Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So I overlayed the plat from @Bioreconstruct on the Google Earth imagery.

Two images here, the first is just the overlayed plat, the second is my best guess as to how the park will be laid out based on roads in the image.

The red 'circles' are where it looks like possible karsting could be, based on aerials over the years. Interesting that they put a lot of the roads where it looked like there could be potential issues.

Also, the park portion turns out to be about .2 square miles, which is a little smaller, than the Magic Kingdom.

Edit: corrected play to plat
Edit 2: Added size of park estimate

Last edited:
I know everyone keeps saying "Too many screen rides" and how opinion now is that they seem to be moving away from those, but I'd love to see something FJ style in the Classic Monster section, all in black and white with just the odd burst of colour for flames, creatures eyes, that sort of thing!

Thats actually the section I'm looking forward to the most!

Somebody already beat me to this but I made it earlier and want to post it anyways lol.
This is how the map matches up to google earth20190801_155538.png
And this is where I believe, if the permits are correct, the main entrance will be.20190801_155936.jpg

I’m ‘excited’ but not a fan of how incredibly vague (as to content & anticipated opening day) the announcement was. :scratchin Smells of being rather hurriedly put together to counter the buzz from SWGE.

Once the press dies down from this go-round, they will likely rinse & repeat with small reveals leading up to divulging the basic content. Same as they do with HHN announcements, wringing all they can out of it. Can’t blame them, it’s worked in their favor so far.

Admittedly, file this under Dream on:rolleyes1, but the teaser’s artwork initially had me getting a timey, whiney Dr Who vibe. Next thing I thought of as to the word Epic was - Bill & Ted. RIP. I was thinking small, as in a replacement for Terminator. Nothing to see here, move along.

I want to say I'm excited, but I'm concerned about it being separate from site 1. Hopefully they will have quick, often shuttles from 1 resort to the other. It appears that you also won't be able to walk from land to land, but have to go through the central hub to get into the next land.

Wouldn't it be cool if universal bought most of the properties along universal blvd? And all of the hotels became universal sponsored or they could build a monorail type system over the road connecting both resort areas

Fingers crossed on one of the lands being Fantastic Beasts - big fan of those movies:lovestruc:lovestruc And just think about the merch possibilities with all those amazing creatures!

Since this land is so far away from the other two, speculation on the mode of transportation to connect the HP areas?

I’ll start with flying cars!

Joking aside, flying car gondolas would be cool.

Did I understand this correctly? They're putting 750 acres behind one gate? Am I the only one that thinks that's nuts?

Did I understand this correctly? They're putting 750 acres behind one gate? Am I the only one that thinks that's nuts?

It won't be 750 just for the park. That's the total amount of land they have.

They have to build back of house buildings, parking, the "entertainment center" they mentioned (ala city walk) etc. Plus they'll want to keep land aside for other potential expansion like perhaps a 2nd hotel or whatnot.

So I overlayed the plat from @Bioreconstruct on the Google Earth imagery.

Two images here, the first is just the overlayed plat, the second is my best guess as to how the park will be laid out based on roads in the image.

The red 'circles' are where it looks like possible karsting could be, based on aerials over the years. Interesting that they put a lot of the roads where it looked like there could be potential issues.

Also, the park portion turns out to be about .2 square miles, which is a little smaller, than the Magic Kingdom.

View attachment 422072View attachment 422073

Edit: corrected play to plat
Edit 2: Added size of park estimate

Alicia from Orlando park stop has it layed out pretty well in this article: https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/th...heme-park-epic-universe-with-speculation-map/

dev-plan-early-layout03.jpg

in the concept art, If you look towards the back of the Nintendo Land area, there is a roller coaster. Most likely the Donkey kong boom coaster.

I feel like a Dreamworks section would work better than just having one land based on How to Train Your Dragon.

Since this land is so far away from the other two, speculation on the mode of transportation to connect the HP areas?

I’ll start with flying cars!

Joking aside, flying car gondolas would be cool.

I remember when there was a rumored transportation post on this forum a few months ago. I do not remember all the details, but it didn't seem to be the best transportation from park to park, but perhaps it would work within this whole property itself since they'll be able to control traffic within their own property, but not on the main Orlando roads.

As for park to park, I think it would be awesome to have Knight Buses for transportation. Of course, it doesn't go along with the whole theme, but I think it would be awesome to have Knight Buses for transportation (plenty of capacity bus wise) and they can do the same type of screen work on HE that way we see things in relation to the parks, rather than Orlando traffic.

It sounds like everything i'm hearing in regards to transportation needs to be limited to only buses and the potential train stopping at the convention center. Universal isn't like Disney and doesn't own all of the land between parks, so they need A LOT of things to get approved from several sources to begin any type of transportation with an even larger amount of permits required. Just doesn't seem like an option.

The night bus is a great idea as mentioned by @Disxuni. perfect advertising too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter