*** Upcoming 2013 Jan to March Disney Discount Offer : Details ***

So excited! We just booked for 8 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids, with regular dining plan at the French Quarter, 1 day park tickets for $2416.08. We did one day tickets because we upgrade them to season passes once we get there.

This is *almost* as good as free dining, so I'll take it!

Is this for a standard view room at POFQ?

someone explain the discount to me
I have a current res at por riverside, 3 adults (my oldest is 19) and 2 children 11 and 9
I have room and tickets (non hop) booked now
what is the discount?
Do I add dining at kid cost?
better than that?
a %?
I have no math skills

I'm going to take a stab at it, but please don't hate me if I'm completely wrong. I'm giving you the calculation on a per night basis, as I'm not sure how long you're staying. I think I understand the deals...but I've been wrong in the past. ;)

There are two possible deals: For the room-only discount you save 30% off room-only rate at POR (about $60/night for late January).

For the "kids of all ages" deal you will save $153 per night (if you want the standard dining plan) plus some savings on the park tickets (that depends on # of days). Here's my reasoning, if anyone wants to pick it apart. You'll be able to add standard dining for all 5 of you at the kid rate--instead of paying $55.59 per night for each of you who are ages 10 and up, you'll pay the kid rate of $17.16 per night for each of the 5 in your group. If you get the standard dining plan that saves you $153 per night of dining (because 4 of you eat at the child price) over the regular dining plan price. Since you don't currently have dining it will add money to your plan, (cost of $85.80 to feed all 5 of you per night), but if you were planning to eat 1 quick service and 1 table service and 1 snack per day then this is a better deal for you than the room-only discount. (If you don't have your ADRs then you will want to jump on that to get the table service meals you want on this plan.) You will save an additional amount of money for the park tickets--but it depends on how many nights you're staying.

For my family of 5 with 4 "adults" we'll save $72 total on the park tickets for 5 day tickets. We're staying 4 nights and have 5-day tickets and we'll save $684 total between the food "deal" and the ticket "deal". It's not as much as I was hoping, but it's better than nothing! Of course, I am Disney-visa-less, so I will be anxiously watching for the update next Wednesday!

Right now I have AAA discount on room at POFQ for 1/2-1/7 and tickets from undercover tourist.
Is this visa promotion a better deal? Do I only have to buy one day tix to get this deal? Those tix have no expiration/ can they be upgraded later? Or should I buy park tix w/this deal and save other tix for different trip?

Also, can I still get my park tix one day early if I do a room only the day before my package starts? The CM said no on the phone tonite.

The more I read the more confused I am. Is the AoA Nemo Suites part of either offer? Also, are the LM rooms part of either offer?

We have two different families going with two reservations. 3 adults and 3 kids in the AoA Suite and 2 Adults booked in the LM rooms.

I'm just confused :scratchin

Also, are there any blackout dates? We will check-in on 2/22 and checkout on 2/28.

Thanks!!

I already have a trip booked in January and have paid the deposit, but not on our Disney Visa. Can I still call and get this deal if I pay another 200 on the visa??

I'm going to take a stab at it, but please don't hate me if I'm completely wrong. I'm giving you the calculation on a per night basis, as I'm not sure how long you're staying. I think I understand the deals...but I've been wrong in the past. ;)

There are two possible deals: For the room-only discount you save 30% off room-only rate at POR (about $60/night for late January).

For the "kids of all ages" deal you will save $153 per night (if you want the standard dining plan) plus some savings on the park tickets (that depends on # of days). Here's my reasoning, if anyone wants to pick it apart. You'll be able to add standard dining for all 5 of you at the kid rate--instead of paying $55.59 per night for each of you who are ages 10 and up, you'll pay the kid rate of $17.16 per night for each of the 5 in your group. If you get the standard dining plan that saves you $153 per night of dining (because 4 of you eat at the child price) over the regular dining plan price. Since you don't currently have dining it will add money to your plan, (cost of $85.80 to feed all 5 of you per night), but if you were planning to eat 1 quick service and 1 table service and 1 snack per day then this is a better deal for you than the room-only discount. (If you don't have your ADRs then you will want to jump on that to get the table service meals you want on this plan.) You will save an additional amount of money for the park tickets--but it depends on how many nights you're staying.

For my family of 5 with 4 "adults" we'll save $72 total on the park tickets for 5 day tickets. We're staying 4 nights and have 5-day tickets and we'll save $684 total between the food "deal" and the ticket "deal". It's not as much as I was hoping, but it's better than nothing! Of course, I am Disney-visa-less, so I will be anxiously watching for the update next Wednesday!

So I think your post finally made me understand what the package discount really is! Assuming it's good for both the dates I'm traveling and the resort I'm staying in (AKL) then I think we'll save $731.30.

Based on the way you explained it here's what I did to get my calculations - we currently have the deluxe DP, which is $99.97 a night. If we get the kids rate it will be $26.84 a night. Since there are 2 of us that's a savings of $146.26 a night. Multiply that by 5 nights = $731.30??

FD would only really save us about $500 for the trip I think so for us with the deluxe DP at a kids rate seems to be a better deal!

If we had the choice to do the RO (I think it's 35% for the AKL Savannah Rooms) instead of the package I think that saves about $700 as well.

Does that make sense??

I'm confused by this -- I don't have a Disney Visa card, so I'll have to wait until the 10th. Will I be able to have access to both deals on the 10th or just the package deal?

ShellieB said:
I already have a trip booked in January and have paid the deposit, but not on our Disney Visa. Can I still call and get this deal if I pay another 200 on the visa??

I did the same, booked on a different card a month ago. Called to get promo today they just asked for $200 on the disney visa and it was good to go.

So I think your post finally made me understand what the package discount really is! Assuming it's good for both the dates I'm traveling and the resort I'm staying in (AKL) then I think we'll save $731.30.

Based on the way you explained it here's what I did to get my calculations - we currently have the deluxe DP, which is $99.97 a night. If we get the kids rate it will be $26.84 a night. Since there are 2 of us that's a savings of $146.26 a night. Multiply that by 5 nights = $731.30??

FD would only really save us about $500 for the trip I think so for us with the deluxe DP at a kids rate seems to be a better deal!

If we had the choice to do the RO (I think it's 35% for the AKL Savannah Rooms) instead of the package I think that saves about $700 as well.

Does that make sense??

Wait you get Deluxe Dining for the kids price? If so, that is a phenomenal deal! Can anyone confirm?

When I called, no, I did not get a deal on the deluxe dining. It came out the same if I had upgraded it before discounts came out.

Yes, you can. Even if you've paid your whole trip off, they will credit $200 back to your original charge card, and then charge $200 to your Disney Visa. I just did this today for one of my clients for their trip in February. You only have to make one $200 payment on the Disney Visa to get the promo.

When I called, no, I did not get a deal on the deluxe dining. It came out the same if I had upgraded it before discounts came out.

That's lame-o! So how's that work? The DP is $55.59 and the kids DP is $17.16. The deluxe DP is $99.97 and $26.84 for kids. So instead of getting the deluxe for $26.84 they will take the difference between the DP and deluxe DP ($44.38) and add that to the kids DP?

Math:
Kids DP: $17.16 + Difference bet DP and Deluxe: $44.38 = $61.54

As opposed to:
Kids deluxe DP: $26.84

That's lame-o! So how's that work? The DP is $55.59 and the kids DP is $17.16. The deluxe DP is $99.97 and $26.84 for kids. So instead of getting the deluxe for $26.84 they will take the difference between the DP and deluxe DP ($44.38) and add that to the kids DP?

Math:
Kids DP: $17.16 + Difference bet DP and Deluxe: $44.38 = $61.54

As opposed to:
Kids deluxe DP: $26.84

I'm pretty sure that's what they're going to do. I'd be VERY pleasantly surprised if we could get deluxe dining for kid price. Who wouldn't at that point? All the signature dinners would just cost them too much.

For simplicity's sake, I think the Stay/Play/Dine formula works like this:

(Rack Rate Room cost for entire stay) + X(Child's ticket cost for stay) + X(Child's dining plan for stay), where X is the number of people going.

I have no idea how this deal works, I just know I am getting the same package as before plus upgraded to a preferred Pop room) and am saving over 200 dollars.

For simplicity's sake, I think the Stay/Play/Dine formula works like this:

(Rack Rate Room cost for entire stay) + X(Child's ticket cost for stay) + X(Child's dining plan for stay), where X is the number of people going.

If the promotion is the choice between a discount on rooms or an "adult pays kids prices for dining plan and park tickets" deal, then a 25% room only discount at WL for 2 adults for six nights would be better. We would save about $540. The adults pay kids prices would save us $480. So we would save more with a RO discount.

Of course, we aren't sure what the exact deal is yet, are we?

Is it a guarantee that this deal will be the same when they open it to the public on Oct 10th?

I'm pretty sure that's what they're going to do. I'd be VERY pleasantly surprised if we could get deluxe dining for kid price. Who wouldn't at that point?

I know!! That's why I was so excited!

I'm going to have to do some math with the simple formula and see what happens!

ok, i am having a bit of a panic attack! lol i want a discount so bad (i can't really afford this trip to begin with, what with all the student loans i'm supposed to be paying back starting in january). i will be anxiously awaiting wednesday. i hear the deals are limited, so now i am stressed about not getting one.

i am really bad at math, people are saying a lot of different things, and this is all speculation right now anyways, but i'm wondering if someone could give me a ballpark number on what i might save. i am booked at POR from feb 2-8. 2 adults, 6 nights, garden view room. 5 day basic park tickets and regular dining plan. i paid $2418 for this package. if i could get the price below $2000 i'd be pretty happy!

melissarose said:
ok, i am having a bit of a panic attack! lol i want a discount so bad (i can't really afford this trip to begin with, what with all the student loans i'm supposed to be paying back starting in january). i will be anxiously awaiting wednesday. i hear the deals are limited, so now i am stressed about not getting one.

i am really bad at math, people are saying a lot of different things, and this is all speculation right now anyways, but i'm wondering if someone could give me a ballpark number on what i might save. i am booked at POR from feb 2-8. 2 adults, 6 nights, garden view room. 5 day basic park tickets and regular dining plan. i paid $2418 for this package. if i could get the price below $2000 i'd be pretty happy!

I think you'll save $36 total on park tickets and about $459 on dining, for a savings of $495. That's just the kid rate on DP and park tickets plus rack rate on room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter