*update 1/10 Am I done?!!* How to get your child to grow 1" in 120 days....

Hi Sarah! Awesome plans and considering the heat pool time will be a bonus! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see photos of the girls in their etsy dresses! They are already adorable!

Em wanted to get her hair cut at the Harmony Barber Shop but hadn't made an appointment ahead of time so they had a really long wait so we had to move on.

If I don't make it back before you leave on Saturday I wish you all the best for an AWESOME trip!!! :cloud9:

Wow!! Your trip really snuck up! The whole summer slipped away and I barely even noticed.
Oooh exciting lens to try! I wish we had a rental option around here. I have my eyes on a Sigma 18-35 F1.8 that I'd like to try out first.
Can't wait to see pictures of those Etsy dresses!
Love the plans, can't wait to hear all about the real thing!

Ooo, you'll have to let me know how your experience goes with the rental lens. Been thinking about doing that for my next trip - been debating either a wide angle or a fisheye lens since I don't have either in my current stash.

So the lens arrived yesterday - it required a signature but came delivered in foam, and very secure (lots of high quality foam, with a cut out for the lens to sit secure) it has all the pre paid shipping labels for me to send back when I get home. :) it's in very good shape, no visible wear and no issues with multiple shots at various setting....

Contact me if you do, so we can meet up! I'll PM you my contact info. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Got it!

Plans look great! Nothing wrong at all with just having a general outline of what you want to do and just going with the flow. I prefer to do it that way than try to plan things minute by minute only to have them go up in smoke due to some interruption that always seems to take place.

It won't be long at all now. Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

It's basically here! Also, with kiddos go with the flow is a must... It's amazing that at so small they can control sooo much...

No fair!!! Can you guys both go in Feb too please? :goodvibes

I'd love to... However I haven't hit mega millions yet... If I do..... ;)

Hi Sarah! Awesome plans and considering the heat pool time will be a bonus! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see photos of the girls in their etsy dresses! They are already adorable!

Em wanted to get her hair cut at the Harmony Barber Shop but hadn't made an appointment ahead of time so they had a really long wait so we had to move on.

If I don't make it back before you leave on Saturday I wish you all the best for an AWESOME trip!!! :cloud9:

Thanks! I can't wait to come back to your TR! I'm sure we will have lots of cute pictures of the kiddos - I may even post one or two on FB ;)

Wow!! Your trip really snuck up! The whole summer slipped away and I barely even noticed.
Oooh exciting lens to try! I wish we had a rental option around here. I have my eyes on a Sigma 18-35 F1.8 that I'd like to try out first.
Can't wait to see pictures of those Etsy dresses!
Love the plans, can't wait to hear all about the real thing!

It did... And it didn't.... Summer just does that - one minute you have all this time and the next school is starting... Leaves are changing....

This was an online rental dealer, so you maybe you could find the same in Canada - or as a thought you could have it shipped to your resort and shipped back from there if you wanted to try it in WDW only ;)

Well I may post a few Facebook pictures but I'm thinking the next 9 days will be pretty busy!! :)

Ok... So it's been awhile since I've been on here.... I'm still sorting out PP+ issues with quite a few photos missing. I hope to get it straightened out soon and when I finally request the CD I'm going to start updating! All in all we had an awesome time, with great service and pixie dust along the way :)

Ok... So it's been awhile since I've been on here.... I'm still sorting out PP+ issues with quite a few photos missing. I hope to get it straightened out soon and when I finally request the CD I'm going to start updating! All in all we had an awesome time, with great service and pixie dust along the way :)

Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures and hear about your trip! :goodvibes

Oh dear! I hope you can get the Photopass pictures back! I found out too late that they can do that after last year's trip. (We waited until almost a month after the trip to order the cd so we didn't complain until then ...)

Good to hear everything went smoothly on the trip itself! I decided to do another P/TR (in my sig) if that sort of thing helps with the post-Disney blues, that's when I follow a lot of other people's is a few months before and a few months after my trips ... helps me get over the fact that the next one seems so far away.

Oh dear, I hope you get your pictures back! I want to see them all!
Glad to hear you had an awesome time, and some pixie dust too :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Alright! Guess what finally came after weeks of trying to track down photopass photos…. My CD! Yaaaay! I am going to say that this is now the official start of my TR! Again, I didn’t take notes…. And I am going to try to remember… Try….

Just like any other trip to FL we took the first flight down to WDW…. It happens to be one of the only nonstop flights to choose from, and the other is usually around 5 or 6 pm… So it is obviously a no brainer… :) We live too far from the airport to take the last flight out the night before so waking up before the sun is always the route we go. Oddly enough, it is not too far off from our normal wake up time! So this time around we woke up at 2am… We were out the door with the iced coffee and portable breakfast I bought the night before by 2:50am…. It is a little over 2hrs from the airport and we arrived close to 5am. It was a smooth trip, no crazy moose running out into the road and so far one of the easiest times we have had getting to the airport. We checked our bags, went through security and went off in search of more coffee, bathrooms and a few last minute snacks for the plane. With my Starbucks in hand, potty stops completed we finally settled down to wait to board the plane – we had about a 30 minutes wait and Zoey and I utilized this time to relax (and check out our plane) while Olive decided that a 2am wake up wasn’t going to slow her down and made Zack chase her around the empty loading gates….

Well, soon enough, we were boarding and on our way down to FL! I was so lucky and sat in between Zoey and Olive!! Yay right? We had a fairly uneventful flight down, aside from trying to control a 2 yr and 4 yr old it was great. I really cannot wait until one of two things happens… Flying becomes “easy” or we move and can drive to WDW…. I hate flights, one of my kids always seems to upset a person nearby (Flight home was stressful….) We made it though, and I think everyone did ok… Especially Zack, who was to spend the time sitting alone watching sports on his phone for 3 hrs!!

We landed a couple minutes early, and soon enough we were off the plane and headed to claim our luggage… Bags in tow, and in desperate need of more coffee we then walked right out to Alamo, and then picked out our car! I had ended up scoring a Nissan Altima for $148! A quick trip to Target for a few baby proofing items, groceries (amazingly they had a great organic selection….) diapers and the much needed coffee we were off to go check in at Kidani.

We drove through the main gate and instantly Zoey became excited! I think she finally was understanding that we were in Disney World! I was super excited too, this was our first vacation as a family of just 4. We always go places with family or friends so this was new to us.

How could you not love this view anyway! Horrible pic, I did it in a rush and was too caught up with my munchkins :) Guess where we pulled up next!

With a warm welcome home(and quite a few stickers for the girls!), we proceeded through the gate to Kidani Village. I had debated over and over again on switching our resort to Jambo, but in the end I am thrilled I didn’t! Zack pulled up into temporary parking and I walked (briskly if I may add!) to check-in. I was greeted by 3 CM’s standing out front and led inside by a sweet CM who was still earning her ears. She kept apologizing for not being super fast – and I kept telling her not to worry. We had booked a standard 1 bed villa – my only request being a “non roadway view”. At that moment our room was ready and this thrilled me! We would be able to get settled in before going to AK for lunch!! So, after saying thank you I ran out to the car, I wanted to get it parked and unloaded! I really love the parking situation at Kidani, it is under the hotel. We had a great location, very close to the pool but a bit of a hike to Jambo. Well, we unload our exhausted children and head up to the room…. On the way we decide we need to eat sooner than later so after we get everything up Zack and Zoey will run over to the Mara for lunch.

So this is where the pixie dust started…. We get to our room and go inside – and it looks like we can see grass from the room…. So we walk outside onto the balcony and this is what we saw!!

Our room was absolutely gorgeous, very clean and well maintained. I can say we did not have a complaint about anything! Here are some pictures of the room, it was a 1 bed, with 2 bathrooms. I thought we would use the 2nd bathroom more, but not so much. We ended up putting a safety on the other door so the girls could not open it. Also, Zack had a fabulous idea on keeping the slider locked from the kids. They instantly figured out the double lock, and I was very concerned prior to arriving so we bought a very small adjustable shower rod. Zack put it in the slider in the bedroom and voila! The room was officially baby proofed!
Here are some pics I took quickly with my phone…

So while Zack and Zoey ran off for lunch, Olive and I hung out and unpacked and got everything set up so it would be an easy bedtime later. We had already completed the childproofing, which consisted of putting all the phones where they couldn’t get to them, hiding all pens, putting an outside lock on the master bath, and putting the shower rod in the bedrooms slider. Oh and how could I forget putting all knives and glassware in upper cabinets! Maybe we are paranoid, but I am in the camp of better to be safe than sorry. We had spent a while debating sleeping arrangements for this trip, would the girls get the master and Zack and I take the pull out… Or vice – versa… Well, in the end we brought a blow up mattress and put it at the end of our bed, and then put Olive in the pack n play in front of the slider. While not perfect, we knew we could child proof that area completely, Zack and I could hang out in the living room and relax in the mornings and nights and we would both sleep better knowing that the girls were right there. This set up worked really well and I was very happy with it. Olive had a few nights where she would get upset in the middle of the night and we were able to grab her and bring her into bed with us to ease her fears. She has night terrors and not being at home triggers them….

Well, Zack and Zo came back with some flatbreads, and we ate! They were pretty good and much better than the fake pizza I have gotten in WDW. We started talking… Did we really want to go to the Animal Kingdom? Kinda… But we were tired…. Soooo I was able to change Boma to 4:30 and we relaxed for a few hours. It was nice, much needed and I am soooo glad we didn’t go to AK…. Converting passes – not as easy as one would anticipate!

Well, I will continue my next update eventually ;) I am now trying to write this and create our photobook for the trip… I gave myself a month on the photobook…..

Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures and hear about your trip! :goodvibes

You are so close to yours! I cant wait to read yours as well!!!

Oh dear! I hope you can get the Photopass pictures back! I found out too late that they can do that after last year's trip. (We waited until almost a month after the trip to order the cd so we didn't complain until then ...)

Good to hear everything went smoothly on the trip itself! I decided to do another P/TR (in my sig) if that sort of thing helps with the post-Disney blues, that's when I follow a lot of other people's is a few months before and a few months after my trips ... helps me get over the fact that the next one seems so far away.

Ok, I must be losing it! I must have never subscribed to your PTR when I read this like a month ago! I am glad I stumbled upon it... Hehe... Sometimes I am way too distracted!!!

Oh dear, I hope you get your pictures back! I want to see them all!
Glad to hear you had an awesome time, and some pixie dust too :)

We lost two sets of photos completely... It was really a hassle and took weeks to get everything straightened out... I really hope photopass is in better working order, but apparently we went right as they were updating, so there was only one magic shot, and I had to work with them to track down I think 7-8 sets of photos in the end....

However all in all everything was good - just frustrating because of the time involved :) We walked away with a CD that has over 400 pics on it!

Love the pixie dust and the room view!! :thumbsup2 One of these days I hope to get a room upgrade. Maybe this trip? ;) AKL and Villa rooms are so beautifully themed. 4 more days!! :banana:

The funny thing with DVC - is there really isn't "upgrades" and most of the time it is worth avoiding because they try to work it out through the points system and yeah - something seems to get a bit botched. I was lucky though to the left was a fence.... I believe we were in one of the reclassified savannah rooms :)

So are you going to post pics on FB or Instagram or Twitter from your trip?

So are you going to post pics on FB or Instagram or Twitter from your trip?

Twitter for sure. I'll post my Twitter info on my PTR in the next couple of days. Just a lot easier and faster to post pictures from my phone as I go through the day.

I'll probably post some pictures on the October DISer FB page and maybe even throw up one or two pics from my DSLR at the end of each day. Lord knows that page needs some positive posts. ;) The tone has gotten so negative and depressing the past couple of weeks.

I'm glad that you were able to survive flying with a 2 and 4 year old. You're a lot braver than I am. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

The room and the view looks awesome! I think you had a great idea for childproofing and the sleeping arrangements. Our first order of business for any hotel room is always moving or at least unplugging that stupid phone before the kids start playing with it. :lmao:

I'm excited to see that you have your photos in order and have started your TR. I need to go back and read all the details since the photos of the villa caught my attention and the adorable little ones in the bathroom photos! Seriously cute princesses!

The villa is huge! (baby proofed is definitely a bonus.) I just love the theming.

I'm so glad that you have this started!

Ohmygoodness that room is lovely! Last trip we learned the secret of flying better ... in a plane that is 3x3, each child should get a window with a parent in between. :rotfl: That way each adult only has one child. Although I don't know if we'll follow this if we have a second since they won't be small and high maintenance at the same time. Love the babyproofing!

Twitter for sure. I'll post my Twitter info on my PTR in the next couple of days. Just a lot easier and faster to post pictures from my phone as I go through the day.

I'll probably post some pictures on the October DISer FB page and maybe even throw up one or two pics from my DSLR at the end of each day. Lord knows that page needs some positive posts. ;) The tone has gotten so negative and depressing the past couple of weeks.

Ain't that the truth! They have been grumpy lately... My theory is it is all perspective, if you don't like what you are seeing... Change it. :)

I'm glad that you were able to survive flying with a 2 and 4 year old. You're a lot braver than I am. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

The room and the view looks awesome! I think you had a great idea for childproofing and the sleeping arrangements. Our first order of business for any hotel room is always moving or at least unplugging that stupid phone before the kids start playing with it. :lmao:

Flying with them isn't so bad, but its not fun... I don't know what I was thinking though when I volunteered to sandwich myself between the two... The way down was a breeze compared to the way home though!

Seriously, why do they have so many phones? I think there was three in our room... All in all the sleeping arrangements worked very well... Especially the air mattress!

I'm excited to see that you have your photos in order and have started your TR. I need to go back and read all the details since the photos of the villa caught my attention and the adorable little ones in the bathroom photos! Seriously cute princesses!

The villa is huge! (baby proofed is definitely a bonus.) I just love the theming.

I'm so glad that you have this started!

Thank you on the compliments :) I will say that the villa in Kidani felt very large, and we didn't feel cramped at all. The design was done very well. Plus I think the themeing at AKL is just really great. I should have taken more pictures of the room, but the dining table feet looked like horse hooves... So many details like that....

Just caught up. :goodvibes

Yay!!!

Ohmygoodness that room is lovely! Last trip we learned the secret of flying better ... in a plane that is 3x3, each child should get a window with a parent in between. :rotfl: That way each adult only has one child. Although I don't know if we'll follow this if we have a second since they won't be small and high maintenance at the same time. Love the babyproofing!

Yeah, we are flying again in January, and I think I am going to go that route. This way Zoey can sit behind Olive and I wont worry about her upsetting the person in front of her. I think its going to be easier (on me at least!) and we can just deal with a stranger in each of our rows.

Sooo hopefully Monday or Tuesday I will get the rest of Day one up and potentially start Day 2. Still trying to finish winterizing the house, we realized painting will have to be done in the spring (We have to finish the trim and foundation) the mountain tops are starting to become snow covered, the oil man has made a visit, and winter is basically here.... So in theory I *should* have more time on my hands :)

Hooray for arriving! Wow, what an amazing room, absolutely beautiful! Check out that view!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter