Upcoming Movies: What are you Most Excited to See?

Toy Story 3! When I was a little kid, the first Toy Story was good, but still held a back seat to Lion King, B&tB, Aladdin, etc, but Toy Story 2 was (and still is) one of my favorite movies. Jessie was my favorite Pixar character for years and I carried the doll around everywhere. What's more, with the release of Toy Story 3...there are some eerie parallels. I am also going off to college this fall, and trying to cope with leaving my carefree childhood behind, and clinging to my old toys and such. Needless to say, this movie is going to have me in tears, I just know it. Especially considering Pixar has been putting more and more tearjerker material in their films over the years.

Then there's Rapunzel/Tangled. I'm a big fan of the modern Princess movies from Disney, and I've heard this is supposed to be just as good as the others. And although I prefer 2D for fairytale films, the oil painting look I've heard about sounds beautiful!
(Plus, Alan Menkin!:woohoo:)

PotC has me both worried an excited. 3 wasn't quite as strong as I think it could have been, and franchises tend to do poorly in a 4th installment, but I'm hoping for the best. I have so many fond memories attached to the pirates fandom and its movies!

And if they ever manage to make Snow Queen (it got shelved again :( ), I definitely want to see that. I love that story, and a Disney Version would be awesome.

How come we saw sequels (several in some cases) for classics like Cinderella, Jungle Book, Peter Pan etc but we've never had sequels for Snow White, Sleeping Beauty etc ?? How do we all feel about sequels 50 years after an original classic ?

How come we saw sequels (several in some cases) for classics like Cinderella, Jungle Book, Peter Pan etc but we've never had sequels for Snow White, Sleeping Beauty etc ?? How do we all feel about sequels 50 years after an original classic ?

I am actually excited to see these! To me the originals are a bit dated and there are some kids who just cant get into them. The animation was grainy! I know that neither of my kids will sit through any of the older movies. They just dont hold their attention! They are 8 and 4. I am excited to see what Tim Burton brings to the table with the remakes he is doing and I am excited to see the new fresh look of the movies! Worse case senario~noone likes the new ones and the originals are still intact! No harm no foul!

I havent heard that they are going to be sequel type movies....I heard they are flat out remakes.

"Tangled" cus I'm totally a princess movie kind of girl and while I look forward to "Toy Story 3" and such, more so for "Tangled."

MOST of all though oh I am REALLLLLLY waiting with anticipation for "Brave" (formally known as the "Bear and the Bow"... what is up with all the name changes on their movies) But that a long ways off. Yet it is like my ideal plot line for a princess movie. I mean... a highland warrior princess. That girl is gonna kick booty

I'm pretty excited about the release of Alice in Wonderland on DVD. Love to be able to show my kids some of the best scenes (Futterwacken dance, Alice in the Teapot) without having them sit for the whole movie (still a bit too young, at 7 and 4).

Super excited for some of the Disney Channel Original Movies that are coming out this summer--especially 16 Wishes and Camp Rock. I've got some serious Disney fans in my house and their excitement over counting down the days until the new releases is so fun to watch!

The countdown for Toy Story 3 is well underway--we can't wait.

Our best thing right now, though, is Alice in Wonderland on DVD. Lots of creative Futterwacken-ing going on!

I am looking forward to James and the Giant Peach hitting Blu-ray (as well as Toy Story 3, Beauty and the Beast and Finding Nemo).

For theaters: Toy Story 3 was top of the list. I'll probably go see it again shortly. I am also looking forward to Tron Legacy and Tangled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter