Unpopular foods you love

Canned corned beef hash. I mix mine with maple syrup and cook until there's a slight crispiness. Yum. Occasionally serve over a waffle.

Yup, fry it 'til slightly crispy - but I like mine with butter and ketchup. Good stuff!

Mayo on fries (ranch too!) Hellman’s or go home
Goat cheese, one of my favorite snacks is goat cheese and black olive tapenade on crackers YUM!
Love cilantro

I like everything the rest of my family hates.
Fruitcake
Candy Corn
Circus Peanuts
Those little black and orange wrapped chewy halloween candy
Oscar Mayer Braunschweiger
Spam or Treat, fried of course.
Egg Nog

Chocolate-flavored Malt-O-Meal--best when half the liquid is milk (other half is water), I don't add salt and I add less sugar than it calls for (which salt and sugar are optional anyways according to the directions).

I haven't had this in years....But I always enjoyed it when I did.
There's at least one local grocery store chain that has it, the other ones may or may not (I don't shop at them so I couldn't tell you) but my local Wal-Marts kinda reduced from having the Original and Chocolate flavors to just the Original one a few years ago. I never really liked the Original flavor.

My mom shops at the one local grocery story that I know has it so about a month ago (because I really crave it during colder months lol) I asked her next time she was in there to get me some. Shortly there after she got me 2 boxes and now I have enough to last me through winter and then some :laughing:

Saw this on another forum

I would say for Hawaiian pizza

I didn't know it was unpopular :oops: I really like it too. Although now that you mention it, I have seen some jokes about people freaking out over how pineapple doesn't belong on pizza.

If they have a problem with it, they are just missing out.

Raw beef sandwiches. Which is raw, lean ground round served on cocktail rye with salt and pepper and sliced onions. We eat it only at Christmas and get a lecture from the butcher every time we order it. But it's tradition!

Cream of wheat
Grits
Oatmeal

Oh yes, me too. Though grits aren’t popular around here, but I’ve had them a few times. Hot cereal is so good, especially when it’s cold out. Haven’t had it in years, but I also loved Wheatena as a kid.

Raw beef sandwiches. Which is raw, lean ground round served on cocktail rye with salt and pepper and sliced onions. We eat it only at Christmas and get a lecture from the butcher every time we order it. But it's tradition!
How does your butcher know you're eating it raw? And has (s)he never heard of carpaccio or beef tartar? It would really blow the butcher's mind to know that some tartar preparations include a raw egg too. :teeth:

How does your butcher know you're eating it raw? And has (s)he never heard of carpaccio or beef tartar? It would really blow the butcher's mind to know that some tartar preparations include a raw egg too. :teeth:
I don't know! We order it freshly ground and pick it up from him directly - we don't eat it from the butcher counter. He asks us - are you eating this raw? YEP. And then the words of warning commence...
I understand the risks, but I have been eating that since I've been five and I'm waaaaayyyy beyond that now!

I don't know! We order it freshly ground and pick it up from him directly - we don't eat it from the butcher counter. He asks us - are you eating this raw? YEP. And then the words of warning commence...
I understand the risks, but I have been eating that since I've been five and I'm waaaaayyyy beyond that now!
:laughing: Maybe try mustering a sincere look of concern and asking him sweetly if there's something about the quality of his product that you should be particularly worried about? ;)

Unpopular foods? Or foods that some people don't like and they are VERY vocal about it?
Liver and onions. But it is the top selling entree at two family style restaurants near my home, so it clearly is popular.

I love liver and onions, it was always my birthday meal request.

I eat pretty much everything -- specifics:

Ham, Bacon, Onion & Pineapple pizza -- one of my favorites!
Mayonnaise -- nastiest substance on earth
Liver -- yes, please -- preferably chicken livers, but they must be fried very gently
Liver mush -- fried with mustard, please!
Bleu cheese -- tied with mayonnaise for nastiest substance on earth
Brussels sprouts, asparagus, spinach -- yum!
Cilantro -- I think I could eat it like salad -- tastes like freshness
Anchovies -- y'all haters do realize Caesar salads and Worcestershire sauce are full of anchovies?
Mushrooms -- they make everything better!
I see no problem with catsup on hot dogs
Sauerkraut -- love it, but only my good homemade stuff, not that soggy grocery store stuff -- super cheap/healthy too!
Fruitcake -- ick -- I think it's a taste from a past generation
Corned beef hash -- delicious -- and our Christmas breakfast is usually Filet Mignon hash -- but hash must never, never come out of a can
Goat cheese -- depends upon the quality -- never the cheap stuff; trust a farm girl: the cheap stuff tastes like a goat smells --
Oatmeal -- oh, yes! But it's gotta be the stone cut stuff -- never those little packets
Plantains -- hate those things
Figs -- not overly fond
Cotton candy -- can't stand the overly sweet smell
Pig's feet, chicken feet -- too disgusting looking
Beer -- how can anyone consume something that smells so bad?
Wine -- it's not really much better than beer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter