Cirque tent, which is a 10 minute slow walk/5 minute speed walk from the bus stop. At 7:25 I gave everyone the 5 minute warning. Lumar and I ready to leave at 7:30. But Mike comes into our room and says that Erika decided to “go all out” and she’s not ready. I asked him what she was doing and he said she was drying her hair but she wasn’t even dressed and hadn’t put on make up yet. I said we would wait a little longer for her but Mike said that Erika had told him she was going to need at least another half hour but probably more like 45 minutes. AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :mad: I swear this was like the LAST straw! I know that it seems like a silly thing to be upset over…I mean, this is vacation and all. But when we have reservations for something, that you knew about in advance, and you knew that we had to be there by a certain time to pick up our tickets, you should not be getting ridiculously overdressed…especially since I was wearing a regular skirt with a polo and my Crocs flip-flops, and Lumar was wearing denim shorts and a Boba Fett t-shirt (from Star Wars, for those who don’t know). So at 7:45, I’m PO’d because she’s still not ready and Mike isn’t helping. So Lumar and I left without them so that I could at least get there to pick up our tickets. Yeah….that was all well and fine except that a DTD bus didn’t show up until 8:10. By the time we actually got the PI bus stop it was 8:40. We walked as fast as possible, cussing out Erika the whole time, and got to the ticket window about quarter of 9 (the show starts at 9, BTW). The CM was really nice and told me I could still get my tickets (which I was seriously, about 30 seconds from crying when we got to the PI bus stop because it was so late). I had sent Mike a text message with directions on how to get to the Cirque tent from the bus stop. I called them 3 times and they never answered and then finally at 8:50, Mike called me and said they just got off the bus. I told them to run and he said that they couldn’t because Erika was wearing stiletto’s. :sad2: “W/T/F IS WRONG WITH HER???” I shouted at him, then told him to pick her up and carry her or something, but of course he wasn’t going to do that. By then it was 8:55 so Lumar and I went in and found our seats. They were spectacular! Right in front of the stage and we were in the first row on the balcony so there was nothing but a wall in front of us! They were perfect! Literally a minute after we sat down, Mike called and said they were there, so Lumar went outside to meet them and give them their tickets. I was so mad about the whole thing that I didn’t even look at her when they came to sit down. The show was so phenomenal though, that I was feeling better afterwards and in a bit of a better mood although I was still a little upset. I decided I needed to get something to eat, because that would make me feel better. Well, of course it’s 11pm and everything is closing so our only option was Wetzel’s Pretzels/Hagaan Daz. I got in line for ice cream and Mike and Lumar got in line for pretzels. Erika said her feet hurt (well duh!) and she was going outside to find a table. As I was walking outside, I saw her sitting at a table over on the side so I made a quick left out the door and WHAM! I walked right into a bench, hitting the top of my thigh on the top corner of the back of the bench. I hit it so hard that I actually felt pins and needles go shooting down my leg into my calf. :faint: When Mike and Lumar finally came out, I was halfway done with my ice cream, but they have literally both arms full of food. Erika and I both asked them why they bought so much and they just looked at each other. Then Mike says “well actually, I only paid $1.05…” and Lumar says “yeah I paid $1.05 too.” They each had 2 sodas, two pretzels, and 2 cups of pretzel bites. So Lumar proceeds to tell us that the two of them were talking to the CM that was ringing them up and he was telling them about how terrible the manager is and how he treats the employees like garbage, then goes on to say that all day long, people treat him like garbage because he “works at the pretzel place and must be a moron.” So I guess Mike and Lumar were nice enough to him that he decided to be nice back and only charged them for one pretzel each. :woohoo:

By the time we got back to CSR it was after midnight and we were all so tired that we literally just passed out.

Day 2 at Epcot tomorrow!

Ok, here's a thought, not sure if this would work but it might and it hurts me to see such a lovely frame go unused! Take the group photo to a camera shop/Walmart whatever has one of those Kodak/Fuji do it yourself photo kiosks. You know, where you plug your memory card in and print off your pictures. Anyway, they usually have a scanner... scan the group one and print it off large so you can cut it to fit. Think that might work? It's either that or you obviously have to go back sometime within the next 8 weeks ;)

In the gift shop I bought a 2007 Animal Kingdom picture frame that I was planning to put our picture in front of the ToL in, but the ONLY picture the Photopass Photographer took was the one I posted before, and the frame takes a vertical picture, not a horizontal one. So now, I have a $13 frame, that I love and have no use for. :headache: And since I (purposely) bought one with the year on it, I can’t even use it for a picture from our next trip or previous trips:

lol what's really funny is that I didn't even notice until just now that it clearly states in your siggy that the two little ones are Shih Tzu's lol

and yes, I can see Border Collie in Tank! The pointy ears always make me think shepherd!

Here are the two "mixed breeds" (to be politically correct) I have:
We know Skippy's mom was a German Shepherd but he definitely has the coloring of a collie...and the long pointy nose!
Skippy1.jpg

And Skyla appears to be a chow/golden retriever/something else...she has a spotted tongue that could possibly be from a chow...her hair is definitely that of a Golden, but I've never seen a brindle chow or golden before....
Skyla.jpg

Hey Ali!!

I've read some of your TR but don't think I've posted here yet!

Your babies are cute also....Skyla is BEAUTIFUL!!! Very interesting color for sure! Wasn't sure if you already had them here on your thread....but I figured they deserved to be there again :upsidedow

Speaking of Tank's BC/Lab mix.....the first thing the vet told me was 'ahhhh...good one hyper and more hyper'....and boy could he ever be more RIGHT!! He just turned 4 and still crazy.....I'm keep thinking he'll slow down!

I can't wait to read more of your TR.....34 more days (or 2948734 :woohoo: seconds) for me!!!!

A Fun Day at AK, The Cirque du Soleil Episode, More Freebies, and Injury # 2

My future tattoo (except mine won’t have the mane, and it won’t say Festival of the Lion King around it lol)
IMG_2661.jpg

I love the tattoo! I've always wanted one but I've always been too much of a chicken....:rolleyes1

After the show, we stopped in Asia to get FP’s for Everest, which had a return time of 2:55-3:55. This worked out perfectly with the schedule for all of the shows for the rest of the day so I (being the Obsessive Planner that I am) was totally in a good mood that this day was going to go so well! We headed back to Dinoland and rode Dinosaur and Erika was completely horrified :scared1:
IMG_2911.jpg

The first thing she said when we got off was “I don’t want to go on that anymore.”

That picture is hilarious!!! :rotfl:

Ok so the day was absolutely perfect up until this point. But, of course, it couldn’t just stay that way. I bought our Cirque tickets online from ticektmania.com. They sell Category 2 seats at a discounted rate (I think we save like $10 a ticket or something like that). The only catch is that they don’t mail you your tickets in advance. They send you “ticket vouchers” that show you paid for the seats, but you have to get there at 8pm to pick up the tickets at the Will Call window. I told everyone that we needed to leave at 7:30 so that we could catch a DTD bus, and if at all possible, leave a little earlier than that because we had to get off at the 2nd DTD stop, and walk all the wait down to the Cirque tent, which is a 10 minute slow walk/5 minute speed walk from the bus stop. At 7:25 I gave everyone the 5 minute warning. Lumar and I ready to leave at 7:30. But Mike comes into our room and says that Erika decided to “go all out” and she’s not ready. I asked him what she was doing and he said she was drying her hair but she wasn’t even dressed and hadn’t put on make up yet. I said we would wait a little longer for her but Mike said that Erika had told him she was going to need at least another half hour but probably more like 45 minutes. AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :mad: I swear this was like the LAST straw! I know that it seems like a silly thing to be upset over…I mean, this is vacation and all. But when we have reservations for something, that you knew about in advance, and you knew that we had to be there by a certain time to pick up our tickets, you should not be getting ridiculously overdressed…especially since I was wearing a regular skirt with a polo and my Crocs flip-flops, and Lumar was wearing denim shorts and a Boba Fett t-shirt (from Star Wars, for those who don’t know). So at 7:45, I’m PO’d because she’s still not ready and Mike isn’t helping. So Lumar and I left without them so that I could at least get there to pick up our tickets. Yeah….that was all well and fine except that a DTD bus didn’t show up until 8:10. By the time we actually go the PI bus stop it was 8:40. We walked as fast as possible, cussing out Erika the whole time, and got to the ticket window about quarter of 9 (the show starts at 9, BTW). The CM was really nice and told me I could still get my tickets (which I was seriously, about 30 seconds from crying when we got to the PI bus stop because it was so late). I had sent Mike a text message with directions on how to get to the Cirque tent from the bus stop. I called them 3 times and they never answered and then finally at 8:50, Mike called me and said they just got off the bus. I told them to run and he said that they couldn’t because Erika was wearing stiletto’s. :sad2: “*** IS WRONG WITH HER???” I shouted at him, then told him to pick her up and carry her or something, but of course he wasn’t going to do that. By then it was 8:55 so Lumar and I went in and found our seats. They were spectacular! Right in front of the stage and we were in the first row on the balcony so there was nothing but a wall in front of us! They were perfect! Literally a minute after we sat down, Mike called and said they were there, so Lumar went outside to meet them and give them their tickets. I was so mad about the whole thing that I didn’t even look at her when they came to sit down. The show was so phenomenal though, that I was feeling better afterwards and in a bit of a better mood although I was still a little upset.

Sorry about all the drama......I would have been mad too esp. because of all the planning you've done. But I am extremely jealous you got to see Cirque!!! Unfortunately, I couldn't schedule it into this trip. But that just means there has to be a next time right? :thumbsup2

And to top it off you hurt yourself! :eek: That was just the icing on the cake wasn't it?

Can't wait for more!

Day 2 at Epcot tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Simba, sorry about the crazy way I posted above. Can you teach me how to quote certain things in the same post so that I can answer to each individually? Hope that made sense.....sorry I'm such a dummy! :rolleyes1

Stillettos?? Are you kidding me? I think about this time I would have told the two of them how hard you worked planning this vacation and would have just went my own way!

I feel so bad for you. But at least you have another vacation to look forward to right? Yaaay!

Ok, here's a thought, not sure if this would work but it might and it hurts me to see such a lovely frame go unused! Take the group photo to a camera shop/Walmart whatever has one of those Kodak/Fuji do it yourself photo kiosks. You know, where you plug your memory card in and print off your pictures. Anyway, they usually have a scanner... scan the group one and print it off large so you can cut it to fit. Think that might work? It's either that or you obviously have to go back sometime within the next 8 weeks ;)

I tried it :sad1: If I blow it up, I only get Lumar and Erika in the picture. And it also has a feature where you can turn a horizontal picture into a vertical one and that just cut the quality way down so I didn't do that. I might just have to fake it and use a picture of Lumar and I from our December 2006 trip...that was ALMOST 2007 so it counts right?? :laughing:

Simba, sorry about the crazy way I posted above. Can you teach me how to quote certain things in the same post so that I can answer to each individually? Hope that made sense.....sorry I'm such a dummy! :rolleyes1

That's OK - I knew what you were going for, and I sent you a PM! Hope it helps! :goodvibes

Stillettos?? Are you kidding me? I think about this time I would have told the two of them how hard you worked planning this vacation and would have just went my own way!

I feel so bad for you. But at least you have another vacation to look forward to right? Yaaay!

OMG I wanted to break her ankles I was so mad! Don't get me wrong, the trip overall was a lot of fun and we really did have a great time! But there were just certain points during the week where I was ready to hurt someone! And I know that she had a really had a good time on the trip and since it was her first "real" trip to WDW, I tried really hard not to be too commando (also since my brother just got home from a military tour, I was trying not to recreate the experience), but when I say we have to be somewhere at a certain time, common courtesty would lead you to perform only the actions necessary so that you can leave on time.

Oh well, it's over and done with and I'm not holding a grudge. We made it to the show and didn't miss anything so it's not like the night was TOTALLY ruined.

Another Late Start, A Late Lunch, and a Great Dinner

Earlier in the week, we all decided to take a bit of a break today. We all slept in a little bit, and did our own things in the morning, with the plan to meet up at Epcot around 2:30 for our lunch ressie at Nine Dragons which was at 3pm. Mike and Erika went to the gym and the Spa, and my plan was to get up around 9, go down to the Pepper Market for some breakfast and then walk around CSR and take some pictures, before heading to DTD for a couple of hours. Well, Lumar didn’t wake up until 11:30 and that is when he woke me up, so there’s your explanation as to why I have no pictures of CSR. At this point I don’t even know why we bothered going to DTD but we did and we got there around 1pm. Lumar “needed” to eat (with only 2 more hours until lunch I begged him to just get a snack, but no, he needed to have Earl of a Sandwich. So we waited in line for 25 minutes to order food (I got myself a salad and it was DEE-LISH!) and by the time we finished eating it was 1:40. Lumar had wanted to go to the World of Disney Store but we walked by the Pin Traders and can’t ever pass that up so we went in and spent a ridiculous amount of money. The next thing I know, it’s 2:15! We were planning to leave at 2pm so we could make sure we got to Epcot in enough time to walk halfway around the world (yes, the pun is intended) to China. So we’re sitting at the bus stop and Mike calls to say that he & Erika had caught the bus to Epcot, but it was sharing with Blizzard Beach so they had just left there. Lumar told him we were still waiting at DTD for a bus. Lumar had suggested that we hop a bus to another resort since it was taking a while for a CSR bus to come, but just as we started walking towards the stop for POR, a CSR bus showed up. By now, it’s 2:30pm and I’m beginning to panic. Then of course, when we get over to the PI bus stop, we sat there for 15 minutes because apparently the back door of the bus wasn’t working properly. So we had to wait for a manager to come on the bus to fill out a report, then the driver had to go to the back of the bus and reset the door mechanism. We didn’t leave PI until 2:45pm.

I didn’t bring the backpack with me today, just my purse, and I was running so late that I didn’t pack it efficiently that morning. So on the bus ride back to CSR, I mention to Lumar that I’m going to run into Panchito’s while waiting for an Epcot bus to buy a chapstick (I’m a total chapstick addict and I was having a mild meltdown without it). He tells me to be quick because he has a feeling that the Epcot bus is going to get there right away. So I run (and I do mean run) from the El Centro bus stop into Panchito’s, grab a Blistex, pay $1.75 (while Lumar is calling me telling me the bus just got there) and run out the door. I get out to the bus stop just in time to see the Epcot bus pull away. Then Lumar tells me that he asked the bus driver if he could wait one minute for me to come out, that I was on my way out of the lobby, and the bus driver told him no, that he was on a very strict schedule and couldn’t wait. So we were both really PO’d that we missed the bus. So PO’d in fact that of the 3 (count ‘em, three) MK busses that came, never once did it occur to us to get on an MK bus and take the monorail from the MK to Epcot. Now we have to stop at Blizzard Beach to drop off/pick up guests, then we finally head to Epcot. Mike called us twice while we were en route, to let us know where they were in case we got there and couldn’t reach them (which was very responsible of him IMO. Especially after the debacle last night, which I know he was feeling guilty for and it wasn’t even really his fault). By the time we got to Epcot it was 4pm. While waiting for us, Mike and Erika got to do Soarin’ (which some random couple gave them FP’s for because they thought Erika’s Princess Ears were the Wedding Ears and that she and Mike were Honeymooners), Mission Space, and Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I called Mike when we arrived and told him to head to China and we would be there in a few. Lumar and I got there at 20 after (and he has to use the bathroom, of course) so while he was in there I waited outside for Mike and Erika. When they didn’t arrive 5 minutes later, I called Mike to ask where they were. “Oh we’re just leaving Japan,” he says. So much for being responsible. I don’t know how they did it, but they somehow managed to arrive at Nine Dragons at 4:30 and thankfully they seated us right away. We were all starving and couldn’t wait to eat.
IMG_2747.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

We all had a fantastic meal and felt really good when we were done eating! I swear I don’t know why some many people don’t like this place because we love it. We have never had a bad meal here, and I am sad that it’s going to be closed when we go back in March. After lunch, we all went back to Mexico to ride El Gran Fiesta Tour. I am not crazy about the changes but the one thing that really bothered all of us was the magic carpet that Jose and Panchito are flying around on…. What is that about?

After Mexico, we split up again, with plans to meet in front of Coral Reef at 8pm for our dinner reservation. Lumar and I walked through all of the countries on the way back towards Canada, and I even stopped in America to use the ATM so I could go get some wine from Germany, which I knew I would have to backtrack for, and the stupid ATM wasn’t working! I was so upset I almost went back to Germany to see if they would take my card for a $6 glass of wine, but I decided I was too lazy so we just kept walking, taking a few photopass pictures along the way.
DISNEYPHOTOIMAGE24.jpg

DISNEYPHOTOIMAGE23.jpg

So we all met up at Coral Reef at 8pm and all of us were so relieved to hear that they were running about 20 minutes behind on their reservations. I know, seems strange to be happy about that, but we were all still full from lunch which was only 3 ½ hour ago. We took some pictures outside while waiting for our table:
DISNEYPHOTOIMAGE17.jpg

DISNEYPHOTOIMAGE16.jpg

Dinner was really good, although the menu is very limited. If you don’t like seafood, don’t expect to find “Old Faithful” options like steak. On the same note, the Chocolate Wave they serve for desert has to be one of the greatest things a chocolate lover can ever come into contact with.
DSC00573.jpg

Onve again, those Princess Ears came in handy for Mike and Erika, as the CM who served us congratulated them and then proceeded to NOT card them when they ordered beer. (They are both 20 so it's not a big deal to me, but I was sure they were going to get snagged for this!)

The restaurant itself is absolutely gorgeous – again I apologize because Mike’s camera sucks so the pictures didn’t come out that great:

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

After dinner, Mike and Erika left right away to go back to CSR while Lumar and I shopped around in Mouse Gear. That place was packed! To the point where it took us an hour just to check out! We finally left at 11:55am and went right to sleep when we got back. Can you believe tomorrow is our last day already? Sheesh! Where did my vacation go?

Wow, I can't believe you're on your last day!

I'm glad you had a nice dinner at Coral Reef. I CANNOT wait for our dinner there!!! :goodvibes

How can it be your last day already?? :sad2: It feels like you didn't even leave yet!!!

Can't wait for more! :surfweb:

Not the last day already!!

Sounds like you had a nicer day. Cept for the bus turmoil. I loved the pictures of you and Lumar. Very nice. Do they seem to have more photographers around because of the CD's? That will probably be the only time I will be in a picture. My husband is a wannabe snob and won't take pictures:confused3 !

Not the last day already!!

Sounds like you had a nicer day. Cept for the bus turmoil. I loved the pictures of you and Lumar. Very nice. Do they seem to have more photographers around because of the CD's? That will probably be the only time I will be in a picture. My husband is a wannabe snob and won't take pictures:confused3 !

I don't know if it's because of the CD's or not, maybe we just notice them more because we know we want to buy the CD :confused3 And Lumar is the exact opposite, he always wants to use the camera and I cringe at the thought because I'm terrified he is going to drop it and break it!! :eek:

Just found your TR and read it all. It was good, I'm waiting patiently for the next installment. Question: Where did you get your scrapbook?

Just found your TR and read it all. It was good, I'm waiting patiently for the next installment. Question: Where did you get your scrapbook?

Thanks for joining me! I'm glad you are enjoying it so far! I'm so sad that I'm almost done but I guess now I can start my pre-trip for March, right?? :goodvibes

I bought that scrapbook in WDW in December. When I was there in October they didn't have anymore in blue but they did have some in red with the same picture

Waiting for Ariel, Dinner at LTT, Injuries # 3 & 4, and the Extra CS Credits Fiasco

I had made breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace for this morning at 9:15am. Due to a series of unfortunate events (i.e. Mike and Erika can’t get up on time) we didn’t even leave CSR until 9:15, By the time we got on the bus is was 25 after and by the time we go the Magic Kingdom and through the gates, it was 9:40am. Of course, there was a mob of people outside CP and I thought for sure we were going to get turned away, but the CM at the check-in desk was very nice and told me that us being late was not a problem. She gave me a pager and I went and sat down on a bench with Lumar while Mike and Erika watched (what they could see from that distance) of the Dream Along With Mickey show. About 5 minutes later, our pager was going off and we went in to be seated. Eeyore was just walking by our table and the CM said he was going to give a second to sit down and he would bring Eeyore back to see us. Yeah right….I had to follow him around as we wer LEAVING the restaurant to get a picture of him!

Mike and Erika went up to get breakfast first and Pooh came by while they were gone so just Lumar and I got a picture with him…and the CM that took the picture didn’t get that great of a shot (notice the blurriness) but it’s not too bad:
IMG_2760.jpg

Tigger came by next:
IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

And then Piglet:
IMG_2764.jpg

Breakfast was really good and I was very happy that I made this last minute reservation. After eating, we headed straight for Fanstasyland so that Erika could fulfill her lifelong dream of meeting Ariel. When we first walked into the playground area, I swore the sign said 10 minute wait, but as I got closer I noticed that it actually said 40. I was a little perturbed but I figured this was probably the only chance we would have to do this and since it was the only thing that Erika really wanted to do on this trip, I figured it would be OK. Of course, this was before we noticed how exceptionally SLOW this line moves (for what reason, I have no idea) and 99% of the line is in direct sunlight. So we are all sitting there sweltering and then Erika says “I’m going to go sit on that bench in the shade so I don’t sweat my makeup off.” Me and Lumar were so PO’d! We were, after all waiting in this line because SHE wanted to meet Ariel….so how come she gets to go sit in the shade and we all have to stand here melting? Why is it OK for the three of us to look totally beasty in the picture but not her? Finally after waiting in line for an hour, we made it into the shady part where the rocks are….we were first in line at the rope and the CM says “Ariel’s taking a short break, she’ll be back in a few minutes.” 15 minutes later the CM comes back and lets us in. And as upset as I had been with Erika while waiting in line, it all went away when I saw how happy it made her to meet Ariel! Yes she cried (Drama Queen, hello?) and was totally speechless and maybe it was an exaggeration but I like to believe that it wasn’t. It really was one of those moments that you think about all the time and can’t help but smile because you know that there is no other place in the world that you can get this kind of “magic.”
DISNEYPHOTOIMAGE13.jpg

DISNEYPHOTOIMAGE8.jpg

So after meeting Ariel, we headed over to Pinocchio’s so we could all use the bathroom and then grab some water. Erika and I also split a cannoli (YAY!) then we walked down to Toontown to meet Mickey!
DISNEYPHOTOIMAGE2.jpg

As we walked back through Fantasyland, I saw Rabbit doing meet and greets across from the Teacups and I really wanted to get in line but I felt bad for Mike and Lumar after standing in line for Ariel and I agreed to actually get on the Teacups instead. For anyone who doesn’t already know, I HATE the Teacups! There are only two kinds of rides that I can’t do: the first is anything that hangs you upside down for extended periods of time, the 2nd, is teacup type rides. I didn’t actually get sick but I really wished I had gone to meet Rabbit and let the others ride without me.

We walked back through the hub and over to Adventureland where we waited 30 minutes to ride Pirates and then I stopped in the gift shop to buy a t-shirt for my dad, then we went back to the Agrabah Bazaar so Erika could get a skirt to wear since she was roasting in those jeans she had on. I don’t know how all of this took 3 ½ hours but it did and it was now 3:30pm. Erika and Lumar stood in line to get Dole Whips while Mike and I sat in the shade to wait:
IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

Our dinner at LTT was at 5pm and although Mike and Erika kept saying they were tired, they opted to just stick it out until after eating and then they were going to go back to CSR for a nap before Wishes. We left the shady spot in Adventureland at 4pm and for some reason, it took us 45 minutes to get from Aloha Isle to LTT. We were debating on squeezing in a ride on HM before dinner but the sign said 45 minute wait so we skipped that and went back to put our names in. They were able to seat us right away and we had a fantastic meal here! This is another place that I don’t understand what people hate about it!
IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

This is Mike going “I’m so full!!” just as I was taking a picture of all the stuff on the wall behind him:
IMG_2805.jpg

After dinner, we stopped at the bathrooms and Mike and Erika decided they were going to head back to CSR. I gave them their room keys and Lumar and I headed back to Toontown and rode the train all the way around the park. Remember, no bad dancing on this ride!
IMG_2820copy.jpg

We stopped to buy some pins on our way back out of Toontown, then went back to Liberty Square and saw Hall of Presidents for the first time. We both really liked this and we knew that Mike would really enjoy it too, so we decided to take him and Erika back here tonight. Something at this point in my life told me that I needed to take out our room keys and I’m really glad I did because I accidentally gave Erika my card instead of hers so she wasn’t going to be able to get back in the park! I called her we agreed to meet at the front gate at 8:30pm

The HM still had a 45 minute wait and it was 7:45. We decided to wait anyway since the line appeared to be moving quickly and said that we would leave at 8:15 if we weren’t close to getting on. By 8pm we were not only inside, but getting on our doombuggy. We were psyched that we got to ride before we went back to get Mike and Erika, but one thing we forgot to take into account was SpectroMagic. So at 8:15, Lumar and I are pushing and shoving our way through a packed Main Street, trying to get back to the front gates. We made there exactly at 8:30 and then we all had to push back up Main Street to get the hub, while 1000 other people were all trying to get out of the park. It took us another 20 minutes to get back to that noodle place and Wishes started right at 9. We had a really good view of the fireworks but you can’t hear the music from back there so that kind of sucked.

After Wishes we were going to head for Space Mountain but there was no line for Laugh Floor and we hadn’t done it yet so Mike, Erika, and Lumar, all duck under the chains and get in line. I go to follow but with the backpack on, I can’t get under the chain so I try to step over instead. Can someone please explain to me HOW I manage to get one of my toes stuck INSIDE one of the links on the chain? And to make it worse, when I pulled it back out the chain snapped back and whacked me in the shin, and that caused me to lose my balance and fall slightly forward, dragging the same shin all the way down the chain. It was probably one of the worst moments of pain I have ever had in my life and to this day (literally a month later) it STILL hurts! The bruising went away but there is a still a lump where the chain hit me, and the whole bone is extremely sensitive to the slightest touch. Shaving my leg is very painful, that’s how hard I hit this thing!

The Laugh Floor Comedy Club was highly entertaining. While you are waiting in the queue to go in, they have TV’s that say you can text your joke to some number and if they like it, they will use it in the show. So Erika, texted in a joke and unbeknownst to myself she said that she was “Alison from Florida” – meaning me and I happen to be in Florida at the time. The joke went like this: Two muffins are baking in an oven. The first muffin turns to the other and says “It’s kinda hot in here, eh?” The second muffin responds “Holy moly a talking muffin!” Not the funniest thing I ever heard but they used it in the show!

We headed back to Space Mountain which had a 45 minute wait but lucky us had those FP’s they gave us on Sunday when the ride shut down and we were able to get right on. After Space we hightailed it back to Liberty Square, knowing that the Hall of Presidents plays every half hour and it was almost 10:30pm. Imagine how PO’d we were to arrive at 10:28pm and find that the last showing was at 9pm. But it wasn’t a total loss because SpectroMagic was traveling through that area and there was no crowd so we stayed to watch and then we hit the Haunted Mansion one last time.

Here are my attempts at taking cool Photopass pictures. I think they are actually pretty good representations of what it would be like if you were drunk in the MK…notice how the castle appears to be falling over in this picture of Lumar….
IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

I finally got a good one but it’s just the castle and there is no pretty reflection in the water…
IMG_2838.jpg

On the way out, Mike and Lumar wanted to stop at Casey’s so Erika stayed with them while I went to Exposition Hall to get our Photopass CD made. The CD used to be $100…the CM told me that they were “having a special” and if I bought the CD for $134.99 I would get 3 free 5 x 7 prints with character signatures or whatever I wanted on them. So in reality, they jacked up the price to $134.99 to cover the cost of those 3 prints and the CD is still $100. And I was über mad when we got home and I realized that I forgot to put the pictures from MNSSHP on the CD so I ended up spending another $60 to have those 6 pictures printed directly from Disney and now I can never make reprints. While we’re on the subject of the CD, I thought I would mention that I totally forgot all about it and Lumar reminded me as were on our way to Casey’s.

While they were getting their food, the CM that was ringing them out mentioned to Lumar that he and I still had 8 CS credits to use, and Mike and Erika still had 7. Then he noticed that we were checking out the next day and said “if you guys go to the Main Street Bakery, practically everything there is a CS credit but it’s stuff you can take home with you.” We were really excited as we had never gotten anything from the bakery before. So we get in line at the bakery and when we got up to the counter, I asked the CM “what items count as Counter Service credits?” She replied (and I quote) “everything except this first tray and the Uncrustables.” Well Erika happened to be talking at the same time so I asked the CM the same question again, just to be sure, and she gave me the exact same response as before. The 4 of us are going through the items adding them to our trays like a bunch of pigs. Seriously, by the time we got to the checkout lady, we each had a cinnamon bun, an apple turnover, 2 muffins each, a bunch of cookies, cheesecake, chocolate cake, and some other things that I don’t remember. Erika went back to get herself a bottle of water and I tell the CM at the register that we are paying with CS credits. She looks at me and says “none of these are CS items, they are just snacks…” My jaw must have hit the floor because Erika came over and asked me what was wrong. I told her what the CM just told me and her jaw then hit the floor. Both of us said that the CM in the line told us that everything was CS except the first tray and the Uncrustables. She said that there was probably a misunderstanding and the CM probably thought we were asking what snacks we could get with a CS meal as the dessert. I told her point blank, look – we don’t want all of this if we just have to pay OOP for it, because that totally defeats the purpose. So I asked her if she could ring it up as CS – we didn’t care if, in the end, we were losing some money by not getting the whole meal. She said that she can’t do that because they have to keep track of what they sell. So then she said we could just get the complete meals and have sandwiches made. I was like it’s 11:30pm and I am not going to sit here and wait for them to make 15 sandwiches that we weren’t even going to eat. So she told us to go sit for a minute and she would call over a manager to see what they could do. So the manager comes over and tells the CM that we can get one drink per credit in addition to the snacks we had, and to just pick anything and ring it out as the entrée then put it all in as CS. So Erika and I went back to the drink island and got a bunch of drinks (some juice and water bottles) and put everything into a couple of Disney bags. By the time we actually walked out of the Magic Kingdom it was 10 of 12 – and I still had to go back to the room and START packing!

As I was running around like a maniac trying to pack everything (while Lumar was lying in bed half asleep, by the way) I managed to hurt myself YET AGAIN and I kicked the leg of the bed with my little toe. I swear I thought I snapped the darn thing right off of my foot. At that point it was 2am and I gave up on trying to shove things into our luggage and just put everything that was left over into 2 Disney bags and left it on the bed…I would go down to Panchito’s in the morning and buy another duffel bag. Keep in mind that I had both of our suitcases and two duffel bags that I packed empty, just to carry souvenirs home in, plus each of us had a backpack and I STILL didn’t have enough room. The problem I ran into was that I had been planning to send all of our souvenirs home from the gift shop in one box but in order for them to do that, you need all of the receipts. Well do you think I had those? No, of course not. So all of the stuff I was planning to ship, now had to come home on the plane with us. AAAHHHH!!! Next time, I’m keeping the receipts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter