*Unofficial* 2022 DIScon Fan Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiggerette

You are *so much* my type of nerd!!
Unofficial Planned Meetups (Post-Ian)
  • Pre-con Social at Coronado: Friday 8pm (Coronado Dahlia Rooftop Lounge ) Hosts: Danielle C

Pre-Ian Info:
Howdy everyone! DIScon is coming up September 30-October 1, 2022. Often, fans in the DIScommunity enjoy an informal meet-up or two while we're gathered in town. This thread is a space for us in the community to plans ideas for getting together.

DISers offering share park time/ social visit / make new friends during DIScon weekend:
  • Ravens girl
  • Pensprincess
  • emchantedx
  • PamNC (offering space for 1 to/from EPCOT party in convertible, please PM for details)
  • LuvEeyore
  • Steve8002 (also looking for DISers to join HHN, Wed Sept 28. Express pass helpful.)
  • Brian_WDW74
  • foolishmortal13 (welcoming EPCOT rope drop DISers, Sat 10/01 from Coronado)
  • Tiggerette
Unofficial Planned Meetups
  • Pre-con Social at Coronado: Moved to TOP OF POST

• Mickey's Halloween Party: Friday Sept 30 (Need Meet-up Location) Need Co-Hosts
    • Attending: Puritysan, Michele&Jessica, SteveW8002, foolishmortal13
  • FACEBOOK planned meetups: Thurs night 09/28 monorail crawl, beginning at the Contemporary at 5 pm and ending at the GF; Halloween party Friday 09/30, EPCOT showcase Saturday morning 10/01. You need to join the private Facebook group "Unofficial DIS CON" to get details.
    • Tigger-ette is not on Facebook, so please pass along any cross-posting to help share info for others not on Facebook. Otherwise, a portion of DISers cannot participate in these events.

DISers Sharing Resort Location
All Star Movies: drummrsanonymous
Coronado: Danielle C, LuvEeyore + Mom, BoardwalkLover64, foolishmortal13
Old Key West: wiihoo888
Saratoga Springs: EE_Mom
Offsite: PamNC (Fairfield), Brian_WDW74 (Wyndam Bonnet Creek)

Prior Post:
For those new to the DIS community: our meet-ups are fan initiated, and are sometimes as simple as: "I'm going to X (park/restaurant/ticketed event), would folks like to join me?" Or something organized like, "We're going to have a craft night. Come make something with us." Often, we'll wait to schedule any unofficial fan events until the official convention schedule is set. We also tend to have lots of ideas initially, and then eventually settle on a few that has a number of folx planning to attend.

When you offer an idea, please share if it's an event that you could host. You can always offer an idea without a host! Eventually we'll need a contact/host to help be a person that will welcome DISers who arrive and help with pre-event logistics. For now, I think it'll be good to just have some ideas to see where the energy is for what to do---- if anything. It's perfectly OK if folx are like, "Naah- I'm good." or "Yaaas! Unofficial meet-ups are fully awesome!" It's all good.

Last edited:
Maybe a catered dinner at the venue site? Of course, it would have to be coordinated with the sponsors for space. I’d suggest seeing if one or more of the caterers on Ears for Each Other could do it. I’m thinking of the one who does the Ohana meal.

Adding an idea that came up in the chatterati: Thursday Sept 29 meet-up at Universal Halloween Horror Night.

(Not my personal cuppa tea, but then again I'm easily swayed into large group theme parties. ;) I wanted to make sure the idea was represented here.)

Just saw the dates for the Not So Scary nights. Looks like both 9/29 and 9/30 are contenders. Haven’t done one of these is probably almost two decades. Could be fun

Hello DISers! Now that Celebration is concluded, I'm turning towards the next fun convention. After chatting with smarter folx than I, we decided not to purchase the Mickey's halloween party for the same night that we're arriving, Sept 29. The airlines are too much in flux for an on time or even same day arrival. (As I'm typing, I'm listening to gate agents announce cancelled flights.) All that said, of course other folx could host an unofficial DISer meetup for the Sept 29th or other party!

If folx have more ideas for unofficial meet-ups, like for Sunday for example, keep 'em rolling in! :cutie:

I'm thinking I'll probably be flying solo for DisCon so I'm super excited to meet up with people and make new friends. I've never done HHN and I'm not sure if my scaredy-cat self could handle haha

I'm at Coronado. I haven't been there since 2015 I think? I was being wined and dined by Disney since we were considering using Coronado for a convention. I'm sure I'm not being given a suite, comped on all food and free parking this time around. Bummer. 🤣🤣🤣

I'm flying solo, staying in the cheap seats at All Star Movies. Seeing Yehaa Bob and meals at Homecomin' (especially brunch) are on my short list of things to do.

Hello Friends🥰🥰 would love to meet up but will not have loads and loads of free time. What does everyone think of a couple of drinks and snacks somewhere after the first day? Or even the night before as community friends are arriving after they check in? Boardwalk could be a good shout. Lots of variety and great transportation for everyone getting back to different resorts. Unofficial discon snack club is totally my vibe 🍷🍸🍹🍕🍪🍦

I’m not a beer drinker so variety is key for me😂😂

I'm flying solo, staying in the cheap seats at All Star Movies. Seeing Yehaa Bob and meals at Homecomin' (especially brunch) are on my short list of things to do.
Love the yeehawww bob idea! Do they still have the guitar singers their? I loved loved them as a cast member I would just sit in the lobby to relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter